Electric Power Distribution Automation Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028
The global electric power distribution automation systems market size reached US$ 27.9 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 40.4 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.4% during 2022-2028.
Electric power distribution automation system (DAS) assists in collecting, analyzing, and managing the distribution of electricity. It comprises sensors, processors, switches, and information and communication networks to improve the operational efficiency of the power system. It enhances the speed and accuracy of different key distribution system processes. Besides this, it provides real-time operational notifications about fault detection, voltage monitoring, reactive power management, preventive equipment maintenance, and grid integration of distributed energy resources.
Electric Power Distribution Automation Systems Market Trends:
The increasing requirement of electricity in hotels, hospitals, data centers and corporate offices represents one of the primary factors strengthening the growth of the market. Additionally, there is a rise in the need for energy efficiency and immediate fault detection in power distribution networks. This, along with the benefits offered by electric power DAS, such as reliability, islanding operation and better operational performance, is contributing to the growth of the market. Besides this, rising investments in smart cities by governing agencies of numerous countries have resulted in the upgradation of transmission and distribution infrastructure. This, in confluence with the surging demand for smart grids and increasing investments to replace the existing infrastructure, is strengthening the market growth. Furthermore, private distribution utilities, service providers, government bodies and equipment manufacturers are investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce innovative technologies. These technologies are anticipated to reduce power failures and increase the overall efficiency of the existing distribution system.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the global electric power distribution automation systems market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on implementation and application.
Breakup by Implementation:
Consumer Side Automation
Breakup by Application:
Breakup by Region:
Middle East and Africa
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players being ABB Ltd, Eaton Corporation Plc, G&W Electric Company, General Electric Company, Honeywell International Inc., Hubbell Power Systems Inc (Hubbell Incorporated), Itron Inc, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, S&C Electric Company, Schneider Electric, Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories Inc. and Siemens AG.
Key Questions Answered in This Report
1. How big is the global electric power distribution automation systems market?
2. What is the expected growth rate of the global electric power distribution automation systems market during 2023-2028?
3. What are the key factors driving the global electric power distribution automation systems market?
4. What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global electric power distribution automation systems market?
5. What is the breakup of the global electric power distribution automation systems market based on the implementation?
6. What is the breakup of the global electric power distribution automation systems market based on the application?
7. What are the key regions in the global electric power distribution automation systems market?
8. Who are the key players/companies in the global electric power distribution automation systems market?