Southwest Airlines Co - Enterprise Tech Ecosystem Series
Southwest Airlines Co (Southwest Airlines) is a provider of passenger airline services. The company provides point-to-point flight services that offer direct nonstop routing as compared to hub-and-spoke service. It also offers high-frequency short-haul routes supported with the long-haul nonstop service between markets such as Dallas Love Field and Houston Hobby, Denver Chicago Midway, Los Angeles International and Las Vegas, Phoenix and Denver, Los Angeles and Nashville, Los Angeles and Baltimore, and San Diego and Baltimore in the US. It also offers various ancillary services such as upgraded boarding, EarlyBird Check-In, and transportation of pets and unaccompanied minors. Southwest Airlines is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, the US.
The report provides information and insights into Southwest Airlines' tech activities, including -
- Insights of its digital transformation strategies and accelerator programs
- Overview of technology initiatives covering partnerships and product launches
- Insights on each technology initiative including technology theme, objective, and benefits
- Details of estimated ICT budgets and major ICT contracts
Reasons to Buy
- Southwest Airlines has deployed AI-based software platform from Phenom People Inc (Phenom), a HR technology company, to manage its recruitment. The platform leverages AI to tailor job postings and messaging for potential candidates.
- Southwest Airlines customer support and service team deployed Salesforce Service Cloud platform. The platform consolidated 15 different tools that customer service representatives used to gather customer data. Service Cloud provided a 360-degree customer view which helped to enhance customer experience.
- Southwest Airlines deployed Software AG’s ARIS, a cloud-based platform that allowed the airlines to improve its business processes. The platform allowed to design, analyze, share, and improve processes leveraging cloud technology.
- Southwest Airlines signed a payment partnership with Uplift, a provider of payment solutions, to offer BPNL service to its customers. The agreement allows airline company’s customers to use Uplift’s BNPL payment option to book Southwest Airlines flights to over 100 US and international destinations.
- Southwest Airlines partnered with Airlines Reporting Corp (ARC), a provider of transaction settlement and data information services, to complement its corporate travel distribution strategy. The partnership allowed Southwest Airlines to leverage ARC’s network of travel agencies to increase product availability to their corporate travelers.
- Gain insights into Southwest Airlines' tech operations.
- Gain insights into its tech strategies and innovation initiatives.
- Gain insights into its technology themes under focus.
- Gain insights into various product launches and partnership strategies.
- Digital Transformation Strategy
- Accelerator & Innovation Programs
- Technology Focus
- Technology Initiatives
- Partnership Network Map
- ICT Budget
- Key Executives