Retail Banking Market Dynamics: France - 2018
France’s retail deposits and mortgage markets performed well during 2013-17, but are expected to perform sluggishly over the next five years. Conversely, the credit card market fell during 2013-17 but is expected to slowly recover. France ranked among the countries with the lowest interest margins and profits in Europe between 2013 and 2017. The cost-to-income ratio remained high in France.
This report identifies macroeconomic and competitive dynamics that impact upon the French retail banking market. It provides insight into -
- The outlook for deposits, credit cards, personal loans, and mortgages.
- Net changes in market share across all four product areas.
- Overall financial performance including profitability, efficiency, and income sources.
Reasons to buy
- Credit Agricole, which leads the retail mortgage market in France, increased its market share the most in 2017.
- Credit card balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 3.6% over 2018-22.
- Mortgage balances are expected to record a compound annual growth rate of 2.3% over 2018-22.
- Identify factors affecting growth prospects across the deposit, credit card, personal loan, and mortgage markets.
- Track competitor gains and losses in market share.
- Assess the financial performance of competitors.
- Macroeconomic Overview
- Retail Deposits
- Retail Deposit Market Size
- Retail Deposit Market Share and Rank
- Retail Deposit Balances Growth
- Credit Cards
- Credit Card Market Size
- Credit Card Market Share and Rank
- Credit Card Balances Growth
- Personal Loans
- Personal Loan Market Size
- Personal Loan Market Share and Rank
- Personal Loan Balances Growth
- Mortgage Market Size
- Mortgage Market Share and Rank
- Mortgage Balances Growth
- Market Metrics
- Financial Ratios Market Average
- Competitor Metrics
- Competitor Financial Performance
- Market size in local currency
- Table Market Size (LCU Million)