PacifiCorp - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Capacity PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Generation PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Transmission PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Distribution PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Customers PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, By Sales PacifiCorp, Wind Farms PacifiCorp, Wind Farms, United States PacifiCorp, Solar PV Parks PacifiCorp, Solar PV Parks, United States PacifiCorp, Hydro Power Plants PacifiCorp, Hydro Power Plants, United States PacifiCorp, Biopower Plants PacifiCorp, Biopower Plants, United States PacifiCorp, Thermal Power Plants PacifiCorp, Thermal Power Plants, United States Business Description Business Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview PacifiCorp Strengths Business Model: Vertically Integrated Customer Base Increase in Revenue PacifiCorp Weaknesses Working Capital Deficit PacifiCorp Opportunities Strategic Plan Increase in Demand for Electricity: the US Growth Plans PacifiCorp Threats Regulations Volatility in Electricity Prices Clean Power Plan by EPA: the US Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape PacifiCorp, Deals Summary PacifiCorp, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Central Oregon Community College Receives a Grant of USD0.3 Million for Redmond Campus Solar Power Plant in Oregon, US Debt Offering PacifiCorp Raises USD600 Million in Public Offering of 4.125% Bonds Due 2049 Recent Developments PacifiCorp - Recent Developments Mar 24, 2011: LIHI Certifies PacifiCorp's North Umpqua Hydroelectric Project In Oregon Dec 28, 2010: PacifiCorp Requests Utah PSC To Approve Construction Of New CCNGT Plant Oct 13, 2010: Idaho PUC Approves Sales Agreement Between PacifiCorp And Windland Dec 07, 2009: Pacificorp Files For LIHI Certification For North Umpqua Hydroelectric Project In Oregon Sep 16, 2009: Rocky Mountain Power Seeks Approval For 111 MW Dunlap I Wind Farm In Wyoming Jun 25, 2009: PacifiCorp Seeks Approval From IPUC For PPA With Hydro Facility In Western Wyoming Oct 13, 2008: PacifiCorp Receives Approval From PUC For Idaho Transmission Line Feb 07, 2007: PacifiCorp Continues With Klamath Licensing Process, Settlement Discussions Jul 23, 2018: Invenergy partners with Pacific Power to supply solar power to Facebook Jul 23, 2018: PacifiCorp Receives Additional State Approvals, Will Move Forward With Major Wind and Transmission Expansion Plan Oct 25, 2017: Organic Valley introduces new solar partnership to be 100% renewably powered by 2019 Apr 04, 2017: Rocky Mountain Power Plans to Power the Future With More Wind, Solar and Transmission Lines Apr 14, 2015: PacifiCorp to Study Joining the California ISO Apr 14, 2015: PacifiCorp Agrees to Explore Full Participation in California ISO Oct 01, 2014: California ISO, PacifiCorp Begin Parallel EIM Operations Feb 12, 2013: PacifiCorp And California ISO Commit For Enhanced Grid Coordination Through Expanded Energy Imbalance Market Aug 10, 2011: BPA To Upgrade California-Oregon Intertie Nov 09, 2010: PacifiCorp, Klickitat, Skamania Counties Reach Tentative Agreement On Decommissioning Condit Dam Sep 29, 2010: ECOtality Expands EV Infrastructure Plan For Oregon Aug 03, 2010: PGE And PacifiCorp Sign MoU To Open Discussions On Joint Development Of Cascade Crossing Transmission Project Mar 31, 2010: Idaho And PacifiCorp Sign MoU For Electricity Transmission Aug 31, 2009: Duke Energy To Build 200 MW Windpower Project In Wyoming Jun 08, 2009: Rocky Mountain Power Plans To Start Construction Of Wind Farm In Carbon County, Dunlap, California Apr 15, 2009: Rocky Mountain Power To Construct Power Transmission Line In Idaho Mar 24, 2009: PacifiCorp Starts Construction On New Energy Gateway Transmission Project May 07, 2008: RMP To Build Three More Wind Energy Projects Feb 12, 2008: PacifiCorp To Begin Work On Wind Farm In Carbon County Feb 10, 2008: PacifiCorp Seeks For New Renewable Resources Oct 09, 2007: PacifiCorp To Develop New Wind Project In Dayton May 30, 2007: PacifiCorp To Build 500 Kilovolt Transmission Lines Through West May 03, 2013: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.2 Billion In Q1 2013 Mar 01, 2013: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $4.9 Billion In 2012 Nov 02, 2012: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.3 Billion In Q3 2012 Aug 03, 2012: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.2 Billion In Q2 2012 May 04, 2012: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.2 Billion In Q1 2012 Feb 27, 2012: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $4.6 Billion In 2011 Nov 04, 2011: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.2 Billion In Q3 2011 Aug 05, 2011: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q2 2011 May 06, 2011: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q1 2011 Feb 28, 2011: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $4.4 Billion In 2010 Nov 05, 2010: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.2 Billion In Q3 2010 Aug 06, 2010: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q2 2010 May 07, 2010: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q1 2010 Mar 01, 2010: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $4.5 Billion In 2009 Nov 06, 2009: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q3 2009 Aug 07, 2009: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1 Billion In Q2 2009 May 08, 2009: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $1.1 Billion In Q1 2009 Feb 27, 2009: PacifiCorp Reports Revenue Of $4.5 Billion In 2008 Aug 21, 2018: SPP’s westward growth continues with administration of congestion-management plan May 07, 2018: Energy regulators want closer look at utilities’ coal plant costs Apr 13, 2018: Wyoming Approval Advances PacifiCorp Wind Expansion Jan 30, 2018: Clean Focus Energizes 3.9 MW Solar Array In Klamath Falls, Oregon Oct 18, 2017: Western EIM benefits remained strong during Q3 2017 Oct 09, 2017: Lengthy Outages Scheduled for Power Line Upgrade: Rocky Mountain Power Oct 02, 2017: Portland General Electric joins western Energy Imbalance Market Sep 28, 2017: PacifiCorp seeks proposals to build new wind projects Sep 14, 2017: Apple's massive Oregon wind farm breaks ground Sep 11, 2017: Lawmakers move to add other states to oversight of California's electric grid Aug 23, 2017: Public Interest Groups Urge CA Senate To Deny Gov's Point Man Confirmation To PUC After He Fired Tough Oil Well Safety Regulators & Weakened Safety Rules Aug 10, 2017: Rocky Mountain Power Subscriber Solar Customers Invited to Leave Their Mark Aug 04, 2017: Deep in the US clean energy market in Sheng 74.5MW photovoltaic power plant Oregon opened Jun 29, 2017: PacifiCorp Advances $3.5 Billion Clean Energy Plan May 18, 2017: Clatsop County and North Coast Cities are Joining Pacific Power's Blue Sky Program May 04, 2017: PacifiCorp plans to upgrade and restart wind turbines in Marengo, US Dec 22, 2016: Energy Department Announces $18 Million Investment to Accelerate the Development of Plug-In Electric Vehicles and Use of Other Alternative Fuels Nov 02, 2016: PacifiCorp performs inspection at Lemolo 1 hydro dam in Oregon Oct 27, 2016: PacifiCorp discovers new leak at Bend hydro facility in Oregon Sep 23, 2016: The Klamath River Renewal Corporation Begins Implementation of Klamath Hydroelectric Settlement Agreement Sep 01, 2016: Craig Station owners, regulators and environmental groups reach agreement on proposed revisions to Colorado regional haze plan Apr 06, 2016: Two New Klamath Basin Agreements Carve out Path for Dam Removal and Provide Key Benefits to Irrigators Mar 31, 2016: PacifiCorp Files Updated Integrated Resource Plan Nov 02, 2015: Sales agreement with Preston area hydro project approved Oct 13, 2015: Western Grid Integration Could Produce Significant Cost Savings, Environmental Benefits Sep 20, 2015: PacifiCorp urges Oregon PUC to modify renewable energy contract terms Jun 10, 2015: PUC approves swap of transmission assets between Idaho Power, PacifiCorp May 08, 2015: Commission sets two public hearings in utilities bid to reduce PURPA contract length May 06, 2015: PacifiCorp Bringing New Solar Facility Online Apr 16, 2015: SCE Supports Potential New Approach to Integrating Additional Renewable Power Onto the Grid Mar 12, 2015: Washington Senate amends bill to study impacts of retiring Colstrip coal plant in Montana, US Nov 04, 2014: BPA challenges PacifiCorp plans for allocation of network transmission rights Nov 03, 2014: California ISO, PacifiCorp Launch First Western Energy Market Sep 17, 2014: Eaton Helps PacifiCorp Reduce Utah Electrical Power Demand and Increase Grid Reliability Sep 15, 2014: ISO, PacifiCorp outline EIM implementation plans for Oct.1 Apr 01, 2014: Scatec Solar Secures Final Approvals to Build 80MW Utah Solar Park Oct 11, 2013: LADWP/PacifiCorp Settlement Agreement Published Jul 24, 2013: Gateway South Transmission Line Map and Routes Available Jul 19, 2013: Sierra Club: EPA Win on Haze Rule Sets Precedent for PacifiCorp’s Coal Fleet Jul 19, 2013: PUC begins review of Idaho Power coal plant upgrade request Jul 03, 2013: FERC Approves implementation for ISO-PacifiCorp Energy Imbalance Market ISO also issues revised Market Design Proposal Jul 02, 2013: South Salt Lake's Columbus Center 'Growing' Solar with Help from Blue Sky May 16, 2013: California ISO Approves Market Design Change To Foster Renewable Energy Development On Grid May 02, 2013: ISO Files Requests With FERC To Approve Implementation Agreement With PacifiCorp Apr 04, 2013: DOI Releases Final Environmental Analysis On Klamath River Dam Removal Mar 20, 2013: California ISO Board Approves EIM Negotiations With PacifiCorp Mar 20, 2013: BPA To Hold Public Meeting On Proposed 115kV Transmission Line And Supporting Infrastructure Project In Idaho Mar 15, 2013: Idaho PUC Opens Case To Consider Options To Possible Rate Case Filed By Rocky Mountain Power Dec 11, 2012: Advanced Energy’s Inverters Power 2 MW Solar Energy Project In Oregon Nov 09, 2012: PacifiCorp’s Black Cap Utility-scale Solar Facility Goes Online Oct 15, 2012: Idaho PUC Denies Petitions From Wind Energy Developers To Reconsider Power Purchase Agreements Aug 23, 2012: Montana PSC Sponsors Energy Transmission Forum Aug 23, 2012: Columbia Biogas To Connect Municipal Food Waste-to-renewable Energy Facility To Grid In Northeast Portland Aug 20, 2012: Rocky Mountain Power Offers New Incentives For Energy Saving Programs In Idaho Jul 25, 2012: Sierra Club And MEIC To Initiate Lawsuit Against Colstrip Coal-fired Power Plant Jun 01, 2012: Seven Idaho Power Rate Adjustments Result In Slight Increase: Idaho PUC May 31, 2012: DHi's Field Test Of Wind Turbine Slip Ring Validates 20-year Brush Service Life Mar 19, 2012: Idaho PUC Sets Oral Argument On Idaho Power PURPA Motion Mar 01, 2012: PacifiCorp Announces Development Of 2 MW Solar Generation Project In Lake County, US Jan 18, 2012: BPA, Idaho Power And PacifiCorp Agree To Continue Exploring Joint Participation In Boardman-to-Hemingway Transmission Line Project Jan 12, 2012: BPA And PGE Continue Discussing Potential Collaboration On Cascade Crossing Transmission Project Dec 30, 2011: Electric Rates To Change In 2012 For PacifiCorp And PGE Customers: Oregon PUC Dec 21, 2011: Idaho PUC Approves Sales Agreements On East Idaho Wind Power Projects Nov 22, 2011: Idaho PUC To Hold Hearings On Rocky Mountain Power’s Rate Case Settlement Jul 27, 2011: Idaho PUC Denies Reconsidering 14 Wind Projects Jul 19, 2011: Shorter-Term Scheduling Boosts Flexibility Of Western Energy Markets: BPA Jun 21, 2011: Idaho PUC Seeks Comments On PacifiCorp's IRP Jun 13, 2011: Northwest Energy Coalition Files Complaint Against BPA For Breaking Contracts Jun 09, 2011: Idaho PUC Begins Processing Of Rocky Mountain Power Rate Case May 27, 2011: Sigurd To Red Butte No. 2 - 345kV Transmission Line Project Draft EIS Available For Public Comment: BLM May 05, 2011: BLM Seeks Public Comment On Proposed Gateway South Transmission Line Project Apr 01, 2011: BLM Seeks Public Input On Proposed Gateway South Transmission Line Project In Wyoming, Colorado And Utah Mar 16, 2011: Idaho PUC Seeks Approval Of Agreement With Jefferson County Biogas Project Mar 02, 2011: Idaho PUC Seeks Comments On PacifiCorp's Application For Sales Agreements With Five Wind Projects In Bingham County Feb 25, 2011: Idaho PUC Outlines Process For Small Wind, Solar Case Feb 07, 2011: Idaho PUC Adjusts Size Cap For Wind, Solar Projects Dec 17, 2010: Oregon PUC Issues One Of Two Pending Decisions On Electricity Rate Case For PacifiCorp Dec 06, 2010: Idaho PUC To Examine Renewable Power Issues Nov 10, 2010: Idaho PUC Schedules Four Hearings In PacifiCorp Rate Case Oct 12, 2010: PacifiCorp Starts Power Generation From Dunlap I Wind Project Oct 11, 2010: Duke Energy Completes Top Of World Windpower Project Near Casper In Wyoming, US May 19, 2010: PacifiCorp's Bear River Hydroelectric Project Achieves LIHI Certification Jan 29, 2010: PacifiCorp Appoints Micheal Dunn As President Jan 28, 2010: IPUC Approves Sales Agreement Between PacifiCorp Dec 14, 2009: Chevron Global Power Announces Opening Of 16.5 MW Wind Farm In Wyoming Dec 01, 2009: Duke Energy Brings Wyoming Wind Power Project On Line Oct 06, 2009: Renewable Energy Systems Commissions Two Wyoming Wind Projects Oct 06, 2009: PacifiCorp Starts Operations On High Plains And McFadden Ridge I Wind Projects In Wyoming Aug 04, 2009: Rocky Mountain Power Starts Maintenance At Soda Hydroelectric Project In Idaho Jun 30, 2009: DOI, Oregon, California And PacifiCorp Agree To Extend Deadline For Final Agreement On Klamath Hydroelectric Project Jun 26, 2009: PacifiCorp Files Planning Document With IPUC For More Renewable Energy Generation Apr 15, 2009: Rocky Mountain Power begins construction of high-voltage transmission lines Jan 25, 2008: PacifiCorp's Wyoming Coal Gasification Project On Hold Oct 03, 2007: PacifiCorp Settles Lawsuit With Multnomah County Jul 18, 2007: PacifiCorp, UAMPS To File Notice Of Lawsuit Over IPP Unit 3 Jul 16, 2007: PacifiCorp Proposes Coal Mine Site To Develop Wind Project In Wyoming Jan 10, 2007: PacifiCorp Appoints Vice President Jan 08, 2007: PacifiCorp Appoints Executive Director Aug 23, 2018: Idaho Power, PacifiCorp choose California ISO for new RC services Jun 29, 2018: Vestas secures 216 MW repowering order from PacifiCorp Feb 20, 2018: Rocky Mountain Power selects projects for major wind power expansion May 20, 2016: UpWind Solutions signs service contract for 1.75 GW of GE 1.5 MW turbines Jul 23, 2013: Apex Clean Energy signs PPAs with PacifiCorp in Utah for 160 MW Mar 21, 2013: EnerNOC Secures Agricultural Demand Response Contract In US Dec 10, 2012: EDF Renewable Services Signs O&M Agreement With PacifiCorp For Three Wind Power Projects Nov 21, 2012: EC Source Secures Contract From PacifiCorp To Construct Sigurd To Red Butte Transmission Line In Utah May 09, 2012: Columbia Biogas Signs 20 Year Power Purchase Agreement With PacifiCorp For Waste-to-energy Plant Nov 09, 2011: enXco Signs O&M Contract With PacifiCorp For Wind Power Projects Jun 20, 2011: Siemens Energy Receives Order To Supply Power Island Equipment To Lake Side 2 Combined Cycle Power Plant In Utah Feb 14, 2011: PacifiCorp Awards Contract To EC Source To Build Mona-Oquirrh Transmission Line In Utah, US Dec 20, 2010: Rocky Mountain Power Awards Blue Sky Program Funds For Nine Solar Energy Projects In Utah, US Jun 23, 2009: B&W PGG To Provide Environmental Control Equipment For Wyoming Power Plant Jan 16, 2009: PacifiCorp Awards Contract To Build Terminal 345-kilovolt Transmission Project Oct 30, 2008: PacifiCorp Awards Construction Contract For New Populus To Terminal Transmission Project Oct 30, 2008: enXco Signs O&M Agreement With PacifiCorp For Six Wind Energy Projects Jul 30, 2008: Tetra Tech Wins Two Wind Energy Projects From PacifiCorp Apr 09, 2008: MidAmerican Energy Selects Nexant To Develop Energy Management Information System Apr 08, 2008: DJ Power Partners Announces Wyoming Power Plant Projects
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- PacifiCorp, Key Facts
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Generation
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Transmission
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Distribution
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Customers
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- PacifiCorp, Operational Metrics, Sales
- PacifiCorp, Wind Farms, United States
- PacifiCorp, Solar PV Parks, United States
- PacifiCorp, Hydro Power Plants, United States
- PacifiCorp, Biopower Plants, United States
- PacifiCorp, Thermal Power Plants, United States
- Major Products and Services
- PacifiCorp, SWOT Analysis
- PacifiCorp, Ratios based on current share price
- PacifiCorp, Annual Ratios
- PacifiCorp, Interim Ratios
- PacifiCorp, Key Employees
- PacifiCorp, Subsidiaries
- PacifiCorp, Deals Summary
- Central Oregon Community College Receives a Grant of USD0.3 Million for Redmond Campus Solar Power Plant in Oregon, US
- PacifiCorp Raises USD600 Million in Public Offering of 4.125% Bonds Due 2049