MediPoint: Partial Knee Replacement - APAC Analysis and Market ForecastsWhat is the current and future Partial knee replacement (PKR) market outlook in the developed and emerging markets? What trends are affecting the APAC market?Which are the key, high growth markets that Partial knee replacement (PKR) manufacturers should expand into?What are the unmet needs with the current generation of Partial knee replacement (PKR) devices? How will emerging technologies fulfill these unmet needs?What are the challenges and complications that have hindered widespread adoption?With developing the next-generation of devices, what aspects of the technology are device manufacturers focused on optimizing? How will new entrants impact the Partial knee replacement (PKR) market?Scope
Asia-Pacific (APAC) Partial knee replacement (PKR) market was estimated at $40+M in 2016 across the seven markets (Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will approximately grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 7.4%. India represented the largest portion of the market in 2016, accounting for almost 24% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period. India is also expected to be the fastest-growing market through 2023, with a CAGR of 13.2%, while the slowest growth will be observed in Japan with a CAGR of 0.7%.
As countries’ economy grows, the volume of partial knee replacement procedures is expected to increase further, primarily due to the demographics of an aging population and a trend towards early surgical intervention in younger patients. In the forecast years, launching and marketing a comprehensive large joint portfolio with a clear value proposition will remain critical to companies’ success as they jockey for market position. A long-term foothold within the global knee market hinges on how well companies can align themselves with the primary market force buffeting healthcare today: the need to deliver top-notch, cost-effective care.
Over the past two decades, there has been increasing interest in Partial knee replacement (PKR) as a means of treating unicompartmental knee osteoarthritis. Indications have expanded while previous contraindications such as age, body mass index, patellofemoral osteoarthritis, and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) deficiency have been lifted. Technological advancements in implant design, fixation methods, and surgical techniques have led to improved survival rates, better patient-reported outcomes, and reduced complications. Interest is growing in robotic-assisted techniques, which are poised to optimize results and reproducibility. Cementless designs also look promising, although given the anatomy of the knee condyles, this might introduce more risks to the overall procedure.
Given the heightened competitive pressures and shrinking reimbursement, the average selling price for Partial knee replacement (PKR) implants is expected to decline. However, it is expected that the revenue from increased procedure volume will make up for this loss.
This report focuses on the market outlook for Partial knee replacement (PKR) devices in Asia-Pacific (APAC: Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, South Korea, and Taiwan). The analysis identifies the key unmet needs in the Partial knee replacement (PKR) market, discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of physicians’ perceptions and the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Key Questions Answered
Reasons to buy
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by region through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, identification of unmet needs, reimbursement considerations, evaluating market access in each region covered in the report, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the global PKR market. Insightful review of industry drivers, barriers, and challenges.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the video laparoscopes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the video laparoscopes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific video laparoscopes market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.
- 1 About the Authors 2
- 1.1 Analyst 2
- 1.1.1 Tobe Madu, MSc, Analyst, Medical Devices 2
- 2 Table of Contents 3
- 2.1 List of Tables 5
- 2.2 List of Figures 5
- 3 Executive Summary 6
- 3.1 Market Dynamics 8
- 3.2 Key Players 8
- 3.3 Future Outlook 9
- 3.4 What Do Physicians Think? 9
- 4 Introduction 11
- 4.1 Catalyst 11
- 4.2 Related Reports 11
- 4.3 Upcoming Related Reports 13
- 5 Market Outlook 14
- 5.1 Procedure Trends 14
- 5.2 Pricing Trends 15
- 5.3 Revenue Trends 16
- 5.4 Company Share Analysis 17
- 6 Market Insights 18
- 6.1 APAC 18
- 6.1.1 Australia and New Zealand 18
- 6.1.2 China and Taiwan 19
- 6.1.3 India 20
- 6.1.4 Japan 21
- 6.1.5 South Korea 22
- 7 Competitive Assessment 23
- 7.1 Overview 23
- 7.1.1 Robotic Technologies 23
- 7.1.2 Generic Implants to Address Cost Concerns 24
- 7.1.3 Advanced Materials 25
- 7.1.4 Emerging Countries 26
- 7.2 DePuy Synthes 27
- 7.2.1 Portfolio Assessment 27
- 7.2.2 Deal Analysis 27
- 7.2.3 Competitive Positioning 28
- 7.3 Stryker 28
- 7.3.1 Portfolio Assessment 28
- 7.3.2 Deal Analysis 29
- 7.3.3 Competitive Positioning 29
- 7.4 Smith & Nephew 30
- 7.4.1 Portfolio Assessment 30
- 7.4.2 Deal Analysis 31
- 7.4.3 Competitive Positioning 31
- 7.5 Zimmer Biomet 32
- 7.5.1 Portfolio Assessment 32
- 7.5.2 Deal Analysis 32
- 7.5.3 Competitive Positioning 32
- 7.6 Other Players 33
- 8 Appendix 34
- 8.1 Bibliography 34
- 8.2 Abbreviations 37
- 8.3 Methodology 39
- 8.3.1 Overview 39
- 8.3.2 Coverage 39
- 8.3.3 Secondary Research 39
- 8.3.4 Forecasting Methodology 40
- 8.3.5 Primary Research Summary 41
- 8.4 About MediPoint 42
- 8.5 About GlobalData 42
- 8.6 Contact Us 42
- 8.7 Disclaimer 43
- List of Tables
- Table 1: PKR Market, Key Metrics, 2016-2023 6
- Table 2: APAC PKR Procedure Volume Forecast, 2014-2023 14
- Table 3: Asia-Pacific PKR Implant Average Selling Price ($) Forecast, 2014-2023 15
- Table 4: Asia-Pacific PKR Market Revenue Forecast ($M), 2014-2023 16
- Table 5: Asia-Pacific PKR Company Share Analysis, 20161 17
- Table 6: DePuy Synthes - Key Marketed Products Assessment 27
- Table 7: DePuy Synthes - Key Clinical Trials 27
- Table 8: Stryker - Key Marketed Products Assessment 28
- Table 9: Stryker - Key Clinical Trials 29
- Table 10: Smith & Nephew - Key Marketed Products Assessment 30
- Table 11: Zimmer Biomet - Key Marketed Products Assessment 32
- Table 12: Summary of Other Players in the PKR Market, 2016 33
- List of Figures
- Figure 1: APAC PKR Market Share Comparison by Country, 2016 and 2023 7