MediPoint: Bone Grafts & Substitutes - Europe Forecast and Market Analysis
Autograft bone is considered the gold-standard treatment, as it confers complete histocompatibility while possessing all three parts of the bone healing triad: osteoconductive, osteoinductive, and osteogenic healing potentials. However, the amount of autograft bone available is often insufficient, and the graft harvesting procedure presents a number of comorbidities including donor site pain and infection. Due to these drawbacks, a soaring demand for alternatives to autograft bone has arisen globally.
Conditions for spontaneous bone healing after trauma or orthopedic surgery are not always ideal. Even with the efficacy of modern internal fixation and spinal fusion techniques, factors such as poor vascularity, malnutrition, and substantial bone or soft tissue loss can impede effective bone growth. As a result, the market for bone grafts and substitutes has emerged and exploded.
European bone grafts and substitutes market was estimated at US$502.9M in 2016 across the 21 markets (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and UK) covered in this report. By the end of the forecast period in 2023, it is estimated that the market will grow to approximately US$616.7M at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 3.0%.
Key drivers of the bone grafts and substitutes market in the forecast period are -
- Growing procedure volume of spinal fusion, trauma fixation, and joint reconstruction due to growing aging and obese populations.
- Companies’ continued efforts on product innovation and line extension to create a comprehensive orthobiologics platform.
- Ongoing research for materials that promote the healing triad: osteoinductivity, osteoconductivity, and osteogenesis.
European bone grafts and substitutes market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 3.0% during the forecast period. Germany represented the largest portion of the market in 2016, holding almost 25.0% of the regional revenue, and is expected to maintain this dominance through the forecast period. Turkey is expected to be the fastest-growing market through 2023, at a CAGR of 7.0%, while the slowest growth will be observed in Portugal at a CAGR of 1.0%.
The market for bone grafts and substitutes is highly populated, with players ranging from small orthobiologics startups to medical device multinationals. Three major players-Medtronic, DePuy Synthes, and Stryker-dominate the global space due to the companies’ far-reaching distribution networks and established presence in complementary markets, including spinal fusion and trauma fixation. Additionally, as hospital purchasing organizations and healthcare providers seek cost-saving measures, the largest players in the bone grafts and substitutes market offer a full portfolio of products to meet all bone graft needs in bundled deals.
The report MediPoint: Bone Grafts & Substitutes - Europe Forecast and Market Analysis, focuses on the market outlook for bone graft and substitute products in Europe (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and UK). The analysis discusses the major drivers and barriers of adoption, and provides an in-depth understanding of the future outlook for this market by segment and geography.
Companies mentioned in this report: DePuy Synthes, Medtronic, Stryker Zimmer Biomet.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Overview of recent key industry events and analysis of their market impact.
- Annualized total market revenue by type of device, procedure trends, and market outlooks by segment and by country through 2023.
- Key topics covered include strategic competitor assessment, market characterization, and implications of the emerging technologies in the market.
- Pipeline analysis: Comprehensive data split across different stages of development, including a discussion of emerging trends and devices in development.
- Analysis of the current and future market competition in the European bone grafts and substitutes market. Insightful review of the key industry drivers, barriers, and challenges. Each trend is independently researched to provide qualitative analysis of its implications.
The report will enable you to -
- Develop and design your in-licensing and out-licensing strategies through a review of marketed products and technologies.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the bone grafts and substitutes market.
- Drive revenues by understanding the key trends, innovative products and technologies, market segments, and companies likely to impact the bone grafts and substitutes market in the future.
- Formulate effective sales and marketing strategies by understanding the competitive landscape and by analyzing the performance of various competitors.
- Identify emerging players with potentially strong product portfolios and create effective counter-strategies to gain a competitive advantage.
- Track device sales in country-specific bone grafts and substitutes market from 2014-2023.
- Organize your sales and marketing efforts by identifying the market categories and segments that present maximum opportunities for consolidations, investments and strategic partnerships.