Indianapolis Power & Light Co - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Transmission Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Distribution Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Customers Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, By Sales Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Wind Farms Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Wind Farms, United States Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Solar PV Parks Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Solar PV Parks, United States Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Thermal Power Plants Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Thermal Power Plants, United States Business Description Business Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Indianapolis Power & Light Co Strengths Power Purchase Agreements Power Distribution Rights Safety Focused Operations Indianapolis Power & Light Co Weaknesses Cost Inefficiency Working Capital Deficit Indianapolis Power & Light Co Opportunities Increase in Demand for Electricity: the US Agreement with City of Indianapolis Government Initiatives Indianapolis Power & Light Co Threats Risks in Wholesale Market Clean Power Plan by EPA Operational Issues Key Employees Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Deals Summary Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Indianapolis Power & Light Invests USD600 Million in Thermal Power Plant in Indiana, US City of Indianapolis, General Energy Solutions, and Indianapolis Power & Light Company Invest US$40 Million In Indianapolis International Airport Solar Farm Recent Developments Indianapolis Power & Light Co - Recent Developments Mar 19, 2018: Simple Energy Strengthens Roster of Utility Partners with Addition of Dayton Power and Light and Indianapolis Power & Light Aug 23, 2017: IPL, City of Indianapolis Announce Partnership for Innovative Street Lights Conversion Plan Jul 19, 2018: IPL reaches settlement in Regulatory Rate Review Jul 11, 2018: IPL opens CCGT natural gas power plant in Indiana, US Jun 07, 2018: IPL offers Ways to Save by using energy wisely in hot weather May 14, 2018: IPL accelerates toward a cleaner energy future with completion of Eagle Valley natural gas plant Feb 16, 2018: IPL to apply federal tax savings to Regulatory Rate Review to lower overall request Feb 05, 2018: IPL and DP&L Restructure as part of AES Global Strategic Transformation Jan 09, 2018: Citizens Delivers Record Amount Of Natural Gas Dec 21, 2017: IPL seeks regulatory rate review to cover cost of meeting customer needs through balanced energy mix Feb 24, 2017: IPL withdraws rate increase request to cover cost of building new natural gas plant Jan 24, 2017: IPL offers five useful resources to help with winter electricity bills Jul 12, 2016: IPL and AES leaders officially open first battery-based energy storage in MISO region Jul 07, 2016: IPL to hold ribbon-cutting ceremony for its new battery-based energy storage facility Jun 27, 2016: IPL requests to install pollution controls at Petersburg generating station in Indiana Jun 16, 2016: IPL commissions battery-based energy storage array in US Jun 01, 2016: Rafael Sanchez named president and CEO of Indianapolis Power & Light Company Apr 15, 2016: IPL continues to reduce carbon footprint with changes to its energy mix Feb 25, 2016: IPL burns coal for the last time at Harding Street Station Feb 24, 2016: IPL announces key new additions and promotions Jul 29, 2015: IPL receives approval for plans to stop burning coal at Harding Street Station Unit #7 Jul 17, 2015: IPL completes restoration efforts after storm caused extensive damage in Central Indiana Jul 08, 2015: IPL breaks ground on first utility scale battery storage project in MISO Jul 07, 2015: IPL energy storage facility groundbreaking and solar celebration Jul 01, 2015: Indianapolis Power & Light develops first grid-scale battery-based storage in MISO system Jun 25, 2015: IPL announces resignation of President and CEO Kelly Huntington Jun 05, 2015: IPL Announces First Utility Scale Battery Storage Project in MISO Mar 26, 2015: IPL underground crews prep downtown network Mar 19, 2015: IPL Downtown Network Restoration Update Dec 29, 2014: IPL files request for rate increase to cover rising cost of providing safe and reliable electricity Dec 18, 2014: IPL customers can save through approved energy efficiency programs Dec 16, 2014: IPL announces new director of community relations Oct 28, 2014: IURC Will hold public meeting regarding August 13, 2014 Indianapolis Power & Light Underground network failure Oct 27, 2014: Expansion Approved for Telamon-Developed IND Solar Farm Oct 16, 2014: IPL announces plans to comply with new wastewater treatment requirements Sep 15, 2014: Melink Partners with Equity Industrial Partners Corp. to Utilize Extra Space For Solar Facility Aug 15, 2014: IPL plans to stop burning coal at Harding Street Generation Station in 2016 Jun 02, 2014: IPL files plan for 2015-2016 Energy Efficiency Programs May 29, 2014: Melink Partners with Rexnord to Utilize Extra Space for Solar Facility May 14, 2014: IPL’s plans to build state-of-the-art natural gas plant move ahead Nov 13, 2013: IPL awards $75,000 to non-profits through Power Grants Program Oct 21, 2013: Largest Airport-Based Solar Farm in North America Commissioned on October 18 at Indianapolis International Airport Oct 14, 2013: General Energy Solutions Project Partner on IND Solar Farm Oct 09, 2013: IPL files support information in case to build state-of-the-art power plant Aug 20, 2013: Cenergy Power - Project Partner on IND Solar Farm Aug 14, 2013: IURC approves IPL plan to upgrade two coal-fired power plants in US Aug 14, 2013: IPL receives approval to modernize its two coal-fired power plants Jul 05, 2013: Carmel Based Telamon Corporation - Project Partner on IND Solar Farm Jun 20, 2013: Indianapolis Airport Authority Reports Construction Of Airport-based Solar Farm Ahead Of Schedule Apr 03, 2013: Sunrise Energy Obtains Approval To Construct Solar PV Plant In US Mar 15, 2013: Indianapolis International Airport Breaks Ground On Solar Farm Mar 04, 2013: IPL To Add More Than 30 Solar Power Projects Jan 28, 2013: IPL To Install Electric Vehicle Charging Stations At Indianapolis City Jan 22, 2013: IPL Plans To Invest $511m In New Environmental Controls At Petersburg And Harding Street Coal-fired Power Plants Jan 11, 2013: OUCC Invites Public Comments On IPL's Proposed Environmental Compliance Construction Project Aug 31, 2012: Morgan County Council Introduces Economic Incentive Package For IPL's New Energy Project In Martinsville Jul 09, 2012: IPL Issues RFP For 600 MW Of Gas-based Capacity And Dispatchable Energy Apr 11, 2012: IHA Installs Monocrystalline Solar Panels At Laurelwood Residential Community Oct 18, 2011: EnXco Announces Operation Of 205.5 MW Lakefield Wind Project In Minnesota Jan 12, 2011: THINK Delivers US-Built Electric Cars To Indiana Utilities Nov 10, 2010: enXco, IPL Start Construction Phase Of 205.5MW Lakefield Wind Project Mar 16, 2010: enXco Puts On Hold Proposed 201MW Lakefield Wind Project In Minnesota Mar 16, 2010: IPL To Terminate PPA With enXco For Lakefield Wind Project In Minnesota Mar 01, 2010: Diverse Group Of Electric Utilities Launch Coalition For Fair Transmission Policy Nov 23, 2009: EDF Energies Nouvelles Commissions 106 MW Hoosier Wind Farm In Indiana, US Sep 30, 2009: enXco Closes Financing On 106 MW Hoosier Wind Project, Benton County, Indiana Apr 17, 2009: IPL And enXco Complete Construction Of 106 MW Hoosier Wind Project In Flower, Indiana Mar 02, 2016: IPL confirms contractor fatality at Eagle Valley construction site Feb 23, 2016: GE to Upgrade Indiana Power Plant with Advanced Wastewater Treatment Technology Mar 17, 2015: Burns & McDonnell to Provide Engineering Design for Indianapolis Power & Light Company Coal-to-Gas Conversion at Harding Street Station Jun 19, 2014: IPL: Engineering, procurement and construction contract awarded for natural gas plant Oct 01, 2013: URS Awarded Contract to Install SBS Injection™ Technology at Indianapolis Power & Lights Petersburg Generating Station Jul 30, 2013: Array Technologies Announces 39 MW of DuraRack in Indiana Jan 30, 2013: IPL To Use Landis+Gyr's Gridstream Solution For Smart Grid Infrastructure Aug 14, 2012: Sunrise Energy Wins Contract To Develop Three New 10 MW Solar Projects In Indiana Sep 23, 2011: IAA Selects ET Energy Solutions To Develop Solar Farm On Indianapolis International Airport Property Sep 01, 2010: IES Announces Contract To Build Substation And Transmission Line At Lakefield Wind Farm In Minnesota Aug 30, 2010: Silver Spring Enters Into Agreement To Build IPL’s Smart Grid Platform In Indianapolis May 17, 2010: enXco Reaches Agreement With IPL To Proceed With 201MW Lakefield Wind Project Jan 05, 2010: IPL Chooses Ecologic Analytics' MDMS Jul 21, 2009: enXco Signs PPA With Indianapolis Power & Light For Wind Power
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Key Facts
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Transmission
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Distribution
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Customers
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Operational Metrics, Sales
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Wind Farms, United States
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Solar PV Parks, United States
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Thermal Power Plants, United States
- Major Products and Services
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, SWOT Analysis
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Key Employees
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Other Locations
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Subsidiaries
- Indianapolis Power & Light Co, Deals Summary
- Indianapolis Power & Light Invests USD600 Million in Thermal Power Plant in Indiana, US
- City of Indianapolis, General Energy Solutions, and Indianapolis Power & Light Company Invest US$40 Million In Indianapolis International Airport Solar Farm