Food & Grocery Retailing in the US, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021
Food & Grocery Retailing in the US, Market Shares, Summary and Forecasts to 2021, provides data for historic and forecast retail sales, and also includes information on the business environment and country risk related to US retail environment. In addition, it analyzes the key consumer trends influencing US food and grocery retail industry.
The US is the largest economy in the world with a population of 323.8 million in 2016. It also has a huge retail industry, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.2% over the forecast period to reach US$4.1 trillion by 2021. Grocery has always been a competitive part of the retail landscape, but competition is now intensifying and is exerting pressure on many established players. The primary source of this dynamic is a renewed focus on low prices, which has come from both consumer demand for value and an increasing array of retailers willing to sell at low margins to gain trade. The expansion of German discounters Lidl and Aldi in the US will lead to even greater competition in the sector.
What else does this report offer?
- In-depth analysis of the latest trends in consumer shopping, covering the factors driving shopping, consumer insights, market dynamics
- The report also details major retailers in Food & Grocery category group with their product proposition analysis and market positioning in 2016 along with recent key developments
- Market insights based on consumer trends, changing economic and demographic factors, technology innovations, and other macroeconomic factors
- Retail sales and the fastest-growing product categories in Food & Grocery sector
- Qualitative and quantitative insights of changing retail dynamics in Food & Grocery sector
Reasons to buy
- The food & grocery sector is dominated by established players such as Walmart, which held a 16% share in 2016
- The online channel is producing the strongest growth and is forecast to grow at CAGR 7.6% in the five years to 2021
- Hypermarkets, supermarkets, and hard discounters dominated food & grocery sector sales in 2016
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on food and grocery sector in the US retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behavior trends in food and grocery category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the food and grocery market
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the food and grocery market
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest-growing categories in the market with insights on the performance of individual product categories, across key channels from 2011, with forecasts until 2021
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in US retail market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge and identify opportunities to improve your market share.
- Key findings
- The state of the nation
- The state of retail
- Food & grocery