Edison SpA - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, By Generation Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, By Customers Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, By Sales Edison SpA, Wind Farms Edison SpA, Wind Farms, Italy Edison SpA, Solar PV Parks Edison SpA, Solar PV Parks, Italy Edison SpA, Hydro Power Plants Edison SpA, Hydro Power Plants, Italy Edison SpA, Biopower Plants Edison SpA, Biopower Plants, Italy Edison SpA, Thermal Power Plants Edison SpA, Thermal Power Plants, Italy Business Description Business Overview Corporate Activities and Other Overview Electric Power Overview Hydrocarbons Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Edison SpA Strengths Organizational Framework: Integrated Structure Diversified Generation Portfolio Working Capital Surplus Edison SpA Weaknesses Business Performance: Hydrocarbons Business Edison SpA Opportunities Increase in Demand for Electricity: Italy Positive Outlook for Solar PV: Global Strategic Acquisitions Edison SpA Threats Seasonal Variations and Climate Conditions Growing Competition Transportation and Storage of Gases Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Edison SpA, Deals Summary Edison SpA, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Edison and QALAA Energy to Invest USD109.2 Million in Abu Qir Combined Cycle Power Plant in Alexandria, Egypt Partnerships Edison Forms Joint Venture with F2i SGR and EDF Energies Nouvelles to Develop Renewable Energy Power Plants Acquisition Fenice Completes Acquisition of Majority Stake in Zephyro from Prima Holdings for USD83.7 Million Edison Acquires Energon Facility Solutions from Energon Esco Edison to Acquire 50.078% Stake in Frendy Energy from Cryn Finance and Milanesio EDF Completes Acquisition Of Additional 18.78% Interest In Edison For US$1.08 Billion Delmi Completes Acquisition Of 50% Stake In Edipower From Edison For US$892 Million Recent Developments Edison SpA - Recent Developments Apr 03, 2018: EGAS To Launch Bid Round For Gas Exploration In 9 Areas In Q2 2018 Mar 06, 2018: Hellenic Petroleum: Bidding For Offshore Lease Block Areas In Western Greece (Ionian) & West And Southwest Crete Jul 10, 2017: Iran Plans 14 Oil And Gas Exploration Tenders May 13, 2016: Greece To Complete Evaluation Of Deep-Sea Oil And Gas Exploration Bids Feb 05, 2016: Greece Receives Bid From Total-Led Consortium For One Offshore Gas Drilling Block Aug 10, 2013: Malta Shortlists Six Bidders For Gas-fired Power Plant At Delimara Apr 17, 2013: Egypt Awards Eight Oil And Gas Exploration Bids In Mediterranean Sea Apr 19, 2012: Iraq Shortlists 47 Bidders To Participate In Next Round Of Auction For Energy Exploration Rights Feb 21, 2011: Montenegro Attracts 15 Companies For Offshore Oil And Gas Concessions Oct 11, 2010: Iraq Shortlists 13 Companies For New Gas Auction Sep 16, 2010: Norway Receives Applications From 41 Companies For APA 2010 Licensing Round Nov 07, 2008: 46 Companies Apply For New Licenses In Norwegian Continental Shelf Oct 31, 2017: Greece Signs Lease For Oil And Gas Exploration In Ionian Sea May 26, 2017: Greece Signs Three Concession Contracts For Hydrocarbon Utilization Dec 06, 2016: Hellenic Petroleum Is Declared Selected Applicant For Block 10, Offshore W.Greece Oct 06, 2015: EGAS Awards Four New Licenses For Oil And Gas Exploration In Mediterranean Sea Jan 14, 2015: Ministry Of Petroleum, Egypt: 6 New Petroleum Agreements With Investments Of $ 485 Million Sep 19, 2014: Egypt signs seven oil and gas exploration deals worth $187m Jan 19, 2011: Edison Wins Three New Licenses In Norway Sep 16, 2009: Norway Receives Applications From 44 Companies For APA 2009 Aug 11, 2009: Iraq Qualifies 45 Companies For Its Second Oil Bidding Round Jan 15, 2009: Edison Wins New Concession In Egypt Apr 20, 2008: Edison To Bid For 100% In Abu Quir Field, Egypt Aug 07, 2018: Edison stops gas exploration in Israel Jun 02, 2017: Gazprom, Depa, And Edison Ink Cooperation Agreement On Southern Route For Russian Gas Supplies To Europe Apr 06, 2016: Government Of Egypt: Discussing Joint Cooperation Agreement With The Italian Company Edison Feb 24, 2016: Gazprom, DEPA, And Edison sign MoU Jun 17, 2010: Edison, Depa And BOTAS Sign Agreement For Transit In Turkey Aug 04, 2009: Po Valley Energy Joint Venture Relinquishes Bernaga Exploration License Application In Italy Jul 14, 2009: Bulgarian Energy, Depa And Edison To Develop IGB Project Jul 08, 2009: Enel, Edison Sign Accords To Boost Renewable Energy, Cut CO2 Emissions Apr 23, 2008: Edison Starts Construction Of First Merchant Line, Between Italy And Switzerland Apr 01, 2008: Edison Signs Agreement With Ecostream To Expand Its PV Business Mar 29, 2008: Edison, Confagricoltura Sign MoU To Develop Biomass Power Plants Jan 09, 2008: Edison Enters Oil/Gas Exploration Deal With NIOC Jul 11, 2007: Hellenic Signs MOA With Edison Sep 16, 2010: RWE Dea Norge Discovers Gas At 6507/7-14 S Well Near Heidrun Field, Norway Apr 01, 2009: Repsol Makes Gas Discovery At M’Sari Akabli Permit In Algeria Mar 31, 2009: Edison Discovers Oil And Gas At Abu Qir Field Offshore Egypt Jan 26, 2009: Repsol Makes Three New Gas Discoveries In Algeria Jul 22, 2008: Eni Discovers Gas In Offshore Sicily Sep 19, 2014: North Energy - Update Concerning Drilling On The Pingvin Prospect In PL 713 In The Barents Sea Jul 13, 2009: PTTEP Updates On SAER Offshore-1X Well In Sidi Abd El Rahman Offshore Block, Egypt Jul 27, 2018: Edison closes H1 with revenues of 4.4 billion euros, EBITDA at 407 million euros and net profit of 62 million euros May 04, 2018: Edison closes Q1 with revenues of 2.6 billion euros, EBITDA at 201 million euros and net profit of 42 million euros Oct 26, 2017: Edison Closes 9 Months With Revenues At 7.2 Billion Euros And EBITDA Showing Strong Growth At 647 Million Euros May 05, 2017: Edison closes q1 with revenues of €2.8 billion and ebitda showing strong growth at €229 million Feb 13, 2017: Edison ends 2016 with revenues of €11 billion, EBITDA of €653 million, in line with forecasts, and a net loss of €389 million Nov 03, 2016: Edison ends the first 9 months with revenues of 8 billion euros, EBITDA significantly up at 489 million euros, net result at -107 million euros Jul 28, 2016: Edison Ends The First Half With Revenues Of 5.5 Billion Euros, EBITDA Up Strongly To 340 Million Euros, Net Result Negative By 67 Million Euros May 10, 2016: Edison Ended The First Quarter With Revenues At 3 Billion Euros, Strong Growth Of EBITDA To 172 Million Euros, Net Loss Of 76 Million Euros Feb 16, 2016: Edison Ends 2015 With Revenues Of 11.3 Billion Euros May 08, 2015: Edison ends the first quarter with revenues of 3.1 billion euros, EBITDA down to 51 million euros Feb 13, 2014: Edison closes 2013 financial statements with revenues of 12.3 billion euro Jul 30, 2013: Edison: 2013 first half results Jul 30, 2012: Edison Reports Revenue Of €6 Billion In H1 2012 Apr 27, 2012: Edison Reports Revenue Of €3.4 Billion In Q1 2012 Apr 24, 2012: Edison Reports Revenue Of €12 Billion In 2011 Nov 23, 2011: Edison Reports Revenue Of €3.2 Billion In Q3 2011 Jul 28, 2011: Edison Reports Revenue Of €3.1 Billion In H1 2011 Oct 26, 2010: Edison Reports Profit Of EUR44 Million For Q3 2010 Jul 27, 2010: Edison Reports Profit Of EUR146 Million For H1 2010 Apr 30, 2010: Edison Reports Profit Of EUR68 Million For Q1 2010 Feb 08, 2010: Edison Reports Net Income Of EUR240 Million For 2009 Oct 30, 2009: Edison Reports Net Income Of EUR81 Million In Q3 2009 Jul 24, 2009: Edison Reports Net Profit Of EUR122 Million In H1 2009 Apr 30, 2009: Edison Reports Net Profit Of EUR35 Million For Q1 2009 Feb 11, 2009: Edison Reports 2008 Results Feb 11, 2009: Edison Declares Dividend Jul 28, 2008: Edison Reports 1H 2008 Results May 13, 2008: Edison Reports Q1 2008 Results Feb 12, 2008: Edison Declares 2007 Results Nov 08, 2007: Edison Declares Q3 2007 Results Jul 27, 2007: Edison Declares H1 2007 Results May 09, 2007: Edison Declares Q1 2007 Results Feb 19, 2007: Edison Reports 2006 Results Jul 31, 2018: FPSO issues force closure of north sea brynhild field Jul 27, 2018: Trump’s plan for US LNG in Europe to face reality check Jun 29, 2018: Bulgaria To Seek EIB Financing For Gas Link With Greece Jun 21, 2018: FT US Prepares For Next Wave Of LNG Exports Chinese Demand Is Soaring May 16, 2018: Wintershall Submits PDO For Nova Oil Field In North Sea Apr 04, 2018: GE’s Advanced Gas Path Upgrades Generate $775 Million in Total Customer Value Annually Mar 20, 2018: Alexey Miller And Italian Ambassador Pasquale Terracciano Discuss Ongoing Efforts To Create Southern Route For Russian Gas Supplies To Europe Mar 13, 2018: Government Of Egypt Discussions With Italian Ambassador In Oil And Gas Domains Mar 09, 2018: Israel Expects Decision On East Med Gas Pipeline To Europe In 2019 Feb 28, 2018: Total, Edison Get Greek Go-Ahead For Oil And Gas Exploration Feb 16, 2018: The New National Energy Strategy 2017 Says Rosignano Regasification Plant Proposed By Edison Is Useless And Harmful Dec 22, 2017: TAP Pipeline On Course For First Gas To Italy In Early 2020 Dec 18, 2017: First Gas Achieved From Algerian Gas Project Reggane Nord Dec 18, 2017: Repsol Starts Production From Reggane Project In Algeria Nov 21, 2017: Egypt To Offer Oil Exploration Bid In Q1 2018 Nov 20, 2017: Project Poseidon: Europe Starts Fight For Russian Gas From Turkish Stream Oct 26, 2017: Signing Ceremony For Hydrocarbon Exploration West Of Corfu To Take Place On Tuesday Oct 23, 2017: Abu Qir Petroleum Plans To Begin Drilling Two Development Wells In Coming Period Oct 23, 2017: Gas Output Of Abu Qir Rise To 66B Cubic Feet In 2016 Oct 17, 2017: New European Company To Acquire Gas From Shah Deniz 2 Oct 09, 2017: Eni Looks To Crete To Further East Mediterranean Exploration Oct 01, 2017: Gassco: Nyhamna Strengthens Norway’s Position As Gas Exporter Sep 07, 2017: Total Expects Greek Parliament Approval For Offshore Exploration - CEO Sep 04, 2017: Turkish Stream Gas Pipeline Reaches Turkey Jul 09, 2017: First Exploratory Drills For Greek Hydrocarbons To Commence In 2018-2019 Jul 06, 2017: RasGas Delivers 500th LNG Cargo To Edison Jul 03, 2017: Greece Minister Stathakis Opens Way For Oil In Ionian Sea Jun 28, 2017: Edison commissions its new Pizzighettone hydroelectric plant: renewable energy for 6000 households Jun 14, 2017: Greece, Israel and Cyprus Pivotal To East Mediterranean Gas Development Jun 09, 2017: Gazprom Plans 2nd Turkish Stream Pipe To Bypass Ukraine Jun 05, 2017: Gazprom Ready To Consider TAP As Alternative For Supplies To Europe Jun 03, 2017: Gazprom And Edison Highlight Progress In Setting Up Southern Route For Russian Gas Supplies To Europe Jun 01, 2017: Gazprom: Alexey Miller And Giorgos Tsipras Note Upward Trend In Russian Gas Exports To Greece May 24, 2017: NIOC Announces Drilling Of Exploratory Well At Sepand Field In Iran On Schedule May 19, 2017: Greece Holds Talks With ExxonMobil And Total On Offshore Drilling Opportunities Apr 03, 2017: Israel - Europe Gas Pipeline Could Be Built By 2025 Mar 22, 2017: Norway Approves PDO For DEA's Dvalin Development Project Mar 20, 2017: RasGas Delivers 500th LNG Cargo To Adriatic Terminal Mar 17, 2017: Ownership Of Norway's Nyhamna Gas Export Plant To Expand Mar 08, 2017: Edison Intends To Construct LNG Bunkering And Storage Facility At Ravenna Harbour Mar 01, 2017: Gazprom: Russian Gas Exports To Greece Still On Rise Feb 01, 2017: Greece Completes Talks With Total-led Consortium For Deep Sea Gas Exploration Dec 13, 2016: Gazprom, DEPA And Edison Are Determining An Optimal Route Of Russian Gas Exports To The South Of Europe Oct 26, 2016: Total, Hellenic Petroleum And Edison Emerge As Preferred Bidders For Offshore Gas Drilling In Greece Oct 03, 2016: DEA Norge Submits PDO To Ministry Of Petroleum And Energy Sep 14, 2016: Gazprom Boosts Natural Gas Exports To France Aug 30, 2016: Gazprom And Edison Discuss Southern Route Of Russian Natural Gas Supplies To Europe Aug 10, 2016: Egypt Gives Consent To Five Oil And Gas Exploration Deals Jun 17, 2016: Gazprom And Edison Address Progress Of Memorandum On Russian Gas Deliveries Across Black Sea To Europe May 08, 2016: Edison: Board Of Directors Appoints Marc Benayoun Chief Executive Officer From January The 1st 2016, Reviews 2015 Outlook And Approves 2016 Budget May 03, 2016: Edison appoints new CEO Mar 22, 2016: Edison: Marc Benayoun Confirmed Chief Executive Officer Mar 16, 2016: Edison: Presented The Candidates For The Renewal Of The Board Of Directors Dec 10, 2015: Bulgaria, Greece Ink Deal To Build Cross-Border Natural Gas Pipeline Dec 08, 2015: Edison: Board of directors appoints Marc Benayoun Chief Executive Officer from january the 1st 2016 Nov 27, 2015: Edison: Positive Conclusion Of The Arbitration With Eni For The Review Of The Price Of The Lybian Long Term Gas Contract Nov 24, 2015: Edison To Complete Seismic Survey Of Area Near Egypt's Zohr Gas Field In December 2015 Oct 26, 2015: Gazprom And Edison Address Cooperation Development Jun 16, 2015: Edison Inaugurates The New Research And Development Centre Jun 12, 2015: Greece And Bulgaria To Sign Cross-Border Gas Pipeline Deal Oct 06, 2014: Italy's Adriatic LNG Terminal To Receive Qatari Cargo Jul 12, 2013: Edison: 500 million euro bank loan agreement Jan 08, 2013: Gassco Announces Submission Of Polarled Gas Pipeline Plan Sep 28, 2012: HEP Shortlists Four Preliminary Bids For Plomin C Thermal Power Plant In Croatia Sep 11, 2012: Edison Announces Positive Conclusion Of Arbitration With Rasgas For Review Of Price Of LNG Contract Jun 04, 2012: Edison Appoints Henri Proglio As Chairman May 25, 2012: Edison CFO Massimiliano Masi Resigns Mar 28, 2012: EBRD Mulls €400m Financing For Kolubara B Lignite-fired Power Plant In Serbia Feb 14, 2012: RWE Dea To Develop Reggane North Gas Fields In Algeria Oct 03, 2011: DEPA And Edison Submit ITGI Bid To Bring Azeri Gas To Europe Jun 29, 2010: Edison Appoints Thomas Piquemal As New Board Member Feb 11, 2010: Edison Announces Series Of Changes At Foro Buonaparte And Research Center Feb 08, 2010: Edison Appoints Henri Proglio As Co-Opted Member Of Board Of Directors Dec 04, 2009: Edison to build power plant in Italy Nov 24, 2009: GE Oil & Gas Powers Offshore Gravity-Based LNG Terminal Oct 19, 2009: Italy Opens Its Second LNG Import Terminal Oct 05, 2009: Edison Opens New Power Line Between Italy And Switzerland Sep 05, 2009: Edison To Invest EUR4 Billion In Domestic Nuclear Power Plants Aug 10, 2009: Exxon Mobil Announces First LNG Cargo At Adriatic Terminal In Italy Aug 04, 2009: Edison To Receive First Cargo Of LNG From Qatar May 27, 2009: Edison Secures EUR600 Million Loan Agreement From International Banks Feb 04, 2009: BG Group, Petronas And Edison To Invest $2.1 Billion On Gas Exploration In Egypt Sep 18, 2008: Concentrix Solar Sucessfully Installs Demo Systems In Altomonte, Italy Jul 23, 2008: Sicily Refuses Eni And Edison Plans To Develop Two Oil And Gas Fields Jun 25, 2008: Edipower Announces Management Changes Jun 11, 2008: Edison: IGI Poseidon Sa, The Company That Will Realize The Italy-Greece Natural Gas Pipeline, Is Born May 13, 2008: Edison Appoints Directors Of Board Committees Feb 15, 2008: Edison To Spend EUR11 Million To Build 3 MW Solar PV Plant In Sicily Jan 28, 2008: Edison Appoints Chief Information Technology Officer Sep 07, 2018: Venture Global LNG enters into LNG Sales and Purchase Agreement with Repsol for 1 Million Tonnes Per Year Jun 26, 2018: PGNiG And Venture Global LNG Sign Agreement For Sales And Purchase Of LNG From USA May 21, 2018: Venture Global LNG Enters Into LNG Sales And Purchase Agreement With BP For 2 Million Tonnes Per Year May 02, 2018: Venture Global LNG Enters Into LNG Sales And Purchase Agreement With Galp For 1 Million Tonnes Per Year Sep 27, 2017: Edison: Agreement With Venture Global For Purchase Of 1 Million Tons Per Year Of LNG Produced In USA Mar 07, 2017: RINA Signs New Contract With Abu Qir Petroleum Jan 06, 2017: EGAS And Edison Sign $86Mn Oil And Gas Deal Dec 01, 2016: GT Announces New Contract For Edison In Egypt Jun 23, 2016: Edison-ENI: Agreement For Libyan Long Term Gas Contract Jul 23, 2015: Edison signs joint development agreement with QALAA to build a combined cycle power plant in Abu Qir May 16, 2014: Petrofac Awarded US$970m Reggane North Development Project Jan 06, 2014: Hydro Energia wins equipment supply contract for Fontanamora hydro project in Italy Mar 16, 2012: Edison And Edipower Sign Contract For Supply Of Natural Gas Sep 14, 2010: Vestas Receives 54MW Wind Power Order In Italy Jan 21, 2009: Edipower Selects GE Energy's Technology To Comply With New Emissions Requirements Jul 28, 2008: Edison Receives Contract To Develop Gas Field In Egypt Jul 01, 2008: Wood Group Wins $3 Million Gas Turbine Repair Contracts With Edison In Italy Jun 04, 2008: GE Energy Signs Seven Gas Turbine Projects In Italy Totaling Nearly $250 Million Jan 16, 2008: Edison To Sign Contract With Petropars For Development Of SP Phase 12 Dec 04, 2007: Edison To Supply Energy To Public Administrations
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Edison SpA, Key Facts
- Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, Generation
- Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, Customers
- Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Edison SpA, Operational Metrics, Sales
- Edison SpA, Wind Farms, Italy
- Edison SpA, Solar PV Parks, Italy
- Edison SpA, Hydro Power Plants, Italy
- Edison SpA, Biopower Plants, Italy
- Edison SpA, Thermal Power Plants, Italy
- Major Products and Services
- Edison SpA, SWOT Analysis
- Edison SpA, Ratios based on current share price
- Edison SpA, Annual Ratios
- Edison SpA, Interim Ratios
- Edison SpA, Key Employees
- Edison SpA, Other Locations
- Edison SpA, Subsidiaries
- Edison SpA, Deals Summary
- Edison and QALAA Energy to Invest USD109.2 Million in Abu Qir Combined Cycle Power Plant in Alexandria, Egypt
- Edison Forms Joint Venture with F2i SGR and EDF Energies Nouvelles to Develop Renewable Energy Power Plants
- Fenice Completes Acquisition of Majority Stake in Zephyro from Prima Holdings for USD83.7 Million
- Edison Acquires Energon Facility Solutions from Energon Esco
- Edison to Acquire 50.078% Stake in Frendy Energy from Cryn Finance and Milanesio
- EDF Completes Acquisition Of Additional 18.78% Interest In Edison For US$1.08 Billion
- Delmi Completes Acquisition Of 50% Stake In Edipower From Edison For US$892 Million