Drax Group Plc - Power Plants and SWOT Analysis, 2018 Update
The report contains a detailed description of the power generation company’s business operations, history, corporate strategy, and business structure. This report contains a detailed SWOT analysis, information on key employees (executives), and major products and services.
- Major Power Plants (assets) - summarized and detailed information about the power plants (assets).
- Operational Metrics (capacity, generation, revenue, sales, number of consumers).
- Business description - A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy - GlobalData’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT analysis - A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history - Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services - A list of major products, services and brands
- Key employees - A list of the key executives and personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Executive biographies - A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Financial deals - Coverage of key financial deals from 2006 onwards, depending upon information availability
- Important locations and subsidiaries - A list of key locations and subsidiaries of the company, including contact details.
Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company.Reasons to buy
- Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research purposes. Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and major products and services are incorporated in the profile to assist in various business decisions (M&A and JV).
- Identify potential customers and suppliers with this report’s analysis of the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services and business strategy.
- Understand and respond to competitors’ business structure and strategies with GlobalData’s detailed SWOT analysis. In this, the company’s core strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats are analyzed, providing an up to date objective view of the company.
- Company Snapshot Key Information Company Overview SWOT Snapshot Operational Metrics Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, By Capacity Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, By Segmental Information Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, By Sales Drax Group Plc, Wind Farms Drax Group Plc, Wind Farms, United Kingdom Drax Group Plc, Biopower Plants Drax Group Plc, Biopower Plants, United Kingdom Drax Group Plc, Thermal Power Plants Drax Group Plc, Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom Business Description Business Overview B2B Energy Supply Overview Pellet Production Overview Power Generation Overview Major Products and Services History SWOT Analysis Overview Drax Group Plc Strengths B2B Energy Supply Segment Market Leadership Drax Group Plc Weaknesses Decline in Operational Performance Drax Group Plc Opportunities Favorable Renewable Policies: European Union Positive Outlook for Biopower: the UK Strategic Acquisitions Expansion Initiatives Drax Group Plc Threats Risks in Wholesale Market Raw Material Cost Fluctuation Environmental Laws and Regulations Financial Ratios - Capital Market Ratios Financial Ratios - Annual Ratios Financial Ratios - Interim Ratios Key Employees Key Employee Biographies Company Statement Locations And Subsidiaries Head Office Other Locations & Subsidiaries Financial Deals Landscape Drax Group Plc, Deals Summary Drax Group Plc, Power, Deal Details Asset Transactions Drax Group Acquires Four OCGT Power Development Projects in UK from Watt Power Equity Offering Drax Announces Private Placement Of Shares For US$287.8 Million Drax Group Completes Private Placement Of Shares For US$303.2 Million Debt Offering Drax Raises USD448.2 Million in Public Offering of 4.25% Notes Due 2022 Drax Group Raises USD256 Million in Private Placement of Notes Due 2022 Drax Group Raises USD300 Million in Private Placement of 6.625% Notes Due 2025 Acquisition Woodford Investment Management Sells 4.89% Stake in Drax Group Aggregated Micro Power to Acquire Billington Bioenergy from Drax Smart Supply for USD2.6 Million Drax Group Completes Acquisition of Opus Energy for USD431.9 Million Recent Developments Drax Group Plc - Recent Developments Apr 09, 2018: UK’s biggest power station signs up to Powering Past Coal Alliance Feb 23, 2016: Drax looks to shut down coal-fired stations due to low gas prices Jul 09, 2015: New milestone reached in biomass supply chain Sep 26, 2012: Drax Plans To Partially Convert Coal-fired Power Plant To Biomass-Fueled In UK Jul 24, 2018: Half year results for the six months ended 30 June 2018: Drax Group PLC Feb 27, 2018: Drax Group plc: Full year results for the twelve months ended 31 December 2017 Jul 19, 2017: Drax Group PLC: Half-year Report Feb 16, 2017: Drax Group PLC: Preliminary Results For The Twelve Months Ended 31 December 2016 Jul 26, 2016: Drax Group plc: Half Year Results for the six months ended 30 June 2016 Feb 23, 2016: Drax Group preliminary results for the twelve months ended 31 December 2015 Jul 28, 2015: Drax Group plc: Half year results for the six months ended 30 June 2015 Feb 24, 2015: Drax Group Plc: Preliminary Results For The Year Ended 31 December 2014 Nov 05, 2014: Drax Group PLC Interim Management Statement Jul 29, 2014: Drax Group: Half Year Results For The Six Months Ended 30 June 2014 May 09, 2014: Drax Group Announces Interim Management Statement May 09, 2014: DRAX GROUP PLC Interim Management Statement Feb 18, 2014: Preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013 Jul 30, 2013: Drax half year results for the six months ended 30 June 2013 Feb 19, 2013: Drax Reports Revenue Of £1.8 Billion In 2012 Feb 22, 2010: Drax Reports Total Revenues Of GBP1.5 Billion In 2009 Aug 04, 2008: Drax Reports Revenues Of GBP801.8 Million For H1 2008 Sep 06, 2007: Drax Declares H1 2007 Results Aug 10, 2018: Drax could help keep the fizz in the drinks sector Jul 12, 2018: Increasing diversity and inclusion in energy Jul 05, 2018: New Drax Trains: Powering the Northern Powerhouse Jun 20, 2018: Drax Group Names Grainger CFO Vanessa Simms As Non-Executive Director Jun 06, 2018: Drax moves closer to coal-free future with unit four conversion Apr 20, 2018: Drax plans to cut cost of biomass electricity by a third Feb 21, 2018: Britain now produces enough renewable electricity to power the entire country 60 years ago Jan 17, 2018: Fourth Biomass Unit Conversion: DRAX GROUP PLC Dec 20, 2017: Biomass Outage at Drax Power Station Dec 12, 2017: Trading Update Drax Group Plc Nov 15, 2017: Appointment of new non-executive director - Drax Group plc Oct 27, 2017: DRAX GROUP PLC: Appointment of Interim Chief Financial Officer Oct 18, 2017: Drax generates £1.7bn and supports over 18,500 jobs in the UK Oct 09, 2017: Drax collaborates with academics to meet the UK’s changing energy needs Sep 21, 2017: Will Gardiner to succeed Dorothy Thompson as Chief Executive of Drax Group Sep 21, 2017: Will Gardiner, Chief Financial Officer, Drax Group Sep 13, 2017: Drax starts planning process for battery storage and gas options on site Sep 01, 2017: UK Power Group Set to Phase Out Coal Aug 25, 2017: Renewable energy contributes 25 percent of UK's power during second quarter of 2017 Jul 20, 2017: Britcon delivers for UK's largest Power Station Jul 19, 2017: Drax Group plc: appointment of new non-executive director Jun 15, 2017: DRAX GROUP PLC: Capital Markets Event and Trading Update Jun 15, 2017: UK’s Drax to convert coal-fired power units into gas-based units May 11, 2017: Drax Group: Seasonal deployment - powering the clean energy revolution whatever the weather Mar 23, 2017: Drax Group plc: Notice of Change to Director Details Mar 02, 2017: Drax Optimizes UK Renewable Fuel Supply with Quintiq Feb 09, 2017: Power sector’s carbon emissions at 60-year low as coal generation falls dramatically Dec 19, 2016: Drax given green light to complete biomass upgrade, saving 12 million tonnes of carbon every year Sep 13, 2016: Drax generates £34m and 550 jobs for Wales economy Sep 07, 2016: Drax generates £1.2bn and over 14,000 jobs for the economy says new report from Oxford Economics Aug 23, 2016: Ofgem decision on National Grid’s request to recoup spending on power station contracts Jun 08, 2016: Ofgem consults on request from National Grid to recoup spending on power station contracts Feb 29, 2016: Drax Group: Directorate Change Feb 16, 2016: Consumers could save £2 billion if green light given for reform of energy generation auctions Jan 26, 2016: Drax CfD - Further Details of EC Formal Investigation Nov 24, 2015: Drax Group plc: Trading Update Nov 16, 2015: Capula successfully commissions first soot blower control system at Drax Nov 11, 2015: Drax Group plc: Directorate Changes Sep 25, 2015: Drax announces plan to end further investment in White Rose Carbon Capture & Storage project Sep 02, 2015: Infinis And Drax Announce Initiate proceedings for a judicial review of the notice period for the removal of the Climate Change Levy Jul 08, 2015: Drax Group: Climate Change Levy Announcement Jul 06, 2015: Drax Group plc: Directorate Change Jun 17, 2015: Drax to save 20 millionth tonne of carbon through use of sustainable biomass May 13, 2015: Drax promotes strategy director to chief executive at power generator in group shake-up Apr 29, 2015: Drax Group plc: Directorate Change Mar 25, 2015: Drax Biomass appoints Peter Madden as U.S. CEO Dec 04, 2014: Official opening of biomass terminal at Port of Hull signals start of City’s renewables revolution Sep 24, 2014: Drax Group plc Directorate Change Jul 23, 2014: Drax Group: Legal Challenge Update Jul 14, 2014: DRAX Group Plc: Legal Challenge Judgment Apr 23, 2014: Drax Group: Unit Eligibility Update For Early CFDs Feb 25, 2014: Drax Group PLC Announces Directorate Change Dec 04, 2013: Two Drax Biomass Units Eligible for Early CFDs CFD Strike Prices Confirmed May 08, 2013: FCC Environment Harvests First Landfill Biomass Crop Apr 24, 2013: Drax Agrees £75m Amortizing Loan Facility Dec 20, 2012: Drax Secures Financing For Biomass Mar 12, 2012: Drax Group Cancels Its Plans To Construct 300 MW Biomass Plant In Selby, UK Feb 21, 2012: Drax Announces Strategic Capital Investment Plan For 2012 Aug 30, 2011: Drax Appoints Paul Taylor As Executive Director Jun 28, 2010: Drax's Board Appoints Tony Thorne As Non Executive Director Feb 19, 2010: Drax Drops Its Plans To Substitute Coal-Fuel With Other Renewable Fuels At Drax Power Plant Dec 18, 2009: Drax’s Independent Non-Executive Director Jamie Dundas To Step Down Nov 03, 2008: Drax Appoints Non Executive Director Dec 09, 2016: Drax Group plc: Capacity Market Contracts Apr 01, 2016: Drax Group plc: Ancillary Services Contract Jul 31, 2015: ESG Helps Drax Fuel a Cleaner Future Jun 08, 2015: Doosan Babcock wins multimillion pound contract to make major power plant greener Apr 08, 2015: DB Schenker Rail UK wins contract to deliver coal to Drax Power Station Jan 06, 2015: Drax appoints Capula for new soot blower control system Mar 06, 2013: Siemens Wins Contract To Upgrade Three Drax Power Station’s Intermediate Pressure Turbines In Newcastle, UK Jan 26, 2009: E.ON And Drax Gets Agreement To Connect Biomass Stations
- Appendix Report Scope GlobalData Coverage Benchmarking GlobalData’s Methodology Secondary Research Primary Research Contact Us Disclaimer
- List of Tables
- Drax Group Plc, Key Facts
- Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, Capacity
- Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, Segmental Information
- Drax Group Plc, Operational Metrics, Sales
- Drax Group Plc, Wind Farms, United Kingdom
- Drax Group Plc, Biopower Plants, United Kingdom
- Drax Group Plc, Thermal Power Plants, United Kingdom
- Major Products and Services
- Drax Group Plc, SWOT Analysis
- Drax Group Plc, Ratios based on current share price
- Drax Group Plc, Annual Ratios
- Drax Group Plc, Interim Ratios
- Drax Group Plc, Key Employees
- Drax Group Plc, Subsidiaries
- Drax Group Plc, Deals Summary
- Drax Group Acquires Four OCGT Power Development Projects in UK from Watt Power
- Drax Announces Private Placement Of Shares For US$287.8 Million
- Drax Group Completes Private Placement Of Shares For US$303.2 Million
- Drax Raises USD448.2 Million in Public Offering of 4.25% Notes Due 2022
- Drax Group Raises USD256 Million in Private Placement of Notes Due 2022
- Drax Group Raises USD300 Million in Private Placement of 6.625% Notes Due 2025
- Woodford Investment Management Sells 4.89% Stake in Drax Group
- Aggregated Micro Power to Acquire Billington Bioenergy from Drax Smart Supply for USD2.6 Million
- Drax Group Completes Acquisition of Opus Energy for USD431.9 Million