Digitalization in the Medical Devices Sector - Thematic Research
The term digitalization refers to the process of converting analog data into a digital format. Finding the best way to harness the power of digitalization is essential for any organization. It can boost productivity, efficiency, and innovation.
While most industries have embraced digitalization, the medical devices industry has lagged behind due to cybersecurity concerns, tight regulations, and added complexities specific to this industry. However, digitalized medical devices have become more and more prevalent in the past few years, and GlobalData predicts that this trend will continue and accelerate in the next 10 years.
This report focuses on digitalization in the medical devices industry, especially the medical devices that have efficiently incorporated digitalization into their business as well the software and cloud providers that are set to gain from this.
This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise of digitalization within the medical devices sector.
Components of the report include -
Reasons to Buy
- Key Players - identify big players involved in the digitalization of the medical devices industry.
- Trends - identify key trends in the medical devices industry addressed by digitalization. These are classified into technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Industry Analysis - identify the impact of digitalization across major medical device markets.
- Value Chain - identify the various business segments and markets related to the use of digitalization.
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of the impact of digitalization in the medical devices industry.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the primary ways in which digitalization is changing the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry’s major players in digitalization and where they sit in the value chain.
- Identify emerging industry trends in digitalization to gain a competitive advantage.
- Table Figure 1: Who are the big players in the Digitalization in the Medical Devices Sector
- Table Trends
- Macroeconomic trends
- Table Macroeconomic trends
- Regulatory Trends
- Industry Analysis
- Table Figure 2: Percentage of the Population with Smart Watch Ownership
- Table Figure 3: Market Share of Wearable Tech Companies in 2018
- Table Figure 4: Healthcare Data Breaches, 2015-2019
- IT Services and Software for Digitalization
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Table Mergers and Acquisitions
- Table Figure 5: Digitalization and the Medical Device Sector Story
- Value chain
- Table Figure 6: Medical Devices Industry Value Chain
- Companies section
- Public Companies
- Private companies
- Further reading
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 7: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us
- Client Services