Digital Landscape: HIVThe report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs.The geographic scope of the report is the United States, EUCAN (Canada and the 5EU countries - UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain).
Digital Landscape: HIV, analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma industry in support of therapies for the treatment of HIV.
Key HighlightsUS Patients: US patient landscape is dominated by Gilead, ViiV and Janssen, with Gilead providing the most complete HIV digital offering. Gilead and ViiV provide the best unbranded support. Lack of pharma-sponsored social media initiatives that provide patients with a sense of community.Limited HIV mobile app support in the US from pharma, with Gilead providing the only HIV-specific offerings for patients.US HCPs: Many feature-rich brand sites available for US HCPs. ViiV and Gilead provide unbranded sites aimed at improving patient communication and care. Opportunities exist for the development or sponsorship of HIV-specific apps for US HCPs, that support patient management and treatment decisions.EUCAN Patients: Branded support only detected in Canada from ViiV and Gilead. Janssen provides the most local-language unbranded offerings across the 5EU, but no unbranded support detected from pharma in Canada. New unbranded activity seen from Gilead, ViiV and Janssen in 2017. Janssen provides the only examples of unbranded Facebook pages for HIV patients in EUCAN, which support its unbranded campaigns. ViiV’s corporate Twitter accounts engage stakeholders through posting disease-specific content.EUCAN HCPs: ViiV Exchange is one of the strongest branded offerings across EUCAN, with local-language sites available. However, limited unbranded support exists for EUCAN HCPs in HIV. Mobile app support is sparse. Opportunity exists to develop or sponsor an app to assist with treatment decisions and patient management.Scope
Reasons to buy
- This report analyzes digital activities undertaken by pharma in support of therapies for the treatment of HIV.
- The report includes digital activities directed towards patients and/or HCPs, including branded websites, unbranded disease awareness initiatives, social media and mobile apps.
- The report is based on analysis conducted by a combination of GlobalData’s digital and disease-specific teams. It also includes analysis of data licensed from third parties e.g. website traffic, search engine optimization (SEO), digital display advertising, mobile app downloads, and social media interaction.
- The geographic scope of the report is the United States, Canada and the 5EU (UK, Germany, France, Italy & Spain), with EUCAN used as an abbreviation for Europe and Canada throughout.
- This report covers the research period from January 2017 - December 2017.
Our Digital Landscape report provides an analysis of pharma multichannel activity in the digital HIV space, and can assist our pharma clients derive value in a number of ways -
- Competitive Intelligence: Track and compare key competitor activity across channels and identify key trends in HIV
- Digital Strategy: Strengthen corporate digital excellence, learn from industry best practice, and identify opportunities for novel digital campaigns
- Support new brand launch: See best practice examples of pre- and post-launch digital activities, ascertain must-have digital assets for patient and HCP engagement, and assess potential gaps and opportunities for pipeline brands
- Business Development & Licensing: Assess topics and trends shaping digital health in HIV and beyond, and learn about key patient and physician online activities in HIV.
- Executive Summary
- Recent Developments
- Landscape & Analysis
- ›US: Patient-directed Activities
- ›US HCP-directed Activities
- ›EUCAN Patient-directed Activities
- ›EUCAN HCP-directed Activities