Country Profile: Wine Sector in Spain
Spanish Wine sector accounted for a volume share of 3.9% of the global market and 7.9% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.6% during 2016-2021.The improving economic scenario in the country, and rise in tourism are aiding the growth of the Wine sector in Spain. Per capita consumption stood at 25 liters compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 6.2 liters and 35.6 liters, respectively, in 2016.
Still Wine was the largest with value sales of €7,566.8 Million (US$8,365.5 Million)in 2016,while Sparkling Wine market is expected to grow the fastest at a CAGR of 0.69% during 2016-2021,compared to Still Wine and Fortified Wine.
On-trade transactions were the leading distribution channel in the Spanish Wine sector, accounting for a total volume share of 37.1% in 2016. It was followed by Food & Drinks Specialists with a 29.9% volume share, while Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for a 19.7% share in the same year. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Spanish Wine sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 84.4%, followed by Paper Board and Rigid Plastics, with shares of 15.2% and 0.4% respectively.
The top five brands in the Spanish Wine sector accounted for a 12.4% volume share in 2016. Private labels accounted for 12.1% volume share in the same year. The consumption of Wine was higher among the male population in 2016 compared to females. Consumption of Spirits was also high among Spanish consumers who received Tertiary education in the same year. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Mid-Lifers together accounted for a 72.4% share, in 2016.
The report Country Profile: Wine Sector in Spain provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021.
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Fortified Wine, Sparkling Wine and Still Wine with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021.
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016.
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, and others.
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Rigid Plastics, Paper & Board, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle, Stand Up Pouch, Bag-In-Box, Carton-Liquid and Can.
Bacardi Limited,Bodegas Barbadillo Sl,Bodegas Hidalgo La Gitana Sa,Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.,El Guiso S.L,Emilio Miro Salvat Sa,Gamas Lustau,Gonzalez Byass S.A.,La Guita,Solar Unzola,Turbio,Vinhos Messias, Sa,groupo osborne sa,w & j graham port co,Cavas Del Castillo De Perelada,Codorníu, S.A.,Delapierre,Freixenet (Dws) Ltd,Henkel AG & Co KGaA,J. García Carrión, S.A.,Juve & Camps Sa,LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis VuittonScope
Reasons to buy
- The Spanish Wine sector accounted for a volume share of 7.9% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016.
- Of the three markets, Still Wine was the largest market, while Sparkling Wine is expected to grow the fastest during 2016-2021.
- The top five brands in the Spanish Wine sector accounted for a 12.4% volume share in 2016
- On-trade transactions were the leading distribution channel in the Spanish Wine sector
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Spanish Wine sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Wine consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.