Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Spain
Spanish Spirits sector accounted for a volume share of 0.9% of the global market and 11.3% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 0.1% during 2016-2021. The recovering Spanish economy and gradual decline in the unemployment rate are causing the slow growth of the sector. Per capita consumption stood at 5.73 liters compared to the global and Western Europe levels of 6.37 liters and 5.71 liters, in volume terms, respectively, in 2016.
Rum was the largest with value sales of €2,897.5 Million (US$3,203.3 Million) in 2016. Tequila & Mezcal is expected to grow the fastest during 2016-2021 at a CAGR of 1.6% compared to Rum (0.4%), Liqueurs (0.5%), Brandy and Specialty Spirits.
Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest volume share of 35.6% in the distribution of Spirits. It was followed by On-trade transactions and Food & Drinks Specialists with shares of 33.3% and 24.5%, respectively, in the same year. Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Spanish Spirits sector. In 2016, it accounted for a volume share of 99.3%, followed by Rigid Plastics and Rigid Metal with shares of 0.6% and 0.1% respectively.
Consumption of Spirits was higher among the male population in 2016 compared to females. Consumption of Spirits was also high among Spanish consumers who received Tertiary education in the same year. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Consumers and Pre-Mid Lifers together accounted for a 52.8% share in 2016.
The top five brands in the Spanish Spirits sector accounted for 16.7% volume share in 2016. Private labels accounted for 4% share by volume in the same year. Beefeater is the leading brand in volume terms.
The report Country Profile: Spirits Sector in Spain provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle.
LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton,Remy Coitreau Group,ALVISA ALCOHOL GROUP, SL,Bodegas Williams & Humbert,Gonzalez Byass S.A.,Miguel Torres Sa,Pernod Ricard SA,Sanchez Romate Hnos.,The Osborne Group,Bacardi Limited,Destilerias Mg S.L,Diageo PLC, UK,G W Archer And Co,Rives Group,SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED.,Teichenne, S.A,William Grant & Sons Ltd.,Fratelli Branca Distillerie Srl,Mast-Jägermeister Se,El Afilador,Melody Liquor,NV Hidalgo de Chinchon Anis Dulce,Baines,Hijos De Francisco ,errano, S.A.,La Navarra,Beveland S.A.,Boccioni-Comercio, Gestao E Servicos, Lda.,Davide Campari-Milano S.p.A.,Destilerías Campeny S.A.,Diego Zamora S.A.,Grupo Caballero,Illva Saronno S.P.A.,LUIS CABALLEROS S.A.,Marie Brizard Wine & Spirits SA,Tilford,Villa Massa,Barceló Export Import, S.R.L,Bardinet S.A.S.Scope
Reasons to buy
- The Spanish Spirits sector accounted for a volume share of 1.3% of the regional (Western Europe) market, in 2016.
- Of the eight markets, Rum was the largest market , while Tequila & Mezcal is expected to grow the fastest during 2016-2021.
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest volume share in the distribution of Spirits.
- The top five brands in the Spanish Spirits sector accounted for 16.7% volume share in 2016
- Beefeater is the leading brand in volume terms.
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Spanish Spirits sector.
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.