Country Profile: Spirits Sector in the Philippines
Philippines Spirits sector accounted for a volume share of 2.25% of the global market and 3.6% of the regional (Asia-Pacific) market, in 2016. The sector is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5.4% during 2016-2021. Rising disposable income supported by robust Filipino economy is driving the growth of the sector. Furthermore, growth in the sector can be attributed to emergence of westernization in the country, which has led to increasing intake of alcohol at bars and pubs. Per capita consumption stood at 8.5 liters compared to the global and Asia-Pacific levels of 6.4 liters and 6.2 liters, respectively, in 2016.
Consumption of Spirits was higher among the male population in 2016 compared to females. Consumption of Spirits was also high among the Philippines consumers who received Tertiary education in the same year. In terms of consumption by age group, Older Young Adults and Early Young Adults together accounted for 55.7% share in 2016. Brandy was the largest by value sales in 2016. Specialty Spirits is expected to have the fastest CAGR compared to Brandy, Gin & Genever (5.5%), Liqueurs, Rum, Tequila & Mezcal (5.9%), Vodka and Whiskey.
Sales through Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the largest volume share of 54.2% in 2016. Food & Drinks Specialists represented the second largest distribution channel followed by On-trade transactions.
Emperador was the largest brand in volume terms with a share of 39.9% in 2016. It was followed by Ginebra and Tanduay, respectively.
The report Country Profile: Spirits Sector in the Philippines, provides insights on high growth markets to target, trends in the usage of packaging materials, category level distribution channel data and market share of brands.
In particular, this report provides the following -
Companies mentioned in this report:
- Market data: Overall market value and volume data with growth analysis for 2011-2021. The overall market value and volume included in the report is split on the basis of On-trade and Off-trade
- Category coverage: Value and growth analysis for Brandy, Gin & Genever, Liqueurs, Rum, Specialty Spirits, Tequila & Mezcal, Vodka, and Whiskey with inputs on individual category share within each market and the change in their market share forecast for 2016-2021
- Leading players: Market share of brands and private labels, including private label growth analysis from 2011-2016
- Distribution data: Percentage of sales within each market through distribution channels such as On-trade, Hypermarkets & Supermarkets, Convenience Stores, Food & Drinks Specialists, eRetailers and others
- Packaging data: Consumption breakdown for package materials and pack types in each market, in terms of percentage share of number of units sold. Package material data for Glass, Flexible Packaging, Rigid Metal and others; pack type data for: Bottle and Stand Up Pouch.
LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton, Bodegas Williams & Humbert, Ginebra San Miguel Inc., SUNTORY HOLDINGS LIMITED., Stock Spirits Group, Emperador Distillers, Inc., Diageo PLC, UK, Canterbury, Robert A Merry & Co Ltd, Shaker Srl, Bacardi Limited, Pernod Ricard SA, Tanduay Distillers, Inc., Destileria Limtuaco & Company, Inc., Grupo Cuervo, Patrón Spirits International Ag, Tequilas Del Señor, S.A De C.V., Asahi Group, Brown-Forman Corporation, Spi Group, Bardinet S.A.S, Clan Murray Ltd, The Benriach Distillery Company LimitedScope
Reasons to buy
- Brandy is the largest market in value and volume terms in the Filipino Spirits sector
- Per capita consumption of Vodka in the Filipino Spirits sector is higher when compared to the regional and global levels
- Hypermarkets & Supermarkets accounted for the leading share in the distribution of Spirits in the Philippines
- Emperador accounts for the leading share in the Filipino Spirits sector
- Glass is the most commonly used package material in the Filipino Spirits sector
- Identify high potential categories and explore further market opportunities based on detailed value and volume analysis
- Existing and new players can analyze key distribution channels to identify and evaluate trends and opportunities
- Gain an understanding of the total competitive landscape based on detailed brand share analysis to plan effective market positioning
- Access the key and most influential consumer trends driving Spirits consumption, and how they influence consumer behavior in the market which will help determine the best audiences to target
- Our team of analysts have placed a significant emphasis on changes expected in the market that will provide a clear picture of the opportunities that can be tapped over the next five years, resulting in revenue expansion
- The packaging analysis report helps manufacturers, in identifying the most commonly used packaging materials in the sector
- Analysis on key macro-economic indicators such as GDP per capita, population (overall and breakdown by age), and consumer price index. It also covers a comparative analysis of political, economic, socio-demographic, and technological indicators (PEST) across 50 countries.