Airlines: Analysis of the impact of COVID-19 for major airlines using the SWOT framework - Company Impact Report - Issue 1
COVID-19, commonly referred to as the Coronavirus, is dominating headlines the world over. The travel & tourism sector is suffering significant disruption and few industries have seen as much disruption as airlines.
- Demand for air travel has dropped markedly and this is reflected in the erratic share price performance for many multinational airlines.
- Using the COVID-19 pandemic as a time to create positive PR or plan on future consolidation implies that many potential opportunities are progressive and will provide long term benefits.
- A mixture of threats such as ‘insolvency’ and ‘longer term change to travel patterns’ highlights that issues can be created internally and externally.
Reasons to Buy
- This report provides insight into what constitute strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for players in the airline industry. It also provides examples of relevant companies for each SWOT element.
- Assess the impact COVID is having on industry players
- Look at the impact coronavirus is having on share prices
- Understand what constitute strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in this industry in the current climate
- Look at real-world examples of company strategies
- Share Price Impact
- SWOT Analysis
- Company Focus - Strengths
- Company Focus - Weaknesses
- Company Focus - Opportunities
- Company Focus - Threats