Lightweighting, one of the key trends witnessed in the automotive industry is expected to introduce transformational changes in the longer run. Lightweighting has garnered increased interest from the entire transportation ecosystem to improve fuel efficiency and reduce carbon emissions. Lightweighting of vehicles is achieved either by introducing design changes or by using advanced multi-materials either in the chassis, powertrain, engine or other interior parts of a vehicle.
Lightweighting can significantly reduce vehicle weight, improve aerodynamics of the car, and enable improvement in the overall performance of vehicle. The technology and innovation report captures noteworthy manufacturing and materials related technological innovations that enable lightweighting of automobile structural elements, chassis, and powertrain. Examples of such technologies include: flexible roll forming, oil fluidic tube hydroforming, 3D printing, self-joining rivets, resistance stir welding and many more.
Key questions answered in the study:
• What is the significance of automotive lightweighting?
• What are the key funding trends and focus areas?
• What are the key emerging materials used for lightweighting?
• What are the manufacturing innovations driving adoption?
• How did the end-users leverage the benefit of automotive lightweighting technologies?
• What are the growth opportunities beyond 2020 for lightweighting in the automotive industry?
Electronic Access - Site License Fulfilled By Publisher
Hard Copy Mail Delivery
Electronic Access - Global site License Fulfilled By Publisher