Psoriasis : Bulletin #3
This edition presents key opinion leader (KOL) views on recent developments in the moderate to severe psoriasis treatment market. Topics covered include: Janssen Biotech announcing new data from two pivotal Phase III studies reporting the efficacy and safety of guselkumab (anti-IL23 monoclonal antibody [mAb]) in the treatment of adults with moderate to severe plaque psoriasis; Sun Pharmaceutical announcing new data from two pivotal Phase III clinical trials of tildrakizumab, an investigational anti-IL23/p19 mAb being evaluated for the treatment of moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis; Eli Lilly announcing new data from the Phase III IXORA-S study; and Merck KGaA and Ablynx reporting positive early-stage results for ALX-0761, a trivalent, bi-specific nanobody that blocks both IL-17A and IL-17F.
- How impressed are KOLs by the efficacy data from the VOYAGE 2 and NAVIGATE studies for guselkumab, and what could this do to support approval and future uptake?
- Do KOLs have any concerns about the design of the VOYAGE 2 and NAVIGATE studies?
- What are the primary advantages of using guselkumab; efficacy, dosing or both?
- Where will guselkumab be used in the psoriasis treatment paradigm, or is it too early to tell?
- What could get in the way of guselkumab’s evolution as the gold-standard treatment for moderate to severe psoriasis?
- How did KOLs react to the data from the reSURFACE 1 and 2 studies for tildrakizumab, and will this data limit or drive uptake as a treatment for psoriasis?
- Do KOLs have any issues with the design of tildrakizumab’s clinical studies, including patient selection and dosing? If so, what could be the potential impact on future uptake?
- Will tildrakizumab’s lack of differentiation limit its uptake, or do KOLs welcome the addition of a ‘softer’ treatment option?
- Where in the treatment paradigm will tildrakizumab be used?
- Does positive data from the IXORA-S study add anything new to ixekizumab’s story, or does it simply cement its position in the treatment paradigm?
- What will be the key reason physicians prescribe ixekizumab over other treatment options: safety, efficacy, patient access or something else?
- Where in the treatment paradigm will ixekizumab be used?
- How did KOLs react to the early stage data for ALX-0761?
Please Note: Due to the brevity and/or nature of the content posted, there is no table of contents available for this report.