Medical Affairs Reputations: Multiple Sclerosis (US) 2018
Close rivalries among US multiple sclerosis medical affairs teams. Will your team come out on top?
In the US, one multiple sclerosis medical affairs teams leads the way in terms of interaction frequency and overall quality of interactions, but there’s room for improvement in other areas. The 100 neurologists we polled provide insights on several medical affairs teams, and opinions are mixed. Improvement in at least one specific area is needed, but are those targeted improvements enough to put your team ahead of the competition?
Discover all the ways you can improve your medical affairs services in Medical Affairs Reputations: Multiple Sclerosis (US). Comparing 11 major multiple sclerosis treatments from Sanofi, Bayer, Biogen, Teva, Novartis, EMD Serono and Roche, this report reveals:
- How neurologists rate your team overall, and on 12 key medical affairs services.
- Which medical affairs services are most important.
- How, and how often neurologists want to meet with your team.
- What you can do to improve your medical affairs services.
That’s actionable information you can use to turn your team into one that doctors rely on.Reasons to PurchaseTop Takeaways
Insight into Medical Affairs Teams for 11 MS Treatments
- All to play for at the top, limited options at the bottom. Only 4 points separate the top brand from a chasing pack of 3 brands in terms of overall quality of interactions, whereas brands at the bottom could struggle to make up ground.
- Information is the #1 priority. The most important medical affairs services all relate to providing information that doctors can use to make better treatment decisions.
- Huge variations in activity. In the past six months, only 1 of the 11 teams interacted with more than 70 percent of doctors surveyed, and the least active teams saw no more than 38 percent of them.
- Doctors want to see teams in-person and not too often. The report reveals how, and how frequently your team should engage, and the relative importance of digital channels to your medical affairs strategy.
- Aubagio (teriflunomide; Sanofi)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Betaseron (interferon beta-1b; Bayer)
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
- Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
- Ocrevus (ocrelizumab; Roche)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Sanofi/Genzyme)
- Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Rebif (interferon beta-1a; EMD Serono)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
- Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
A Competitive View of Your Medical Affairs TeamDeveloped with the help of medical affairs specialists, this report gives you an in-depth comparison of 11 medical affairs teams—answering important questions like:What do physicians need?
Does your medical affairs team deliver?
- How, and how often are they using your medical affairs team?
- What services do they consider most important?
- How often should you contact them? What channels are best?
What needs improvement?
- How memorable are your team’s interactions with doctors?
- How do doctors rank your team for performance and satisfaction in 12 key areas?
- How does your team compare to the competition—in each area, and overall?
Based on Interviews with Practicing Doctors
- Are you delivering the services that are most important to doctors?
- Where do you need to improve?
- How can your team enhance its services?
We surveyed 100 US neurologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world.All respondents:
We conducted the survey between May 3-11, 2018.About FirstWord
- Have been practicing for between 3 and 35 years
- See at least 5 patients a typical month
- Devote at least 50% of their time to direct patient care
- Have interacted with at least one listed product’s medical affairs team in the past 6 months.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.