Medical Affairs Reputations (US) [MS]
Winners and losers: How well is your MS medical affairs team doing?
Which MS drugs are benefiting from the best performing and most supportive medical affairs teams according to the doctors on the receiving end? According to this latest survey, satisfaction levels are adequate but one in five physicians suggest that medical affairs teams could do better at providing specific information. Is ‘satisfactory’ good enough? If not, what more could be done to build stronger relationships?
Use this latest report to understand how well your medical affairs team is currently doing, and how they compare to the rest. Medical Affairs Reputations: MS (US) features 11 leading MS drugs from Biogen, Sanofi, Bayer, Novartis, EMD Serono and Teva.
Find out what more doctors want from your medical affairs team including:
- Which services are most important?
- Preferred contact methods and frequency
- Areas for improvement
- A mix of old and new: Top for overall quality of interaction are teams from two relatively new players and one old favourite – so ‘familiarity and frequency’ can compete with ‘new and exciting’.
- Busy, busy: For most drugs, the majority of physicians surveyed recall hearing from medical affairs in the last six months. But two drugs’ teams haven’t been as busy. Who’s lagging?
- To see, or not to see? Plenty of MS doctors want face-to-face meetings, but 40% also cite two other communication channels they’d appreciate.
- More information please: More than a third of physicians want to know more from medical affairs – more detail, more updates, more relevance.
- One medical affairs team is streets ahead: One drug tops the satisfaction table for 9 out of 12 attributes – a phenomenal performance. Is this your medical affairs team, or a competitor’s?
Insight into 11 MS Drugs
- Aubagio (teriflunomide; Sanofi)
- Avonex (interferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Betaseron (interferon beta-1b; Bayer))
- Copaxone (glatiramer acetate; Teva)
- Gilenya (fingolimod; Novartis)
- Lemtrada (alemtuzumab; Sanofi)
- Plegridy (peginterferon beta-1a; Biogen)
- Rebif (interferon beta-1a; EMD Serono)
- Tecfidera (dimethyl fumarate; Biogen)
- Tysabri (natalizumab; Biogen)
- Zinbryta (daclizumab; AbbVie/Biogen)
A Competitive Assessment of Medical Affairs Teams
Developed with the help of medical affairs specialists, this report compares 10 medical affairs teams and answers key questions such as:
What do doctors need?
- How, and how often are doctors using your medical affairs team?
- What services do they consider most important?
- How often should you contact them? What channels are best?
Does your medical affairs team deliver?
- How memorable are your team’s interactions with doctors?
- How do doctors rank your team for performance and satisfaction in 12 key areas?
- How does your team compare to the competition—in each area, and overall?
What needs improvement?
- Are you delivering the services that are most important to doctors?
- Where do you need to improve?
- How can your team enhance its services?
Based on Expert Knowledge
We surveyed 100 US-based neurologists
- Have been practising for 3+ years
- See at least 5 MS patients in a typical month
- Devote at least 50% of their time to direct patient care
- Have interacted in the last 6 months with a medical affairs professional for at least one of the listed products.
We conducted the survey between 2nd and 9th May 2017.
At FirstWord, we stand behind our reports. If you're not completely satisfied, we’ll refund your money. Guaranteed.
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.