Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (US) 2018
Market barriers affect 14 percent of haemophilia A prescriptions in the US. Is your brand losing out?
Despite market barriers only affecting 14 percent of all haemophilia A prescriptions in the US, certain brands are losing on market share. Is it yours? Find out what’s driving share gains, and what your brand can do to level the playing field in Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (US) .
Based on a survey of 100 haematologists, the report covers 13 major therapies from Shire, Grifols, Bioverativ, CSL Behring, Bayer, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma and Pfizer. Handy graphs and charts reveal which of the 7 different barriers cost your brand the most market share, and which ones help you take the most from competitors.
Interested in the European market?
Reasons to Purchase
Insight into 13 Haemophilia A Treatments
- Barriers affect 14 percent of all prescriptions. Small, perhaps, but brands are still losing out on market share opportunities because of them. Is it cost, formulary issues or some other barrier combinations that cause the most amount of pain?
- Two brands see the biggest share increases. But they’re not so far ahead that other brands can’t catch-up. Is your brand leading, or are you in the chasing pack?
- One brand sees a significant loss. Despite being prescribed by over 50 percent of physicians, one brand loses nearly 1 percent of its market share because of barriers. Why? And can this be prevented?
- Eliminating barriers would close the gap mid-table. Due to the overall barrier impact being 14 percent, changes at the top and bottom of the table won’t be seen if barriers are eliminated; not so mid-table, where changes would be seen.
- Perception is not the problem. Across all 10 brands, awareness and a willingness to use is high. So what could be done to change market shares, and who could benefit the most?
Exploring Market Access Barriers
- Advate (rurioctocog alfa; Shire)
- Adynovate (rurioctocog alfa pegol; Shire)
- Alphanate (factor VIII/von Willebrand factor concentrate; Grifols)
- Eloctate (efmoroctocog alfa; Bioverativ/Sanofi)
- Feiba (Anti-Inhibitor Coagulant Complex; Shire)
- Hemlibra (emicizumab-kxwh; Roche)
- Humate-P (Antihemophilic Factor/von Willebrand Factor Complex [Human]; CSL Behring)
- Helixate FS (octocog alfa; CSL Behring)
- Kovaltry (octocog alfa; Bayer)
- Kogenate FS (octocog alfa; Bayer)
- NovoEight (turoctocog alfa; Novo Nordisk)
- Nuwiq (simoctocog alfa; Octapharma)
- Xyntha (moroctocog alfa; Pfizer)
Market Access Impact: Haemophilia A (US)  explores key issues affecting haemophilia A drug manufacturers. You’ll learn:How barriers affect market access:
How barriers affect your brand:
- What brands do doctors prescribe the most?
- How many prescriptions do barriers affect?
- Which barriers have the biggest impact?
A Report Based on Expert Knowledge
- How many doctors prescribe your brand? How many don’t, but would consider it?
- Why don’t doctors prescribe your brand? What do they prescribe instead?
- Which competing brands does your brand take market share from?
We surveyed 100 US-based medical haematologists, chosen from the largest community of validated physicians in the world. All respondents have:All respondents:
We conducted the survey between May 3-15, 2018.About FirstWord
- Have been practicing for 2+ years
- Prescribed at least one of the listed products
- Seen at least 5 patients with haemophilia A in total in the last month
FirstWord is an innovative industry intelligence leader serving over 240,000 Pharma and MedTech professionals worldwide. FirstWord offers a range of products and services designed to help your company gain a competitive edge by making key business decisions with speed and confidence.
FirstWord Pharma PLUS is a personalised and comprehensive intelligence service delivering up-to-the-minute pharma news, insight, analysis and expert views of importance to your company’s success.
FirstWord Reports deliver timely, need-to-know intelligence about your products, your competitors and your markets. Covering biosimilars, market access, medical affairs, sales & marketing, technology and therapy areas, FirstWord Reports provide expert views and intelligence on the challenges facing pharma today.
- 1. What are market barriers?
- 2. About this report
- 3. About the survey
- 4. Brands included in the survey
- 5. Executive summary