GLOBAL SLEEP APNEA DEVICES MARKET - 2019-2026
The global Sleep Apnea Devices market was worth USD XX billion in 2018 and is forecasted to reach USD XX billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period (2017-2025). Sleep Apnea is a potentially deadly sleep disorder in which breathing stops and starts repeatedly. The main types of sleep apnea are: Obstructive sleep apnea, Central sleep apnea, and Complex sleep apnea syndrome. There are various therapeutic and diagnostic devices in the market for the treatment of sleep apnea.
Global Sleep Apnea Devices– Market Dynamics
Rising prevalence of sleep apnea, medical advancement for diagnosis and treatment of sleep apnea, and rising number of government initiatives towards awareness and treatment of this disorder are some of the key factors driving the growth of the sleep apnea devices market globally.
Rising Prevalence of Sleep Apnea driving the market growth:
According to the Sleep Heart Health Study, 26% of adults have sleep apnea. It has been observed that one in every five adults have mild obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). In the US, around 43 million people suffer from sleep-disordered breathing. Among these 40-70% prevalence for obstructive sleep apnea in patients with heart failure. The number of OSA patients is growing with the elderly population and rising levels of obesity. The incidence of OSA in the general population is approx. 3% to 7% in adult men and 2% to 5% in adult women. Hence, rising incidence of the sleep apnea is boosting the growth of the Sleep Apnea devices market.
However, the high cost of sleep apnea devices, and availability of alternate methods are some of the restraints that are hindering the growth of the market. The diagnosis of sleep apnea is commonly based on sleep history and the results of a polysomnogram which is an overnight sleep study that typically costs about USD 1,000 to USD 3,000.
Global Sleep Apnea Devices Market – Segmentation Analysis
The global market for Sleep Apnea Devices is broadly segmented by product type as – Therapeutic and Diagnostic Devices. The Therapeutic devices segment accounted for the largest market segment which is further segmented into Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV) Devices, Positive Airway Pressure (PAP) Devices, Oxygen Devices, Oral Appliances, and Masks & Accessories. Among these the oral appliances segment is expected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period due to the advantages of oral appliances over other therapies like convenience, enhanced patient comfort, noninvasiveness, and others.
According to the Journal of Sleep Medicine, switching from Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) to Adaptive Servo Ventilation (ASV) improves relative adherence by 22%. Moreover, patients who switched from CPAP to ASV had significantly fewer apneas and hypopneas (breathing stoppages or reductions) during sleep.
*CMS-Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services
The diagnostic devices segment is further segmented into Polysomnography devices (PSG), Pulse Oximeters, Actigraphy Devices. Among these, the polysomnography devices segment accounted for the largest share of the sleep apnea diagnostic devices market.
Further, by end user, the market is segmented into Hospitals & Laboratories and Home Care. The home care segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing preference for home care in sleep apnea diagnosed patients.
Global Sleep Apnea Devices Market – Geographical Analysis
The global Sleep Apnea Devices market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America and ROW. North America is the dominant region in the Sleep Apnea market followed by Europe. North America Sleep Apnea Devices market is leading due to rising focus of market players in the US and Canada, increasing prevalence of sleep-disordered breathing (SDB) in the US, technological advancement in product developments by key players, and rising funds from private and government institutions to promote awareness of sleep apnea.
Europe is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to the increasing usage of noninvasive and painless cardiorespiratory monitors to calculate the oxygen saturation level of arterial blood.
Global Sleep Apnea Devices Market – Competitive Analysis
The market is highly competitive with continuous product and technological developments. The players are also focusing on strategic collaborations, product launches and agreements to expand the geographic footprint and to intensify market competitiveness.
Some of the recent developments contributing to the growth of the global Sleep Apnea Devices market are:
• In Jan 2018, ResMed joined MedTech Europe, to make innovative medical technology and health solutions that are available to people.
• In May 2017, Fisher & Paykel launched the advanced F&P SleepStyle CPAP Device, which is developed for usage in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep specialists and obstructive sleep apnea, or OSA patients.
• In Oct 2017, ResMed presented AirFit N20 Classic nasal mask CPAP treatment in Europe region to provide patients with several options for a stable mask seal with a comfortable night sleep.
Few of the key players in the global Sleep Apnea Devices market include –
• Philips Healthcare
• Cadwell Laboratories Inc.
• Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited
• Natus Medical Incorporated
• Nihon Kohden Corporation
• Invacare Corporation
• BMC Medical Co.Ltd
• The Therapeutic devices segment accounted for the largest market segment. Within this segment, the oral appliances segment is the fastest growing segment due to the rising issues related to positive airway pressure (PAP) devices and advantages of oral appliances over other therapies like convenience, enhanced patient comfort, noninvasiveness, and others.
• North America is leading the global Sleep Apnea Devices market due to rising incidence of Sleep Apnea, increasing awareness towards the sleep disorder, and increasing government initiatives for the treatment of sleep apnea.
• Home care segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing preference for home care in sleep apnea diagnosed patients.
Scope of the Report
The report covers epidemiology analysis, the factors impacting the market, Porter 5 Forces, Market Share Analysis, Product Benchmarking, and company profiles. Sleep Apnea Devices market is segmented based on the type as Therapeutic and Diagnostic Devices. Based on geography the market is segmented into - North America, South America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and RoW.
Why Purchase the Report?
• Visualize the composition of the global Sleep Apnea Devices market across each indication, in terms of type and treatment options, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in global Sleep Apnea Devices market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
• Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of the global Sleep Apnea Devices market.
• PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping in excel for the key products of all major market players
• Equipment Suppliers/ Buyers
• Service Providers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Education & Research Institutes
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook