Asia-Pacific Respiratory Protection Market – Industry Trends and Forecast to 2026
By Type (Tight-Fitting, Loose-Fitting), Filter Type (Particle Filter, Gas/Vapour Filter, Combined Filters), Class (Air-Purifying, Atmosphere-Supplying), Size (Medium, Large, Small), Gas & Vapour Protection Type (Particulates, Chemicals, Acid Gas, Organic Vapour, Others), Equipment (Filtering Device Types (Negative Respirators), Breathing Apparatus (BA) Types (Positive Respirators) and Accessories), Application (Laboratories, Chemical Process, Fit Testing, Welding, Grinding, Sanding, Assembly and Mechanical, Painting, Brazing, Glass Etching, Fertilizing, UV Protection, Others), Vertical (Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Construction, Automotive, Petrochemical/Chemical, Mining, Metal Fabrication, Oil and Gas, Food & Beverage, Wood Working, Paper & Pulp, Defense & Military, Fire Services, Power Generation, Agriculture & Forestry, Textile, Cement Production, Ship Building, Others), Country (China, Japan, South Korea, India, Australia, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Rest of Asia-Pacific)
Respiratory protective equipment is a specific form of personal protective equipment which is used for protecting the individual wearer from inhalation of the hazardous substance in the workplace air. The respiratory protection equipment can be used only where an adequate control of the exposure cannot be obtained by other means, as a last resort in the hierarchy of the control measures such as elimination, engineering controls, substitution, administrative control and PPE.
Many workers wear breathing apparatus or respirators for protecting their health at the workplace. These equipment’s are collectively called as respiratory protective equipment. Respirators help in filtering the air for removing the harmful materials and breathing apparatus offers clean air to the worker for breathing. The respiratory protective equipment if not selected appropriately or worn properly is totally ineffective and can also give the wearer a false sense of the protection.
Asia-Pacific respiratory protection market is segmented into eight notable segments which are type, filter type, class, size, gas & vapour protection type, equipment, application and vertical.
• On the basis of type, the market is segmented into tight-fitting and loose-fitting. The tight-fitting segment is further sub-segmented into qualitative fit testing, quantitative fit testing, conducting fit testing and repeat fit testing.
• On the basis of filter type, the market is segmented into particle filter, gas/vapour filter and combined filters.
• On the basis of class, the market is segmented into air-purifying and atmosphere-supplying.
• On the basis of size, the market is segmented into small, medium and large.
• On the basis of gas & vapour protection type, the market is segmented into acid gas, organic vapour, particulates, chemicals and others. The chemicals segment is further sub-segmented into ammonia, methylammine, hydrogen fluoride, chlorine, sulfur dioxide and others.
• On the basis of equipment, the market is segmented into filtering device types (negative respirators) and breathing apparatus (BA) types (positive respirators) and accessories. The filtering device types (negative respirators) is further sub-segmented into unpowered respirators (air purifying) and powered respirators (air purifying). Unpowered is further sub-segmented into disposable filtering half mask, half mask, full face mask. Powered is further sub-segmented into full face mask, half mask, helmets, hoods, visors.
• On the basis of application, the market is segmented into painting, assembly and mechanical, brazing, fertilizing, fit testing, glass etching, laboratories, chemical process, grinding, welding, UV protection, sanding and others. The chemical process segment is further sub-segmented into clean-up, compounding, dispensing, handling, manufacturing, processing, transfer, splash and others.
• On the basis of vertical, the market is segmented into oil & gas, fire services, automotive, metal fabrication, food & beverage, wood working, paper & pulp, defense & military, petrochemical/chemical, pharmaceutical, construction, healthcare, mining, agriculture & forestry, agriculture & forestry, agriculture & forestry, power generation, ship building, textile and others. All these vertical segments are further sub-segmented into tight-fitting and loose-fitting.
Some of the prominent participants operating in this market are:COSMED srl, GENERAL ELECTRIC, OMRON Corporation, seca, Tanita, Bodystat, RJL SYSTEMS Inc, Hologic Inc., Maltron International Ltd, InBody CO., Ltd, SELVAS Healthcare, Inc., beurer, LAICA S.p.A, AKERN SRL, ImpediMed Ltd and ImpediMed Inc. and others.
• DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
• Johnson Controls
• DRÄGERWERK AG & CO. KGAA
• Delta Plus Group
• Honeywell International Inc.
• Alpha Pro Tech
• ANSELL LTD.
• MSA Safety Incorporated
• uvex group
• Prestige Ameritech
• Aero Pro
• Bio-Medical Devices Intl
• Gentex Corporation
• Globus EMEA FZE
• Ocenco, Incorporated
• ILC Dover
• Polison Corporation
• Venus Safety & Health
• Dynamic Safety International
• Avon Protection (Avon Rubber)
The single user license is non-downloadable and non-printable. Global Site license allows these actions.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook