Angola Autos Report Q2 2016
BMI Industry View
BMI View: The removal of fuel subsides combined with a challenging economic climate will see average
limited growth of 3.3% in vehicle sales over our forecast period 2016-2020.
Table: Table: Key views
Passenger vehicle sales will contract by 15% in 2016.
The removal on fuel subsidies will lead to higher fuel costs and reduced fuel consumption, which will feed into reduced
demand for vehicles.
Further currency devaluations will put upward pressure on inflation and weaken consumer spending.
Interest rate hikes will dampen credit growth and make vehicle financing less attractive.
- BMI Industry View
- Key Views
- Table: Table: Key views
- Industry Forecast
- Industry Forecast Scenario
- Table: Autos Total Market - Historical Data And Forecasts (Angola 2014-2020)
- Latest Developments
- Table: Table: Latest Developments
- Structural Trends
- Industry Risk Reward Index
- Investor Sentiment Still Well Reflected
- Rewards For The Brave
- South Africa Hard To Beat
- Regional Overview
- Table: Sub-Saharan Africa Autos Production Investment
- APDP Reaping Rewards
- Local Supply Chain Developing
- Demographic Forecast
- Table: Population Headline Indicators (Angola 1990-2025)
- Table: Key Population Ratios (Angola 1990-2025)
- Table: Urban/Rural Population & Life Expectancy (Angola 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group (Angola 1990-2025)
- Table: Population By Age Group % (Angola 1990-2025)
- Industry Forecasts
- Sector-Specific Methodology
- Risk/Reward Index Methodology
- Table: Automotive Risk/Reward Index Indicators And Weighting Of Indicators