Cancer Profiling and Pathways: Technologies and Global Markets
Cancer biomarkers have gained significant importance in the drug-development process, and the market is an emerging segment. To gain an understanding of the market dynamics, market size and competitive landscape, a detailed analysis of cancer biomarker market and cancer profiling technologies and new developments is needed. Microarray technologies provide analysis of tens of thousands of molecules for a variety of assays, including drug binding, molecular interactions, enzyme activity and pathway identification. These microarrays, which include DNA microarrays, protein microarrays, tissue microarrays, low complexity microarrays and carbohydrate microarrays, are excellent tools for gene expression profiling, biomarker profiling and diagnostics.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology researchers use microarrays to streamline drug target identification, selection, validation and predictive testing. Rapid growth in the clinical research and diagnostic devices markets holds great potential for applications of microarray technology, including basic research, clinical trials and diagnostic devices. This report examines various microarray platforms and the technologies that are utilized to detect DNA and proteins for the purpose of drug discovery, disease diagnosis and disease monitoring. This report also examines companies that are actively developing and marketing microarray instrumentation or microarray biochips.
The report categorizes the biomarkers and profiling market and provides market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products, key players and competitive outlook. This report will also provide market tables and also provides company profiles.
This report analyzes the cancer profiling and pathways market: technologies market, tools market, and application market (diagnosis, drug development and discovery). This report also examines recent studies, microRNA detection and profiling, clinically oriented microRNA profiling in several human cancers. The report covers epigenetic, methylation and miRNA products in development, products in clinical trials, currently marketed and clinical-stage development products. Relationship between miRNAs and epigenetics is also examined. This report categorizes the market for epigenetics, forecasting the market value in revenue by analyzing the current and future trends in research, diagnostics and therapeutics industries. This report also looks at SNPs analysis instruments, reagents, software and services, providing information critical to understanding the business behind this new technology.
The following technologies and segments are excluded from this report: detailed instruments, pharmacogenomics, combinatorial chemistry, biochip, bioinformatics and high-throughput screening (HTS). Uses of emerging technologies in drug discovery such as lab-on-a-chip (LOAC), nanotechnology, and RNA interference (RNAi) also are not discussed here.
- 91 tables
- An overview of the global market for cancer profiling and pathways
- Analyses of global market trends, with data from 2017 and 2018, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2023
- Discussion of products in this market, newly emerging tools, diagnostics and therapeutics, and their impacts on the market
- Examination of evolving methods, such as microarray analysis, multiplex PCR, and quantitative real-time PCR, which are integral to deciphering molecular mechanisms involved in gene function, biological development, and disease progression, and are important tools in the discovery and development of new drug targets and diagnostic biomarkers
- Identification of important cancer profiling techniques, market shares by types of products on the market, and market shares by company, as well as types of cancers and biomarkers
- Coverage of epigenetic, methylation, and miRNA products in development, products in clinical trials and currently marketed, and clinical-stage development products
- Company profiles of key players in the market
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook