Global Digital Signage Market (2011 - 2016)
Digital Signage, since 1994, has seen different phases; right from its evolution and becomes one of the most powerful sources for the display of media information. The segments of a once whole pie are being broken into clearly identifiable pieces each with their own place within the Digital Signage ecosystem.
This report covers the market on the basis of components, applications, display technology and geography.
On the basis of components: the media players, displays, content management servers, distribution infrastructure and software.
On the basis of applications: various sectors such as indoor venues that includes entertainment centers, hospitality centers, health care centers, auditoriums, indoor arenas, and various other sectors such as retail, transportation, government, and corporate.
On the basis of display technology: the types of the displays such as LCD, LED, plasma, projectors, and 3D screens.
On the basis of geography: North America, Europe, APAC, and ROW.
The report “Global Digital Signage Market and its Applications (2011-2016)”, as the name suggests, illustrates the global scenario in face of the digital signage system over the next five years with insights into technical advancement in the advertisement, innovations in the signage market, increase in demand because of increase in awareness, and decrease in the prices of the displays.
The market sees digital signage as more beneficial in comparison with static signage; as the content that updates frequently can be digitally updated, saving the cost of printing. Digital signage also has the ability to be interactive with imbedded touch screens, movement detection, and image capture devices.
Digital signage is used for many different purposes and there is no definitive list. However, given below are certain most common applications of digital signage:
- Public information – news, weather, and local (location specific) information such as fire exits and traveler information
- Internal information - corporate messages, health & safety, news, etc.
- Menu information – pricing, photos, ingredients, and the other food information including nutritional facts
- Advertising – either related to the location the signage is in or just using the audience reach of the screens for general advertising
- Brand building – in-store digital signage to promote the brand and build a brand identity
- Influencing customer behavior – directing customers to different areas, increasing the dwell time on the store premises
- Enhancing customer experience – applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in restaurant waiting areas, bank queues, etc., as well as recipe demonstrations in food stores
- Enhancing the environment – with interactive screens (in the floor for example) or with dynamic wayfinding
The Global Digital signage market is estimated to generate $3.95 billion in 2011 and $13.2 billion by 2016; at a CAGR of 27.29% from 2011 to 2016.
In addition, the report entails details of:
- Key growth drivers and restraints of the market
- Burning issues and opportunities
- Impact analysis of the market dynamics
- Analysis of different applications of the market
- Key trends shaping and influencing the market
- Identification of segments with high growth potential
- Region specific developments and peculiarities
- Key growth strategies for companies in the precision monitoring market
- The competitive landscape of the industry
The report also captures the market roadmap with market sizes, trend lines, revenue forecasts, value chain, market & product trends, socio-economic trends and regulations, competitive landscape.
NEC Display Solutions, Ltd (Tokyo), AU Optronics (Taiwan), Scala (U.S.), Planar Systems Inc. (U.S.), UCView (U.S.), Navori (Switzerland), Adflow Network (Canada), Keywest technology (U.S.), Nanonation Technology (U.S.), Omnivex Corporation (Canada), Onelan Limited (U.K.), Brightsign LLC. (U.S.), Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd (South Korea), Winmate Communication Inc. (Taiwan), Broadsign International Inc. (Canada), and Cisco Systems (U.S.) are a few among the leading players profiled in this report with their key developments, financials and strategies.
The key stakeholders identified for this repot include:
- Display manufacturers
- Retailers and distributors of Digital signage components
- Content and software developers of Digital Signage