Market Research Logo

MoT – Gemas to Johor Bahru Electrified Double Track Rail Line – Malaysia - Project Profile

MoT – Gemas to Johor Bahru Electrified Double Track Rail Line – Malaysia - Project Profile

Synopsis

"MoT – Gemas to Johor Bahru Electrified Double Track Rail Line – Malaysia - Project Profile" contains information on the scope of the project including project overview and location. The profile also details project ownership and funding, gives a full project description, as well as information on contracts, tendering and key project contacts.

The "MoT – Gemas to Johor Bahru Electrified Double Track Rail Line – Malaysia - Project Profile" is part of Timetric's database of 82,000+ construction projects. Our database includes a 10+ year archive of completed projects, full coverage of all global projects with a value greater than $25 million and key contact details for project managers, owners, consultants, contractors and bidders.

Summary

The Ministry of Transport (MoT) is planning to undertake the construction of double-track electric rail line from Gemas to Johor Baru in Malaysia.

The project involves the construction of 197km double-track electric rail line. The rail line will start from JB Sentral to Kemas Baru, Kulai, Simpang Rengam, Layang-Layang, Kluang, Mengkibol, Kluang, Paloh, Bekok, Labis, Genung, Segamat and Gemas.

It includes the construction of a station, depots, yards and bridges, and the installation of signaling and communication systems, and the remodeling and renovation of 11 intermediate stations.

Two undisclosed consultants have been appointed as a design consultant and an independent checker, to monitor the project.

In December 2011, Chinese Road and Bridge Corporation (CRBC) with local partner Gamuda Bhd were announced as preferred bidder to be awarded the main contract.

A consortium comprising China Railway Construction Corporation Ltd, China Communications Construction Co Ltd, and China Railway Engineering Corporation was selected as preferred bidder for the project.

The consortium was given two months to submit a tender proposal until November 30, 2015.

On November 4, 2016, a consortium of China Railway Construction Corporation Ltd (CRCC), China Communications Construction Co Ltd (CCC) and China Railway Engineering Corporation (CREC) along with SIPP Railway Sdn Bhd was awarded US$2,100 million construction contract.

Chinese consortium holds 70% in the contract and SIPP holds remaining 30%. The scope of the project will include the design, construction, material supply, installation, completion, testing, trial operation and maintenance of the Gemas-Johor Bahru electric double-track railway.

Under the 2016 Budget, US$24 million has been allocated initially to start construction of the project.

Construction is delayed due to issues with the state authorities.

Scope

The project involves the construction of a 197km double-track electric rail line linking Gemas and Johor Baru in Malaysia.

The US$2,200 million project includes the following:

1. Construction of a station

2. Construction of depots

3. Construction of yards

4. Construction of bridges

5. Installation of signaling and communications systems

6. Remodeling and renovation of 11 intermediate stationsReasons To Buy

  • Gain insight into the project.
  • Monitor the latest project developments.
  • Identify key project contacts.


1.Key Statistics
2.Key Dates
3.Sector
4.Operating metrics
5.Tender Information
6.Scope
7.Description
8.Latest update
9.Background
10.Key Contacts
11.General News, Project News
12.Appendix

Download our eBook: How to Succeed Using Market Research

Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.

Download eBook

Share this report