India Affordable Housing Market, By Providers (Government, Private Builders, Public-Private Partnership), By Income Category (EWS, LIG, MIG), By Size of Unit (Up to 400 square feet, 400-800 square feet, Above 800 square feet), By Location (Metro v/s Non-Metro), By Population (Slum Population v/s Non-Slum Population), By Region, Forecast & Opportunities, FY2027
India affordable housing market is expected to grow at an impressive rate during the forecast period. The India affordable housing market is driven by the rising middle-class population and increasing working population. This has led to the large influx of migrants especially in Tier 1 cities for educational and occupational purposes, which in turn is expected to foster the market growth during the forecast period. Additionally, easy availability of home loans is expected to propel the market growth through FY2027. Furthermore, the government’s vison of “Housing for all by FY2023” is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the market growth. This got a push, when in the Budget FY2022 the union government announced an extension of availing additional deduction of up to Rs 1.50 lakh for interest paid on loans for affordable houses by an additional one year till 31 March FY2023. Also, in the recently announced economic package amidst the pandemic COVID-19 and lockdown situation, the finance minister announced that the Credit Linked Interest Subsidy Scheme will also be extended till 31 March FY2023. These factors are expected to positively influence the market growth.
The India affordable housing market is segmented based on providers, income category, size of unit, location, population, company, and region. Based on providers, the market can be categorized into government, private builders and public-private partnership. Here, the public-private partnership is expected hold the largest market share owing to the easy availability of land, improved financing and low costs. Based on location, the market can be split into metro and non-metro. Among these, the metro segment is expected to dominate the market owing to the affordability constraints pertaining to premium houses especially in Tier 1 cities. This has increased the demand for affordable housing.
Major players operating in the India affordable housing market include TATA Housing Development Co., Ltd., Migsun Group, Nila Infrastructures Ltd., WorldHaus Construction Pvt. Ltd., Larsen & Toubro Ltd., Shapoorji Pallonji & Co. Ltd, Godrej Properties, DLF Group, Prestige Group, Unitech India and others. The companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new products to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new product developments.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: FY2017-FY2020
Base Year: FY2021
Estimated Year: FY2022
Forecast Period: FY2023-FY2027
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze and estimate the market size of India affordable housing market from FY2017 to FY2020.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of India affordable housing market from FY2021 to FY2027 and growth rate until FY2027.
- To classify and forecast India affordable housing market based on providers, income category, size of unit, location, population, company, and regional distribution.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the India affordable housing market.
- To identify drivers and challenges for India affordable housing market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in India affordable housing market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in India affordable housing market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in India affordable housing market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of construction companies across the country. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the construction companies which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the construction companies, builders and presence of all major players across the country.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of India affordable housing market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Affordable housing construction companies, government, private builders and other stakeholders
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to affordable housing
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as housing construction companies, builders, partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, India affordable housing market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Providers:
- Private Builders
- Public-Private Partnership
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Income Category:
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Size of Unit:
- Up to 400 square feet
- 400-800 square feet
- Above 800 square feet
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Location:
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Population:
- Slum Population
- Non-Slum Population
- India Affordable Housing Market, By Region:
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in India affordable housing market.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without