The Global Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle(UGV) Market 2018-2028
Security threats posed by cross-border insurgents, illegal immigrants, pirates, hostile nations and terrorist organizations such as Islamic State (IS), Al-Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiah (JI) and other right wing extremists have created a need for defense systems capable of carrying out surveillance and intelligence gathering missions. Furthermore, territorial disputes among countries have led to a competitive acquisition of defense systems including UGVs, within a region. Such disputes include India and Pakistan, South Korea and North Korea, Thailand and Cambodia, and China and Taiwan.
UGVs have proved to be exceedingly useful during peacekeeping missions and the ongoing global war on terror, finding applications across ISR and combat roles. Furthermore, enhanced capabilities in areas such as endurance, data processing, and communications have broadened UGVs role in both defense and intelligence roles.
The Global Military Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGVs) market is estimated to value US$342.1 million by the end of 2018, registering a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.60%. In terms of segments, EOD UGVs and Information Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) and Multi-mission UGV segments are anticipated to account for 44% and 20.6% of the military UGV market respectively, followed by Border Patrol & Logistics UGV and Combat UGV segments, with a cumulative share of 35.4%.
Demand for ISR & Multi-mission UGV segment is primarily driven by the growing requirement for advanced ISR capabilities in militaries in order to ensure force protection in a world plagued by terrorism and cross-border violence.
The Strategic Intelligence Report ""The Global Military Unmanned Ground Vehicle(UGV) Market 2018-2028"" offers a detailed analysis of the industry, with market size forecasts covering the next ten years. This report will also analyze factors that influence demand for UGV, key market trends, and challenges faced by industry participants.
Companies Mentioned - BAE Systems, Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), Safran Electronics, General Dynamics, Rheinmetall AG, Northrop Grumman, Cobham, Elbit Systems Ltd, Oshkosh Defense, Milrem AS, Nexter Group, iRobot Corp, DRDO, JSC 766 UPTK
The report also highlights challenges faced by industry participants. In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- Overview: snapshot of the military UGV market during 2018–2028, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments
- Market Dynamics: insights into the technological developments in the military UGV market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by industry participants
- Segment Analysis: insights into the military UGV market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector
- Regional Review: insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region
- Regional Analysis: insights into the military UGV market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region
- Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military UGV segments expected to be in demand in each region
- Key Program Analysis: details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed over the forecast period
- Competitive Landscape Analysis - analysis of the competitive landscape of the global military UGV industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis
Reasons to buy
- Determine prospective investment areas based on a detailed trend analysis of the global military unmanned ground vehicle(UGV) market over the next ten years
- Gain in-depth understanding about the underlying factors driving demand for different UGV segments in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others
- Identify the major channels that are driving the global UGV market, providing a clear picture about future opportunities that can be tapped, resulting in revenue expansion
- Channelize resources by focusing on the ongoing programs that are being undertaken by the defense ministries of different countries within the global UGV market
- Make correct business decisions based on thorough analysis of the total competitive landscape of the sector with detailed profiles of the top UGV solution providers around the world which include information about their products, alliances, recent contract wins and financial analysis wherever available
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook