Publishing for the PreK-12 Market, 2022-2023
Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2022-2023 addresses the opportunities in the PreK-12 school market and the strategies at work in the industry that provide instructional materials to schools.
Simba Information defines the major segments of the instructional materials industry into key categories: core basal curriculum, courseware, state-level tests, digital supplements, print supplements, manipulatives, trade books, video, and classroom magazines, and sizes the individual segments and the overall instructional materials industry, which Simba estimates generated $9.3 billion in sales in 2021, up 7.8% from an estimated $8.7 billion in 2020.
The seven-chapter analysis in Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2022-2023 focuses on market trends and the size and structure of the industry. Broad market conditions examined in the first chapters include:
- enrollment trends and projections, broken down by type of school and an examination of the rise of virtual schooling
- federal and state funding and support for PreK-12 Education, including ESSER funds, factors related to availability of funds, Title I’s 50 largest allocations, trends winning support, and state budget proposals
- state text adoption calendars
- industry revenues rising from post COVID-19 lockdowns
The second half of the report explores the size and structure of the K-12 instructional materials industry, including:
- current sales and projections by industry segments
- growth in digital teaching, tools, and materials
- revised state testing plans and pilots
- operating performance and stock performance of selected public companies
- listing and analysis of industry M&A activity for 2021 and first half of 2022
The report offers an outlook based on market trends, including:
- Current COVID-19 mandates and changes
- digital continuing its ongoing growth
- curriculum outlook for Science, Social and Emotional Learning (SEL), and Supplemental Material
- teacher shortages, book challenges, increased use of OER, broader economic forces, and other cautions and hurdles facing market players
Profiles of the following key companies provide a look at their strategies, financials, and activities: Cambium Learning, Cengage, Discovery Education, Goodheart-Willcox, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Kahoot!, McGraw Hill, Pearson, Renaissance Learning, Savvas Learning, Scholastic, and Stride.
Publishers and investment professionals can trust Simba Information's Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2022-2023
to provide the inside intelligence, market size and trends needed to evaluate growth potential and understand online services trends affecting market for instructional materials for the PreK-12 market.Publishing for the PreK-12 Market 2022-2023
is an essential tool for publishing executives, M&A advisors, market analysts, and industry consultants who need to understand the business strategies driving this dynamic industry.
Simba has the knowledge base and perspective gained from more than 20 years’ covering this market and the rapid changes in technology, the economy, mergers, partnerships and public policy that affect it.