PLUNKETT’S MANUFACTURING & ROBOTICS INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2017
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in Manufacturing & Robotics and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- The worldwide manufacturing sector is estimated by Plunkett Research at $12.5 trillion in 2016.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 29
Companies Profiled: 503
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
Major Trends Affecting the Manufacturing & Robotics Industry
1) Introduction to the Manufacturing and Robotics Industry
2) Industrial Robots and Factory Automation
3) Service Robots in a Variety of Industries
4) U.S. Automobile Sales Soar
5) Global Growth in Manufacturing and Trade Requires Investment by Emerging Nations
6) Regional Trade Centers Will Evolve to Boost Manufacturing and Logistics
7) Introduction to the Outsourcing & Offshoring Industry
8) Pros and Cons of Outsourcing & Offshoring
9) Nearshoring and Reshoring Keep Operations Closer to Home
10) Upswing in U.S. Apparel and Textile Jobs as Firms Reshore
11) Wages Rise in China and Vietnam/Cambodia and Other Countries Gain Manufacturing Market Share
12) The Vast Majority of Shoes Sold in the U.S. Are Made Elsewhere
13) Flyknit May Revolutionize Manufacture of Shoes
14) Original Design Manufacturing (ODM) Adds Value to Contract Electronics Manufacturing
15) Outsourcing of Automobile Component Manufacturing/Design
16) 3D Printing (Additive Manufacturing), Rapid Prototyping and Computer Aided Design
17) 3PL Logistics Services and Supply Chain Management Services
18) Manufacturers Focus on High Performance Plastics and Specialty Chemicals
19) Refineries Along with Chemicals and Plastics Plants Invest Heavily in U.S./Take Advantage of Shale Natural Gas
20) Computer and Smartphone Markets in India and China Targeted by Manufacturers/ Domestic Manufacturing and Investment Grow
21) Telecom Equipment Makers Face Intense Competition from Manufacturers in China
22) Boeing and Airbus Face Waning Orders/Major Aircraft Market in China
23) U.S. Auto Manufacturers Ford, Chrysler and GM Compete Head-On with Volkswagen, Toyota and Honda
24) India Sees Automobile Export Growth
25) Mexico Grows Rapidly as a Major Automotive Maker and Exporter
26) Optimum Lean Production Saves Manufacturing Costs
27) Designers and Manufacturers Bypass the Middleman with Direct-to-Consumer Online Business Models
28) Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into Commercial
Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
Manufacturing & Robotics Industry Statistics I. Overview of the Manufacturing Industry
1) Manufacturing & Robotics Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Quarterly After-Tax Profits, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
3) Selected Financial Data, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 1st Quarter 2015-1st Quarter 2016
4) Sales & Net Income After-Tax, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations: 2005-1st Quarter 2016
5) Sales & Operating Profits, U.S. Manufacturing Corporations, by Industry: 1st Quarter 2015-1st Quarter 2016
II. Output & Employment
1) Value Added to U.S. Economy by Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of GDP: 1948-2015
2) All Manufacturing Employees, U.S.: Monthly, January 1939-July 2016
3) Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, as a Percentage of all Private Industry Employment: 1948-2015
4) Employment in the U.S. Manufacturing Sector, by Industry: 20010-July 2016
5) Manufacturing Output vs. Employment, U.S.: 1980-2016
6) Gross Output in the Wood & Nonmetallic Mineral Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2014
7) Gross Output in the Primary Metals & Fabricated Metal Products Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2014
8) Gross Output in the Machinery Manufacturing Industry, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2014
9) Gross Output in the Computer & Electronic Product Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2014
10) Gross Output in the Electrical Equipment, Appliances & Components Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2014
11) Gross Output in the Motor Vehicles & Transportation Equipment Manufacturing Industries: Selected Years, 2009-2014
12) Gross Output in the Food, Beverage & Tobacco Product Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2014
13) Gross Output in the Textile & Apparel Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2014
14) Gross Output in the Chemicals, Plastics & Rubber Products Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Selected Years, 2009-2014
1) Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for All Manufacturing Industries, U.S.: Monthly, January 1992-June 2016
2) Annual Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Industry Groups, U.S.: 2009-2015
3) Monthly Value of Manufacturers' Shipments for Industry Groups, U.S.: 2015-2016
1) Value of Exports of All Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
2) Exports of Durable & Nondurable Manufactured Goods, U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
3) Value of Exports of U.S. Vehicles: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
4) Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
5) Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Chemicals, U.S.: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
6) Top 50 Destinations of U.S. Textiles & Apparel Exports: 2014-2015
7) Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016