PLUNKETT'S INFOTECH INDUSTRY ALMANAC 2017
- Plunkett Research lists top 500 companies in InfoTech and names top trends changing the industry for the mid term.
- Industry trends analysis, market data and competitive intelligence
- Market forecasts and Industry Statistics
- Industry Associations and Professional Societies List
- In-Depth Profiles of hundreds of leading companies
- Industry Glossary
- Buyer may register for free access to search and export data at Plunkett Research Online
- Link to our 5-minute video overview of this industry
Statistical Tables Provided: 14
Companies Profiled: 482
Geographic Focus: Global
A complete market research report, including forecasts and market estimates, technologies analysis and developments at innovative firms. You will gain vital insights that can help you shape your own strategy for business development, product development and investments.
Contents, Statistics, Forecasts and Analysis Include:
- How is the industry evolving?
- How is the industry being shaped by new technologies?
- How is demand growing in emerging markets and mature economies?
- What is the size of the market now and in the future?
- What are the financial results of the leading companies?
- What are the names and titles of top executives?
- What are the top companies and what are their revenues?
Major Trends Affecting the InfoTech Industry
1) Introduction to the InfoTech Industry
2) Hot Fields Within Computer Hardware and Software Include Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity and Big Data
3) Tablets and Smartphones Cause Decline in PC and Laptop Computer Market
4) Computer and Smartphone Markets in India and China Targeted by Manufacturers
5) Domestic Manufacturing and Investment Grow
6) Supercomputing Hits 93.01 Petaflops/IBM’s Watson Expands Commercial Applications for Big Data
7) New Semiconductors Provide Higher Speeds and Lower Power Consumption/China
8) Invests in Domestic Chip Manufacturing and Research
9) Open Source Systems Grow/New Operating Systems Launch
10) Cloud Computing and Software as a Service (SaaS) Point the Way to the Future
11) Growth in Big Data Supported by Expansion of Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics
12) Wi-Fi Enables Wireless Traffic Growth
13) Google, CableVision, FreedomPop and Republic Wireless Bypass Cellular Networks with Wi-Fi
14) Global Internet Market Tops 3.5 Billion Users/Ultrafast Broadband Expands, both Fixed and Wireless
15) Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Gains Traction
16) TVs Are Internet Ready/Game Consoles and Set Top Accessories like Roku and
17) Chromecast Stream Content
18) Electronic Health Records (EHR) Digitize Patient Data at an Accelerating Pace
19) Many Industry Sectors Seek Consulting and Outsourcing Income, Competing with Pure Consultancies
20) The Future: Pervasive Computing and Complete Mobility Will Be Standard
21) Silicon Chips with 7-Nanometer Density/Memristors/Nanotechnology to Create Powerful Semiconductors with Advantages Over Silicon
22) Nanotechnology Holds the Key to the Ultradense NRAM Digital Memory of the Future
23) Breakthroughs Achieved in Quantum Computing
24) Voice Recognition Changes the Wireless World/Enables New Bots and Hardware
25) Digital Assistants Include Amazon’s Echo and Google’s Home/Alexa and Similar Software Power Third-Party Developers
26) Wearable Sensors Track Exercise Data/Apparel and Shoe Manufacturers Adopt
28) The “Internet of Things” (IoT) and M2M: Wireless Sensors to Boom, Aided by
30) Artificial Intelligence (AI), Deep Learning and Machine Learning Advance into
31) Commercial Applications, Including Health Care and Robotics
32) Virtual Reality and 3-D Games Create Opportunities for the Tech Industry/Immersion
33) Games to Grow
34) Cloud Computing Squeezes the Outsourcing Industry InfoTech Industry Statistics
1) InfoTech Industry Statistics and Market Size Overview
2) Internet Access Technologies Compared
3) U.S. InfoTech Industry Quarterly Revenue: 2015-2016
4) Software Publishing Industry, U.S.: Estimated Revenue, Inventories & Expenses: 2010-2016
5) Internet Publishing & Broadcasting & Web Search Portals: Estimated Revenue & Expenses,
6) U.S.: 2010-2015
7) Estimated Quarterly U.S. Retail Sales, Total & E-Commerce: 1st Quarter 2007-3rd Quarter 2016
8) Top Ten Suppliers & Destinations of U.S. Computers & Electronic Products: 2010-2nd Quarter 2016
9) Value of Computers & Electronic Products Manufacturers' Shipments, Inventories & Orders by Industry, U.S.: 2008-2016
10) Exports, Imports & Trade Balance of Computers & Electronic Products, U.S.: 2010-
11) 2nd Quarter 2016
12) Exports & Imports of Telecommunications Equipment, U.S.: 2010-1st Quarter 2016
13) Number of Business & Residential High Speed Internet Lines, U.S.: 2011-2016
14) Computer Industry Employment by Business Type, U.S.: 2010-October 2016
15) InfoTech Employment, U.S.: 2000-October 2016