Infosys – IoT Services
Who Is This Vendor Assessment For?
NelsonHall’s IoT Services Vendor Assessment for Infosys is a comprehensive assessment of Infosys’ IoT service offerings and capabilities designed for:
- Sourcing managers monitoring the capabilities of existing suppliers of IT services and identifying vendor suitability for IoT services
- Vendor marketing, sales and business managers looking to benchmark themselves against their peers
- Financial analysts and investors specializing in the IoT sector.
Key Findings & Highlights
The IoT service line (ISL) is a fully-fledged horizontal service line that was launched in 2016: it has its own P&L, CoE, pre-sales, project solutioning, and delivery. ISL is headquartered in Bangalore, with a headcount of 2.2k. It has ~80 clients.
ISL has a background in engineering and R&D services, and initially worked on designing and developing connected products. ISL's value proposition is to provide an end to end service, with the intention of differentiating from several competitors that are addressing IoT more from an analytics perspective.
Infosys is focusing on five main IoT platforms (i.e. PTC Thingworx, Siemens MindSphere, Microsoft Azure IoT Suite, AWS, and Hitachi Vantara's Lumada). In addition, Infosys has developed its own IoT platform (NIA M2M) based on its NIA platform around big data, analytics, and AI, complemented by its message gateway (Infosys IoT Gateway Framework). The company highlights it wants to be IoT platform agnostic and often uses its IoT platforms for accelerating PoCs, before deploying IoT COTS.
An important element of ISL's strategy is to develop IoT industry platform-based use cases. This strategy has guided the activity of ISL in the past two years, aiming for both a wider industry coverage and also more comprehensive offerings. ISL has found that client organizations are happy to consider IoT use cases in the form of COTS but require a lot of customization. ISL is therefore being selective in the use cases it is productizing.
Scope of the Report
The report provides a comprehensive and objective analysis of Infosys’ IoT service offerings, capabilities, and market and financial strength, including:
- Analysis of the company’s offerings and key service components, accelerators, and “platforms”
- Revenue estimates
- Identification of the company’s strategy, emphasis and new developments
- Analysis of the profile of the company’s customer base including the company’s targeting strategy
- Analysis of the company’s strengths, weaknesses and outlook.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook