Tactical UAV Market - Segmented by Application (Military, Law Enforcement, Other Applications) and Geography - Growth, Trends and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
Growing Use of UAVs in Military Operations
The rising military expenditures are also driving the subsidies into Research and Development in the unmanned systems, which is helping more efficient, capable UAVs to shape into existence. There has been a gradual increase in the money spent to procure advanced unmanned systems from all the armies across the world. The global military expenditure experienced an increase of 1.1 % from 2016, to reach USD 1,739 billion in 2017, which is good news for the military tactical UAV market. Increase in the demand for UAVs has brought about significant advancements in processor technology, which have enabled significant performance gains in ISR systems. The improvements in capability have also helped to bring about a standardized system-level architecture which helps to reduce cost and complexity in the manufacturing and operation of the tactical UAVs due to which the market of tactical UAVs is expected to grow at a CAGR of 19.18% during the forecast period.
Technological Innovations in Tactical UAVs
Innovations in technology are helping the armies to focus more on unmanned systems, which is encouraging a large increase in the number of unmanned aerial systems (UAS) being deployed on the battlefield. Integrating the technologies, like artificial intelligence, cloud computing, hypersonic technologies, and swarms of small drones into the existing tactical UAV technologies will enable the development of advanced tactical UAV systems, thus enhancing the military’s tactical capabilities. The increase in the autonomous capabilities for surveillance missions on the tactical UAVs, would further reduce direct human control and lead to cost reduction. There are many innovations in UAVs that are expected to change the shape of the existing ISR capable UAV technologies in the mere future. Drones with size as small as that of a human palm, like the Black Hornet Nano, are currently being used by the Norwegian Army, the British Army, and the armed forces of the Netherlands and Germany.
Growing demand for UAVs in Civil and Commercial Sectors
The use of drones in commercial and civil sectors has been increasing over the years. New generation UAVs are being used for railways, voltage electrical lines maintenance, fire-fighting, and communications among others. The China Academy of Launch Vehicle Technology is currently designing a drone that can swiftly fly into a burning building through doors and windows, to locate trapped victims and figure out a rescue route before fire-fighters arrive. Cameras will be placed on the drone to transmit photos back to fire-fighters in real time. This drone is expected to be put into use by the end of 2018.
Major Players -Boeing, Safran, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Elbit Systems Ltd., and Leonardo SpA among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- Jul 2018- The US Army announced that it had bought Raytheon’s tube-launched Coyote drone. Coyote UAS is developed and tested to save lives, reduce operational costs, and provide tactical surveillance data to the military.
- Jun 2018- Russia’s research and manufacturing association Aviation Systems developed the TAKR 7001 tactical reconnaissance drone system which is a fixed-wing multi-rotor unified unmanned aerial vehicles. The drone is equipped with a unified optical reconnaissance system capable of identifying people at a distance 1km at night and 1.5 km at daytime.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
- Detailed analysis of the segment that is expected to register the highest growth rate
- Study on the region and country that are expected to dominate the market
- Identifying the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in Excel)
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs.
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook