Global Bioactive Ingredients Market - Growth, Trend and Forecast (2018 - 2023)
The market was valued is expected to reach over USD 43.25 million by 2023, projecting a healthy CAGR of 6.3% over the forecast period, (2018-2023). The market has growing extensively due to the increasing global consumption of dietary supplements. Bioactive ingredients are necessary constituents found in most dietary supplements which help in improving the health of consumers.
Bioactive ingredients are considered to be extra-nutritional constituents that are found in small quantities in foods providing health benefits beyond the basic nutritional value of the product. They are known to provide consumers with beneficial physiological, behavioral, and immunological effects. The growing trend among consumers towards prevention rather than cure, rising health care expenditure, increased incidence of lifestyle diseases, inadequate nutrition due to the current hectic lifestyle are contributing factors for the growth of bioactive ingredient markets. Lack of a regulatory framework to validate heath claims are some of factors acting as major restraints for bioactive ingredients market.
The bioactive ingredients market by type includes prebiotics & amino acids, peptides & proteins, minerals, photochemical & plant extracts, carotenoids & antioxidant and others. By application, the global bioactive ingredients market is segmented into alcoholic beverages, food, feed and personal care products. Dietary supplements with bioactive ingredients hold the largest market share and the functional beverages incorporated with bioactive ingredients are expected to witness highest growth rate during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific accounts for a significant share of production as well as global consumption market share. It is followed by North America and Europe. North America is expected to witness the high growth during the forecast period due extensive demand for dietary supplements. By application, bioactive ingredients based dietary supplements hold the largest market share.Major PLAERYS: ARCHER DANIEL MIDLAND, CARGILL, BASF SE, AJINOMOTO CO, ARLA FOODS, FMC CORPORATION, INGREDION INCORPORATED, MAZZA INNOVATION LTD., ROQUETTE and SABINSA CORPORATION, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This publisher does offer titles that are created upon receipt of order. If you are purchasing a PDF Email Delivery option above, the report will take approximately 2 business days to prepare and deliver.
- 1. Introduction
- 1.1 Key Deliverables Of The Study
- 1.2 Study Assumptions
- 1.3 Market Definitions
- 2. Research Approach And Methodology
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Research Design
- 2.3 Study Timelines
- 2.4 Study Phases
- 2.4.1 Secondary Research
- 2.4.2 Discussion Guide
- 2.4.3 Market Engineering & Econometric Modelling
- 2.4.4 Expert Validation
- 3. Market Overview
- 3.1 Trends
- 4. Market Dynamics
- 4.1 Drivers
- 4.1.1 Rising Health Care Expenditure
- 4.1.2 Prevalence of Chronic Diseases Owing to Sedentary Lifestyles
- 4.1.3 Superior Quality Ingredients with a Clinically Proven Background
- 4.2 Restraints
- 4.2.1 Sustainability Concerns
- 4.2.2 Contamination via Deteriorative Reactions
- 4.2.3 Lack of Regulatory Framework
- 4.3 Opportunities
- 4.3.1 Microencapsulation and Other Technical Advancements
- 4.3.2 Demand in Emerging Markets
- 4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
- 4.4.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
- 4.4.2 Bargaining Power Of Buyers
- 4.4.3 Threat Of New Entrants
- 4.4.4 Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
- 4.4.5 Degree Of Competition
- 5. Market Segmentation
- 5.1 By Type
- 5.1.1 Prebiotics & Amino Acids
- 5.1.2 Minerals
- 5.1.3 Photochemical & Plant Extracts
- 5.1.4 Carotenoids & Antioxidant
- 5.1.5 Peptides & Proteins
- 5.1.6 Others
- 5.2 By Application
- 5.2.1 Alcoholic Beverages
- 5.2.2 Food
- 5.2.3 Personal Care Products
- 5.2.4 Feed
- 5.3 By Geography
- 5.3.1 North America
- 184.108.40.206 United States
- 220.127.116.11 Canada
- 18.104.22.168 Mexico
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 5.3.2 Europe
- 126.96.36.199 France
- 188.8.131.52 Germany
- 184.108.40.206 Spain
- 220.127.116.11 UK
- 18.104.22.168 Russia
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 5.3.3 Asia-Pacific
- 126.96.36.199 China
- 188.8.131.52 New Zealand
- 184.108.40.206 Japan
- 220.127.116.11 India
- 18.104.22.168 Australia
- 22.214.171.124 Others
- 5.3.4 South America
- 126.96.36.199 Brazil
- 188.8.131.52 Others
- 5.3.5 Africa
- 184.108.40.206 South Africa
- 220.127.116.11 Others
- 6. Competitive Landscape
- 6.1 Strategy Adopted By Key Players
- 6.2 Most Active Companies In The Past Five Years
- 6.3 Market Share Analysis
- 7. Company Profiles
- 7.1 Archer Daniel Midland
- 7.2 Cargill
- 7.3 BASF SE
- 7.4 AJINOMOTO CO
- 7.5 Arla Foods
- 7.6 FMC Corporation
- 7.7 Ingredion Incorporated
- 7.8 Mazza Innovation Ltd.
- 7.9 Roquette
- 7.10 Sabinsa Corporation
- 8. Appendix
- 8.1 Disclaimer