The Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) Market: Business Case, Market Analysis & Forecasts 2014 - 2019
Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) is a telecom led initiative that aims to utilize standard IT virtualization technology to consolidate many telco network equipment types onto industry standard high volume servers, switches and storage. NFV involves implementing network functions in software that can run on a range of industry standard server hardware, and that can be moved to, or instantiated in, various locations in the network as required, without the need to install new proprietary equipment.
With a promise to drive significant CapEx and OpEx reductions, NFV is poised to transform the entire telco infrastructure ecosystem. Mind Commerce estimates that global spending on NFV solutions will grow at a CAGR of 46% between 2014 and 2019. NFV revenues will reach $1.3 Billion by the end of 2019.
This report provides an in-depth assessment of the global NFV market, including a study of the business case, technology, use cases, vendor landscape, and a quantitative assessment of the industry from 2014 to 2019.
The addresses the following key topics:
- Key Issues in NFV: An assessment of key issues related to NFV
- NFV Use Cases: A review of specific use cases for the Big Data market
- NFV Technology: A review of the underlying technologies that enable NFV
- The Business Case for NFV: An assessment of the business case, growth drivers and barriers for NFV
- Vendor Assessment: An assessment of the vendor landscape of leading players within the NFV market
- Market Analysis and Forecasts: A global and regional assessment of the market size and forecasts for the NFV market from 2014 to 2019
- Early NFV deployments will target virtualization of the mobile core (EPC) and IMS services
- NFV IaaS will open a major opportunity for data center and cloud service providers to play a greater role in the telco services market
- Mind Commerce estimates the NFV market to be worth $203 Million in 2014. Growing at a CAGR of 46 % between 2014 and 2019, NFV revenues will reach $1.3 Billion by the end of 2019
- Companies with expertise in network virtualization technology as well as commodity hardware manufacturers such as Intel will significantly benefit from the commercialization of NFV
Companies in Report:
- SDN providers
- Mobile network operators
- Telecom infrastructure providers
- Cloud and virtualized datacenters
- NFV technology/solution vendors
- Telecom service providers of all types
- Digital content and application providers
- CIMI Corp
- Juniper Networks
- Openwave Mobility
Mind Commerce Publishing's research methodology encompasses input from a wide variety of sources.
We rely heavily upon our Subject Matter Experts (SME) in terms of their market knowledge, unique perspective, and vision. We utilize SME industry contacts as well as previous customers and participants in our market surveys and interactive interviews.
In addition, we rely upon our extensive internal database, which contains modeling, qualitative analysis, and quantitative data. We review secondary sources and compare to our primary sources to update previous findings (for prior version reports) and/or compile baseline information for technology and market modeling.
We share preliminary models with industry contacts (select previous clients, experts, and thought leaders) to verify the veracity of initial modeling. Prior to final report production (analysis, findings, and conclusions), we engage in an internal review with internal SMEs as well as cross-expertise, senior staff members to challenge results.
We believe that forecasts should be prepared as part of an integrated process which involves both quantitative as well as qualitative factors. We follow the following 3-step process for forecasting.
Step 1 - Forecasts Input:
The inputs for the present and historical revenues are derived from industry players. Financial and other quantitative data for individual sub-market categories are derived from original research and tested with interviews with major industry constituents.
Step 2 - Forecasting of Future Years:
Mind Commerce extends forecasts based on a variety of factors including demand drivers as well as supply side data. Key success factors and assumptions are considered.
Step 3 - Validation of Data:
The final step is to validate projections, which is accomplished in consultation with both internal and external industry experts, including both topic and regional experts. Adjustments are made to the forecasts based on factors identified throughout this process.