Modular UPS Market by Solution (50 kVA and Below, 51–100 kVA, 101–250 kVA, 251–500 kVA, 501 kVA and Above), Service (System Integration, Revitalization, Support, & Maintenance), Organization Size, Vertical, and Region - Global Forecast to 2022
“Factors such surging demand for colocation facilities, reduced total cost of ownership, scalability functionality, and simplified installation and integration of new modules are some of the factors driving the modular UPS market growth.”
The modular UPS market size is expected to grow from USD 966.0 million in 2017 to USD 1,741.9 million by 2022, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 12.5% during the forecast period. The market growth is driven by various factors, such as the need for faster deployment of solutions and scalability, increasing awareness about the modular UPS systems among enterprises globally, and reduced total cost of ownership. However, enterprises face some obstacles while adopting the modular UPS systems. One of the obstacles is the high initial investment for deploying modular UPS systems.
“101–250 kVA segment is expected to have the highest growth rate during the forecast period.”
The 101–250 kVA segment is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period, as solutions in this power range help the end-users ensure high availability and minimal downtime for the power supply. These solutions also help users achieve optimal efficiency and usability while ensuring the lowest cost and high returns on investments. With efficient maintenance, enhanced scalability, and better service, these solutions are widely used by various Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI) service providers, small to medium-sized data centers, and IT and telecommunication operators.
“System integration segment is expected to have the largest market share during the forecast period.”
System integration services help in the integration of modular UPS systems with the overall mechanical and electrical systems, which is very critical for successful business outcomes. These services help the users achieve efficient power management and assist the entire system in fulfilling the changing needs of organizations. There are many Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and other individual organizations providing system integration services with additional features and functionalities; they also provide successful implementation of systems in various organizations.
“Asia Pacific (APAC) is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period.”
North America is estimated to have the largest market share in 2017, whereas APAC is projected to be the fastest growing region in the market. Implementation of advanced modular technologies to create a robust power supply, increasing Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), expansion of business by the vendors in this region, and building of modern infrastructure capabilities to leverage next-generation technologies are some of the key reasons that have led APAC to become a highly potential market.
The breakup of the profiles of the primary participants is given below:
• By Company: Tier 1 Companies – 25%, Tier 2 Companies – 45%, and Tier 3 Companies – 30%
• By Designation: C-Level – 43%, Director Level – 35%, and Others – 22%
• By Region: North America – 33%, Europe – 27%, APAC – 17%, MEA – 13% and LA – 10%
The key providers in the modular UPS market are:
1. ABB Group (Switzerland)
2. Emerson Electric Co. (US)
3. Huawei Technologies Co. (China)
4. Schneider Electric SE (France)
5. Eaton Corporation Plc (Ireland)
6. Legrand (France)
7. Rittal GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
8. AEG Power Solutions (Netherlands)
9. Delta Electronics, Inc. (Taiwan)
10. Gamatronic Electronic Industries Ltd. (Israel)
The modular UPS market has been segmented based on components (solutions and services), organizational size, verticals, and regions. A detailed analysis of the key industry players has been done to provide key insights into their business overviews, products and services, key strategies, new product launches, partnerships, agreements, collaborations, business expansions, and the competitive landscape associated with the modular UPS market.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
• This report segments the modular UPS market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and subsegments.
• This report will help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them information on the key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
• This report will help stakeholders better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the market. The competitive landscape section includes the competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions in the modular UPS market.