Metamaterial Market by Material Type (Electromagnetic, Terahertz, Photonic, Tunable, and FSS ), Application (Communication Antenna, Windscreen, Solar Panel, Sensing, Display, and Medical Imaging), Vertical and Geography - Global Forecast to 2025
“The overall metamaterial market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 63.1%”
The overall metamaterial market is expected to reach USD 4,634.8 million by 2025, growing at a CAGR of 63.1% between 2017 and 2025. Increasing concern for variety in design functionalities is one of the major factors fueling the growth of this market. Moreover, the growing demand for anti-glare coating applications and invisibility cloak for stealth aircraft are expected to generate a demand for metamaterials. The key restraining factor for the growth of the metamaterial market is the cost of synthesization of metamaterials. Synthesization of metamaterial is a time consuming and critical process.
“The metamaterial market for the aerospace and defense vertical to hold the largest share during the forecast period”
The metamaterial market for aerospace and defense to hold the largest market share by 2025. This growth can be attributed to the increasing usage of communication antenna applications owing to the growing bandwidth requirement and need for secure communication.
“Medical imaging is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The metamaterial market for medical imaging is expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period. The significant growth of the medical imaging application can be attributed to its feature that can reduce the MRI scanning time.
“Americas to hold the largest share and Asia Pacific to grow at the highest rate in the metamaterial market”
The Americas is expected to hold the largest share of the metamaterial market during the forecast period. This region is home to many metamaterial manufacturing companies. The metamaterial market in Asia Pacific (APAC) is expected to grow at a high rate during the forecast period. The high growth of the market in this region can be attributed to the increasing demand for communication applications and ongoing research in this region for the development of metamaterials.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the metamaterial market. The break-up of primary participants for the report has been shown below:
• By Company Type: Tier 1 – 20 %, Tier 2 – 55%, and Tier 3 – 25%
• By Designation: C-Level Executives – 50%, Directors – 25%, and Sr. Professors – 25%
• By Region: Americas – 60%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 10%, and RoW – 10%
The report also profiles the key players in this market. The prominent players profiled in this report are Echodyne, Inc. (US), Kymeta Corporation (US), Metamaterial Technologies, Inc. (Canada), Phoebus Optoelectronics LLC (US), Multiwave Technologies AG (Switzerland), MediWise Ltd. (UK), MetaShield LLC. (US), Plasmonics, Inc. (US), Nanohmics, Inc. (US), Applied EM (US), JEM Engineering (US), Nanosonics (US), Teraview (UK), Ageis Technologies, Inc. (US), and Metamagnetics (US).
This research report categorizes the overall metamaterial market based on material type, application, vertical, and geography. The report discusses the major drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities pertaining to the market, as well as the value chain analysis.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report would help leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
1. This report segments the metamaterial market comprehensively and provides the closest market size estimation for subsegments across different regions.
2. The report would help stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provide them with information on key drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities for market growth.
3. This report would help stakeholders understand their competitors better and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes the information on the competitors’ ecosystem, new product launches, acquisitions, partnerships, agreements, contracts, and collaborations.