eHealth Market Report: Trends, Forecast, and Competitive Analysis
The future of the eHealth market looks promising with opportunities in the hospital and ambulatory centers. The global eHealth market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 23% from 2019 to 2024. The maj
or growth drivers for this market are technological developments, innovations, and the use of electronic devices, deployment of digital health services in the healthcare system, increasing healthcare costs, shift towards patient-centric healthcare delivery, and shortage of healthcare professionals.
A report of more than 150 page report is developed to help in your business decisions. Sample figures with some insights are shown below. To learn the scope of, benefits, companies researched and other details of eHealth market report download the report brochure
The study includes the eHealth market size and forecast for the global eHealth market through 2024, segmented by ehealth type, service, end user, and region as follows:
By eHealth Type [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Clinical Decision Support
- Consumer Health Information
- Health Management
- Healthcare Information System
By Services [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Healthcare Strengthening
By End User [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- Ambulatory Care Centers
By Region [$M shipment analysis for 2013 – 2024]:
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of the World(ROW)
Some of the eHealth companies profiled in this report include GE Healthcare, Cerner, Allscripts, Mckesson, Philips, Siemens Healthineers, IBM, Optum, Medtronic, Epic Systems, Athenahealth, and Cisco Systems.
Some of the features of "Global eHealth Market 2019-2024: Trends, Forecast, and Opportunity Analysis "include
- Market size estimates:Global eHealth market size estimation in terms of value ($M) shipment.
- Trend and forecast analysis:Market trend (2013-2018) and forecast (2019-2024) by segments and region.
- Segmentation analysis:Global market size by various applications such as by ehealth type, by service, by end user, and by region
- Regional analysis:Global eHealth market breakdown by North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and the Rest of the World
- Growth opportunities:Analysis on growth opportunities in different applications and regions for eHealth in the global eHealth market.
- Strategic analysis:This includes M&A, new product development, and competitive landscape for eHealth in the global eHealth market.
- Analysis of competitive intensity of the industry based on Porter’s Five Forces model.
This report answers following 11 key questions:
Q.1. What are some of the most promising potential, high-growth opportunities for the global eHealth market by ehealth type (EHR, E-prescribing, clinical decision support, telemedicine, consumer health information, health management, and healthcare information), services (monitoring, diagnostics, healthcare strengthening and others), end user (hospital, ambulatory care centers and others), and region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Rest of the World (ROW))?
Q.2. Which segments will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.3. Which regions will grow at a faster pace and why?
Q.4. What are the key factors affecting market dynamics? What are the drivers and challenges of the eHealth market?
Q.5. What are the business risks and threats to the eHealth market?
Q.6. What are emerging trends in this eHealth market and the reasons behind them?
Q.7. What are some changing demands of customers in the eHealth market?
Q.8. What are the new developments in the eHealth market? Which companies are leading these developments?
Q.9. Who are the major players in this eHealth market? What strategic initiatives are being implemented by key players for business growth?
Q.10. What are some of the competitive products and processes in this eHealth area and how big of a threat do they pose for loss of market share via material or product substitution?
Q.11. What M & A activities have taken place in the last 5 years in this eHealth market?Please Note: The report will take 4-5 weeks to deliver upon order confirmation