TrendSights Analysis: Caution
Amid anxiety about what the future holds, many consumers draw comfort from the traditional and the familiar. In the midst of growing skepticism, FMCG companies are facing increasing scrutiny over their products, manufacturing processes, and marketing communication, making them more accountable than ever before to consumers.
TrendSights Analysis: Caution looks at alleviating consumer anxieties with authentic and reassuring cues .
Reasons to buy
- Globally fewer than 10% of consumers consider on-pack marketing or health claims made by brands to be completely trustworthy.
- Marketing cues such as natural and real ingredients help make a product seem more authentic to consumers.
- Consumers seek comfort in the past, with most agreeing that older brands offer the best quality.
- Gain insight into the different routes through which products can align with caution: formulation, packaging, and formats.
- Compare the presence of this trend in each industry across the FMCG space, and learn what the key opportunities are.
- Identify the innovation implications of the Caution trend for your sector.
- Executive Summary
- Trend Snapshot
- Table Top three categories in each FMCG sector in which consumers "rarely" or "never" try new/ different varieties of products, 2016
- What Next?