Mobile Health Apps - Thematic Research
As mobile devices continue to become more prevalent and technologically advanced, innovators also continue to develop more and more mobile applications, or apps. Apps can be highly complex, leveraging the power, popularity, and portability of mobile devices for an ever-increasing range of uses. It is estimated that over five billion people worldwide have a mobile device, with over half of these being smartphones the capability to run apps.
This report focuses on the mHealth apps industry, with special attention given to the impact of COVID-19.
This is a single theme report providing in-house analyst expertise of mobile health apps, focusing on the impact of COVID-19.
Components of the report include -
Reasons to Buy
- Key Players - identify big players involved in the mobile health industry that may benefit from the impact of COVID-19 over the next year.
- Trends - identify key trends in the mHealth app industry over the next 12 to 24 months. These are classified into technology trends, macroeconomic trends, and regulatory trends.
- Industry Analysis - identify the impact of mHealth apps across different medical device sub-segments such as diagnostic testing, health/fitness management and medical information organization.
- Value Chain - identify where mHealth apps fit within the medical device value chain.
- Develop and design your corporate strategies through an in-house expert analysis of mHealth apps.
- Develop business strategies by understanding the primary ways in which mHealth apps are changing the medical devices industry.
- Stay up to date on the industry’s major players in mHealth apps and where they sit in the value chain.
- Identify emerging industry trends in mHealth apps to gain a competitive advantage.
- Updated for the impact of COVID-19
- Mobile Health Apps On the Rise
- Technology Trends
- Macroeconomic Trends
- Table Macroeconomic Trends
- Regulatory Trends
- Industry analysis
- Market Segmentation
- Table Figure 1: mHealth Apps: Three Major Market Segments
- Diagnostic Testing Apps
- Table Figure 2: Global Market Value of Various Medical Devices
- Health and Fitness Management Apps
- Table Figure 3: Health and fitness app users, in thousands
- Table Figure 4: Number of People in the US Who Own a Smartphone
- Medical Information Organization Apps
- Table Figure 5: Number of Doctors in the US
- Generation of Revenue from mHealth Apps
- Table Figure 6:ASP of mHealth Apps Over Time
- Competitive Analysis
- Case Studies
- Case Study 1: Butterfly Network's IQ Ultrasound Device
- Case Study 2: Dexcom Inc's Continuous Glucose Monitoring Device
- Case Study 3: Mobile Health Study and Enhanced Symptom Monitoring to Prevent Severe Illness from COVID-19 in Cancer Patients
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Table Mergers and Acquisitions
- Table Figure 7: The mHealth Timeline
- Value Chain
- Table Figure 8: The Medical Device Value Chain
- Public Companies
- Private companies
- Appendix: Our thematic research methodology
- Viewing the world's data by themes makes it easier to make important decisions
- Traditional research does a poor job of picking winners and losers
- That is why we developed our "thematic engine"
- How do we create our sector scorecards?
- Table Figure 9: Our five-step approach for generating a sector scorecard
- What is in our sector scorecards?
- How do we score companies in our thematic screen?
- How our research reports fit into our overall thematic research ecosystem
- About GlobalData
- Contact us
- Client Services