Miso - Ingredient InsightsSummary
Ingredient Case Study: Miso is part of GlobalData's Ingredient case study series. Miso is a Japanese ingredient made from fermented soybeans and salt, available in liquid and spray-dried forms. Long recognized for enhancing Asian cuisine, miso has increasingly found a place in traditional American and European offerings as well. They can be used in various applications from meats, poultry, fish, soups, vegetables, and snacks.
Brands in FMCG and foodservice are finding innovative approaches to utilize the ingredient in formulations, such as Wagamama creating a vegan miso egg and Belazu partnering with Miso Tasty to launch a cooking paste.Scope
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturers in FMCG are using miso as a featured ingredient in formulations to boost its product health perceptions.
- Miso is used in snacks to boost their health profile.
- The ingredient is also used in plant-based menu items as it is easy to cook with as well as being high in nutrition.
- Understand the relevant ingredient trends and attitudes that can drive and support innovation and brand strategy.
- Gain insight into how competitors are responding to this trend.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct decision-making and inform new product development.
- So What?