Leaders and laggards in Global TMT - Global Thematic Research
After 20 years of torpor, key parts of Japan’s technology industry have been woken up by the rise of China, competition from Asian emerging markets, an ageing population and sagging productivity. Under Shinzō Abe’s leadership, Japanese business is starting to develop a ‘risk-on’, technologically innovative culture.
Key industries of the future for Japan could be robotics, precision components, smart electric vehicles , high performance computing, consumer electronics, video games, ecommerce and social media. Japan’s leading companies in many of these sectors have a strong presence in overseas markets: Toyota, Fanuc, Keyence, Panasonic, Sony and Softbank typically sit on top of these markets.
This report researches the state and thrust of Japan’s leading technology companies over the next five years and what it implies for global technology investors against the backdrop of Japan’s still risk averse, thrifty, rigidly conservative culture.
Reasons to buy
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our “thematic engine”.
- About our Thematic Research Ecosystem
- GlobalData has developed a unique thematic methodology for valuing technology, media and telecom companies based on their relative strength in the big investment themes that are impacting their industry. Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalData’s thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. To do this, GlobalData tracks the performance of the top 600 technology, media and telecom stocks against the 50 most important themes driving their earnings, generating 30,000 thematic scores. The algorithms in GlobalData’s “thematic engine” help to clearly identify the winners and losers within the TMT sector. Our 600 TMT stocks are categorised into 18 sectors. Each sector scorecard has a thematic screen, a risk screen and a valuation screen. Our thematic research ecosystem has a three-tiered reporting structure: single theme, multi-theme and sector scorecard. This report is a Multi-Theme report, covering all stocks, all sectors and all themes, giving readers a strong sense of how everything fits together and how conflicting themes might interact with one another.
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global TMT.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
- LEADERS AND LAGGARDS IN GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY, MEDIA AND TELECOMS
- APPENDIX: OUR “THEMATIC” RESEARCH METHODOLOGY