ICT Investment Trends in Argentina: New ICT reforms driving investments in technology
Argentinian government formed a new entity, the federal communications council (CFC) in 2016 with responsibilities to help plan ICT policies and monitor the universal service fund. Most of respondents are planning to keep their ICT expenditure flat in 2017 in comparison to 26% in 2016, a decrease of 1% from the previous year. In the last year, while the Argentinian government has made significant economic changes such as removing currency controls and tax cuts, the country is still experiencing a high level of inflation which is putting pressure on enterprises’ expenditure levels.
While network and communications equipment constituted the largest proportion of the total hardware budget, network services attracted the largest proportion of the total telecommunications budget, indicating that enterprises are keen to develop a reliable communication infrastructure to enable growth and expansion.
Argentinian enterprises are investing in various ICT domains in 2017 to achieve competitiveness and cost savings. Argentinian enterprises are allocating the highest proportion of their ICT budgets to the core domains of hardware, software, and IT services to improve their overall efficiency.
The report ICT Investment Trends in Argentina illustrates the core technologies that enterprises are investing in, including IoT, cloud computing, mobility management, and security products. The survey also highlights the approach to purchasing technology adopted by enterprises in Argentina.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following -
- How ICT budgets are set to change in 2017 in terms of their overall size.
- Allocation across the core elements of IT spend, including hardware, software, services, communications, and consulting.
- Distribution of ICT money in areas such as the networks, applications, service desk, and data centers.
- Which ICT functions Argentinian enterprises are interested in outsourcing?
- Argentinian enterprises’ investment priorities based on their budget allocations across core technology categories such as IoT, cloud computing, mobility management, and security products.
- Factors that are influencing Argentinian enterprises’ investments in each technology category.
- How Argentinian enterprises’ IT budgets are currently allocated across various segments within a technology category.
- Argentinian enterprises’ distribution of their ICT budget across various segments within a technology category.
- Vendor satisfaction ratings for various core and advanced technology categories.
- Insight into Argentinian enterprises’ preferred buying approaches.
- Business objectives that Argentinian enterprises are looking to achieve through their IT investment strategies.
- Factors that are influencing Argentinian enterprises’ decisions to select an ICT provider.
Companies mentioned in this report: Microsoft, Google, IBM, Cisco, Alcatel-Lucent, General Electric, Adobe, Amazon Web Services, Oracle, Claro, Samsung, Citrix, Avast, Avg, CA Technologies, HPE.Scope
Reasons to buy
- Argentinian enterprises are planning to increase their total ICT budget in 2017, as macroeconomic stabilization by the Argentinian government is improving the country’s business environment.
- With the recent announcement of regulatory reforms in the telecommunications sector, telecom vendors can simultaneously provide cable TV, internet, fixed line, and mobile phone services in Argentina, providing new avenues for revenue generation.
- Network and communications equipment constituted the largest proportion of the total hardware budget, network services attracted the largest proportion of the total telecommunications budget, indicating that enterprises are keen to develop a reliable communication infrastructure to enable growth and expansion.
- Understand how the Argentinian enterprise ICT landscape is set to change in 2017 to prioritize your target market
- Comprehend how ICT money are being allocated by Argentinian enterprises in specific verticals and size bands to improve your market penetration
- Make effective business decisions by recognizing the opportunities within each of the core areas of ICT spend (hardware, software, IT services, telecommunications, and consulting)
- Realign your sales initiatives by understanding the current strategic objectives of Argentinian enterprises
- Enhance your market segmentation with the included, detailed breakdown of opportunities within selected technology categories (IoT, cloud computing, mobility management, and security products)
- Prioritize your focus areas by understanding which factors are influencing Argentinian enterprises’ decisions when selecting an ICT provider
- Understand the changes in customers’ priorities and identify the business objectives that Argentinian enterprises are looking to achieve through their ICT investment strategies
- Key findings
- Key implications for ICT vendors
- Argentinian enterprises are investing in various ICT domains in 2017 to achieve
- Survey demographics
- Argentinian enterprises are set to increase their ICT investments in 2017
- Investment in hardware is a key area of focus among Argentinian enterprises
- Argentinian hardware expenditure is dominated by investments in network and
- Software vendors' support cost and maintenance constitute the largest share of software budget allocations among Argentinian enterprises
- Argentinian enterprises allocated the highest share of their total IT services budget to application services
- Investments in network services constitute a major proportion of Argentinian enterprises' telecommunications budget
- Investment in IaaS is set to increase in 2017 among Argentinian enterprises
- Argentinian enterprises are moving their enterprise data onto the private cloud in order to prevent thefts and security breaches
- Argentinian enterprises are increasing their investments in data centers
- Service support & help desk outsourcing is the most popular outsourcing function among Argentinian enterprises
- A growing proportion of Argentinian enterprises are keen to invest in telematics and RFID in the next two years
- Microsoft is the most popular IoT vendor among Argentinian enterprises
- SaaS is the most popular cloud computing solution among Argentinian enterprises
- Google is the most popular cloud computing vendor among Argentinian enterprises
- Mobile telecom expense management is set to gain traction in the next two years among Argentinian enterprises
- Google is the leading vendor in mobility management technologies among Argentinian enterprises
- Application security is the most popular security solution among Argentinian enterprises
- Avast is the major security products provider among Argentinian enterprises
- Argentinian enterprises are assigning the highest level of importance to the objective of `increasing customer satisfaction'
- Price remains the most important criterion in choosing an ICT provider among Argentinian enterprises
- Decisions relating to the purchase of cloud-based products are taken solely by the IT organization among Argentinian enterprises