Chipotle Tamper-Proof Packaging: COVID- 19 - Case Study
Chipotle Mexican Grill, a restaurant chain across the US and elsewhere, has adopted tamper-proof packaging in order to prevent food contamination amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Consumers are more concerned about the hygiene of their delivered food after the outbreak. Due to restaurants closing for dining in, online delivery of food is expected to rise. Therefore, Chipotle's tamper-proof packaging will be beneficial in preventing food inside the package from coming into contact with the delivery person.
Reasons to Buy
- The adoption of tamper-proof packaging will be beneficial for both businesses and consumers as it will ensure food hygiene, thereby leading to an increased number of orders.
- Tamper-proof packaging may also boost consumer loyalty after the COVID-19 crisis.
- With more people working from home due to coronavirus, online orders of food are expected to rise.
- Therefore, packaging solutions that help alleviate consumers' anxiety over food safety will be a key area of development.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes shaping the foodservice industry that will drive and support innovation during the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Determine the most important factors guiding consumers in making purchase decisions for ordering food.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct current decision-making to win the trust of consumers amid the pandemic.
- 1. COVID-19 Case Study: Chipotle Tamper-Proof Packaging
- Key Take-Outs
- 2. Appendix