NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Africa
There continues to be diminishing interest in smoking traditional tobacco or cigarettes, with this linked to rising health-awareness and anti-tobacco campaigns. Fewer young people are starting to smoke, while smokers are increasingly cutting down or quitting altogether. However, this trend did not prove particularly beneficial to NRT smoking cessation aids, which remained one of the least dynamic niches in OTC in 2019. Those cutting back on smoking are generally uninterested in these high-priced...
Euromonitor International's NRT Smoking Cessation Aids in South Africa report offers a comprehensive guide to the size and shape of the market at a national level. It provides the latest retail sales data 2015-2019, allowing you to identify the sectors driving growth. Forecasts to 2024 illustrate how the market is set to change.
Product coverage: NRT Gum, NRT Inhalators, NRT Lozenges, NRT Patches, Other NRT.
Data coverage: market sizes (historic and forecasts), company shares, brand shares and distribution data.
Why buy this report?
* Get a detailed picture of the NRT Smoking Cessation Aids market;
* Pinpoint growth sectors and identify factors driving change;
* Understand the competitive environment, the market’s major players and leading brands;
* Use five-year forecasts to assess how the market is predicted to develop.
Euromonitor International has over 40 years' experience of publishing market research reports, business reference books and online information systems. With offices in London, Chicago, Singapore, Shanghai, Vilnius, Dubai, Cape Town, Santiago, Sydney, Tokyo and Bangalore and a network of over 800 analysts worldwide, Euromonitor International has a unique capability to develop reliable information resources to help drive informed strategic planning.
- Nrt Smoking Cessation Aids in South Africa
- Euromonitor International
- February 2020
- LIST OF CONTENTS AND TABLES
- More Smokers Quitting But Little Interest in Nrt Smoking Cessation Aids
- Vapour Products Pose Heavy Competition Despite Health Concerns
- Range Shrinks With Interest Dwindling
- Competitive Landscape
- Johnson & Johnson Lonely at the Top
- Category Indicators
- Table 1 Number of Smokers by Gender 2014-2019
- Category Data
- Table 2 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 3 Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 4 NBO Company Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 5 LBN Brand Shares of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 6 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 7 Forecast Sales of NRT Smoking Cessation Aids by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- Executive Summary
- Economic Uncertainty and Increasing Internet Use Encourage Self-medication
- Declining Disposable Income Levels Result in Higher Price-sensitivity
- Adcock Ingram Maintains Lead While Gsk Leaps To Second Place
- Drugstores/parapharmacies Benefit From Offering Value for Money
- Slower Growth Ahead Due To Ongoing Price-sensitivity
- Market Indicators
- Table 8 Consumer Expenditure on Health Goods and Medical Services: Value 2014-2019
- Table 9 Life Expectancy at Birth 2014-2019
- Market Data
- Table 10 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2014-2019
- Table 11 Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2014-2019
- Table 12 NBO Company Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2015-2019
- Table 13 LBN Brand Shares of Consumer Health: % Value 2016-2019
- Table 14 Penetration of Private Label in Consumer Health by Category: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 15 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format: % Value 2014-2019
- Table 16 Distribution of Consumer Health by Format and Category: % Value 2019
- Table 17 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: Value 2019-2024
- Table 18 Forecast Sales of Consumer Health by Category: % Value Growth 2019-2024
- OTC Registration and Classification
- Vitamins and Dietary Supplements Registration and Classification
- Self-medication/self-care and Preventive Medicine
- Summary 1 OTC: Switches 2018-2019
- Summary 2 Research Sources