Global Incident and Emergency Management Market - 2022-2029
Incident and emergency management market reached US$ XX million in 2021 and is expected to record significant growth by reaching up to US$ XX million by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 7.30% during the forecast period (2022-2029).
A standardized approach to managing and preventing severe incidences or humanitarian emergencies is called incident and emergency management. Its mission is to integrate and implement crisis systems and solutions throughout all government and non-government platforms. Incident management aids in the restoration of high-quality service operations to minimize the potential impact on consumers and companies. Incident management frequently involves the Incident Command System (ICS), the incident response team (IRT) and the incident management team (IMT). Nonetheless, the emergency market is the market preferred in daily lives for risk avoidance.
The phrase ""emergency management"" refers to the efforts of enterprises or societies to organize or prepare for the resources and personnel required to recover from or mitigate the effects of man-made or natural disasters and terrorist acts. Emergency and incident management is critical to community safety. Several countries have departments dedicated to developing efficacious disaster and emergency solutions. Several businesses and organizations have begun to install emergency response systems on their premises to mitigate the risks.
Technological progression and growing instances of emergencies are major market drivers for the global incident and emergency management market. Nonetheless, the security and privacy concerns could be a major market restraint.
Technological progression and growing instances of emergencies
In modernity, natural and terrorist attacks come in various forms, including explosives, chemical attacks, cyclones, earthquakes and toxic industrial chemical/material attacks. Terrorists increasingly turn to transnational organized crime for funding and logistical support to carry out cross-border terrorist activities and other violent acts against the public and citizens. As a result, incident and emergency management solutions have evolved nearly paralleled with technological progress to tackle the growing danger of the aforementioned instances. Companies have been developing new technologies such as NG9-1-1, early warning systems, Q-Rad tools, tsunami apps, sophisticated early warning systems, advanced communication technologies, geospatial solutions and simulation tools and solutions to aid in emergency planning preparation and mitigation. As a result, the technological progression and growing instances of emergencies in various industries could be a market driver for the global incident and emergency management market.
Security and privacy concerns
The information generated by organizations, especially projects, R&D activities, business functions and financial and transactional data, is critical in developing enterprise strategies. As a result, enterprises are hesitant to move sensitive data and business processes to the cloud, preferring on-premises or traditional information management approaches, stifling the growth of the incident and emergency management market.
Similarly, any surveillance system in public places is frequently viewed as a violation of privacy and is strongly opposed by civil liberties organizations and activists. People expect their private details to be used only for valid and specific purposes and there have been questions about who attends the surveillance videos and how they may be used or misused. As a result, while incident and emergency management solutions have advanced in recent years, their information security capabilities remain a major market constraint.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
Although the COVID-19 crisis has put humanity in an unprecedented and uncertain situation, it also has provided mankind with some certainty regarding future demands. Because of the COVID-19 crisis, humanity brought significant virtualization-based solutions to modernity. Risk assessment and optimization have quickly emerged as one of the best defenses an institution can have to ensure business and institutional continuity in this situation. Numerous institutions globally are leveraging their risk teams' capabilities by making strategic investments in risk technology. Even though being proactive is the best risk management strategy in most cases, because the pandemic is a risk that has already occurred, there has been a focus on approaches that can respond quickly to the latest developments.
For instance, the National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (National VOAD) developed Disaster Agency Response Technology (DART), an online platform that allows member organizations to cooperate in crisis case management, record donations, manage volunteers and perform other tasks. To combat the spread of COVID 19, Esri follows the concept of Respond, Preserve Continuity and Reopen. The company provides valuable insights through maps and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to help companies respond to crises, continue operations and support the reopening process.
The global incident and emergency management market could be classified based on component, end-user and region.
The complexity of emergencies in modernity and the requirement of thorough planning to manage and mitigate such complex incidents boost the market share of the service sector
In order to prepare for emergencies, comprehensive procedures and planning are required. Many businesses offer emergency preparedness, consulting and process development services. These services are available at the municipal, state and federal levels. Organizations create, develop, plan and prepare for natural and man-made disasters and provide emergency management consulting services from start to finish. Technology consulting services include the planning and designing emergency management and preparedness infrastructure. These services ultimately ensure increased benefit realization, preemptive risk assessment and better alignment of program objectives and business goals.
Many communication companies are developing LTE communication solutions and next-generation software-defined radios and cognitive radios to ensure public safety during a crisis. Companies such as Lockheed Martin provide government organizations and businesses with incident and emergency management consulting services. In the current scenario, smart gateways can connect sensors worn by first responders, such as body cameras, heart rate monitors and locator beacons and feed that data back to a command center, where it can be accessed later.
Technological advancements and the financial stability to implement newer technologies to tackle the growing security concerns allow North America to dominate the regional segment
North America is home to technologically advanced countries contributing significantly to the incident and emergency management market. In implementing security architecture and technological development, North America has progressed and is adaptable. Adoption of incident and emergency management, as well as the presence of several local vendors providing incident and emergency management solutions, are expected to drive regional market growth. North American businesses are increasingly implementing the suitable solution to enable data and other forms of security to prevent and tackle a wide array of events ranging from natural disasters to instances such as 9/11, cyber-attacks and commercial espionage, to ensure data protection for business operations. Similarly, North America's developed economies, such as U.S. and Canada, prioritize innovations derived from R&D and technology. As a result, North America dominates the regional segment of the global incident and emergency management market.
In terms of global and local producer numbers and strengths, the global incident and emergency management market is saturated with local and global manufacturers such as Honeywell, Lockheed Martin, Motorola Solutions, Siemens, NEC Corporation, Collins Aerospace, IBM, Hexagon, Larsen & Toubro Infotech and Alert Technologies. The market is fragmented and pivotal market stakeholders use market tactics such as mergers, acquisitions, product launches, contributions and collaborations to gain a competitive advantage and recognition in their respective markets.
For instance, Lockheed Martin unveiled a new LTE-over-Satellite system on March 13, 2019, to provide interconnection to remote locations, including areas without cellphone coverage or during natural disasters such as wildfires, hurricanes and earthquakes, among others. New hotspots connect established phones to satellite systems for consistent 4G connectivity. Offshore fishermen, remote mineral manufacturing outposts, scientific and research terminals and agricultural operations may benefit from the product, among others located far from cell towers. In order to provide additional connectivity, hotspots can be mounted on vehicles, trucks or ships.
Overview: The electricity, manufacturing, marine oil and gas, ceramics, chemicals, air separation, building complexes, food and beverage, metals, pulp and paper, textiles and sugar industries are just a few of the industries that Siemens AG develops and produces a variety of solutions. The business has offices in Canada, Mexico, U.S., Brazil, Saudi Arabia, China and other nations. Its headquarters are in Erlangen, Germany. Since its founding in 1847, the corporation has grown to employ 376,000 people.
• Cerberus Connect X300: The Cerberus Connect X300 gateway could send fire panel data to the cloud using encoded transmission technology and an integrated firewall. In the event of a system incident, maintenance personnel receives real-time information to respond quickly, notify customers and plan site visits. The Cerberus Connect X300 gateway ensures that all relevant data is delivered in real-time to Cerberus Portal. Data is processed locally on the gateway before being sent to the cloud, leveraging the power of edge computing technology. This multi-protocol gateway not only connects to Siemens and third-party building products, but it is also simple to install and commission. A built-in firewall and encrypted transmission technology guarantee the highest level of security. As a cloud application, Cerberus Portal can be accessed from any online device, including PCs, laptops and tablets running any operating system. Cerberus Portal and Cerberus Connect X300 are networkable panels compatible with Cerberus PRO (FC722, FC723, FC724, FC726). More Cerberus Cloud Apps will be released in the future to help maintenance companies. Cerberus Test and Cerberus Tunnel are two instances of mobile applications designed to help service providers.
• On June 30, 2022, Siemens added new FC720 fire control panels, an IoT-enabled OOH740 detector designed for disturbance-free testing and the Cerberus Connect mobile app to its Cerberus PRO fire safety lineup. Resource optimization, easier planning and maintenance and greater convenience during operations are some of the advantages of the new products, especially for system integrators, service providers and clients. The FC720 fire control panels use the new X200 gateway to provide built-in connectivity, simplifying the installation and commissioning procedures. As a result, the product’s efficiency is increased and the total cost of ownership is optimized.
Why Purchase the Report?
• To visualize the global incident and emergency management market segmentation based on component, end-user and region, as well as understand key commercial assets and players.
• Identify commercial opportunities in the global incident and emergency management market by analyzing trends and co-development.
• Excel data sheet with numerous data points of incident and emergency management market-level with four segments.
• PDF report consisting of cogently put together market analysis after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
• Product mapping available as excel consisting of key products of all the major market players
The global incident and emergency management market report would provide approximately 53 tables, 50 figures and almost 165 pages.
Component Audience 2023
• Manufacturers/ Buyers
• Industry Investors/Investment Bankers
• Research Professionals
• Emerging Companies
Learn how to effectively navigate the market research process to help guide your organization on the journey to success.Download eBook