United States Biobanks Market, By Type (Population Based Biobanks v/s Disease Oriented Biobanks), By Ownership (National/regional agency, Non-profit Organization, Universities, and Private Organization), By Product (Equipment & Consumables, Media, Software & Services), By Specimen Type (Blood Products, Solid Tissue, Cell Lines, Nucleic Acid, Others), By Application (Therapeutic v/s Research), By End User (Academic Institutes, and Pharma & Biotech Companies, Others), By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2026
United States biobanks market is expected to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period. Growing need to store and preserve the biological samples such as nucleic acids, tissues, blood which are in demand for research activities for advancements in biomedical research and identify disease-relevant biomarkers. The rise in the number of research activities is considered the major driver for the forecast period. An increase in investments and funding made by the leading authorities and market players to advance the sectors such as regenerative medicine, cell & gene therapy, stem cell therapeutics is promoting the scope of research activities which in turn is accelerating the market growth. The surge in the adoption of cord blood banking techniques by healthcare facilities offers several benefits such as more people can receive stem cells than received through the bone marrow and this process is less complicated and painful for the donor which in turn is fostering the growth of the biobanks market. Biobanks play a significant role to maintain and update the age demographic databases. The rising demand for personalized medicine as it is considered more effective and provides better results is contributing to the surge in the biobanks market growth.
United States biobanks market is segmented into type, ownership, product, specimen type, application, end user, regional distribution, and company. Based on product, the market can be divided into equipment & consumables, media, software & services. The equipment & consumables product segment is expected to hold a major market share in the forecast period. The rise in the number of biobanks is aiding to increase the capacity to store a large number of biosamples is increasing the demand for biobanking devices which in turn is accelerating the market growth.
The major players operating in the United States biobanks market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Hamilton Company, Brooks Automation, Inc., VWR Corporation, LLC, Promega Corporation, Becton, Dickinson, and Company, RUCDR Infinite Biologics, LabVantage Solutions Inc., US Biolab Corporation, Inc., ProteoGenex, Inc., Cureline, Inc., Bay Biosciences LLC, Geneticist Inc, BioLifeSolutions Inc., among others. Major companies are developing advanced technologies and launching new services to stay competitive in the market. Other competitive strategies include mergers & acquisitions and new service developments.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2026
Objective of the Study:
- To analyze the historical growth of the market size of United States biobanks market from 2016 to 2019.
- To estimate and forecast the market size of United States biobanks market from 2020 to 2026 and growth rate until 2026.
- To classify and forecast United States biobanks market based on type, ownership, product, specimen type, application, end user, regional distribution, and company.
- To identify dominant region or segment in the United States biobanks.
- To identify drivers and challenges for United States biobanks market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, new product launches, mergers & acquisitions, etc., in United States biobanks market.
- To identify and analyze the profile of leading players operating in United States biobanks market.
- To identify key sustainable strategies adopted by market players in United States biobanks market.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of service providers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the respondents were also enquired about their competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research could include the service providers who could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed the service providers, distribution channels and presence of all major players across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size of United States biobanks market using a bottom-up approach, wherein data for various end-user segments was recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from the industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical data of these product types and applications for getting an appropriate, overall market size. Various secondary sources such as company websites, news articles, press releases, company annual reports, investor presentations and financial reports were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Biobank service provider companies
- Market research and consulting firms
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Organizations, forums, and alliances related to biobanks market.
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as service providers, suppliers and partners, end users, etc., besides allowing them in strategizing investments and capitalizing on market opportunities.
In this report, United States biobanks market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- United States Biobanks Market, By Type:
- Population Based Biobanks
- Disease Oriented Biobanks
- United States Biobanks Market, By Ownership:
- National/regional agency
- Non-profit Organization
- Private Organization
- United States Biobanks Market, By Product:
- Equipment & Consumables
- Software & Services
- United States Biobanks Market, By Specimen Type:
- Blood Products
- Solid Tissue
- Cell Lines
- Nucleic Acid
- United States Biobanks Market, By Application:
- United States Biobanks Market, By End User:
- Academic Institutes
- Pharma & Biotech Companies
- United States Biobanks Market, By Region:
- North East
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in United States biobanks market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without