India Automotive Lubricants Market By Vehicle Type (M&HCV, Two-Wheeler, etc.), By Lubricant Type (Engine Oil, Grease, etc.), By Base Oil (Mineral, Semi-Synthetic, etc.), By Demand Category, By Sales Channel, Competition, Forecast & Opportunities, 2027
India automotive lubricants market stood at $ 4.9 billion in 2017 and is projected to reach $ 10.3 billion by 2027. Increasing preference for vehicles for personal mobility and easy finance options are driving sales of automobiles in India, which, in turn, is increasing demand for automotive lubricants. Moreover, low and stable crude oil prices are providing opportunities to automotive lubricant manufacturers to earn strong margins. Additionally, continuously growing replacement market due to increasing awareness among consumers is further anticipated to propel demand for automotive lubricants in India. Furthermore, awareness among consumers regarding the use of highly efficient engine oils and other lubricants is contributing towards the growth of synthetic base oil market in India.
Years Considered for this Report:
Historical Years: 2013 – 2016
Base Year: 2017
Estimated Year: 2018
Forecast Period: 2019 – 2027
Objective of the Study:
- The primary objective of the study was to evaluate and forecast automotive lubricants in India.
- To categorize the market based on vehicle type, lubricant type, by base oil, by region, by demand category, by sales channel and by company.
- To understand major policy and regulations which impact India automotive lubricants market positively or negatively.
- To identify major drivers, challenges and trends in India automotive lubricants market.
- To identify and profile major companies in India automotive lubricants market.
Some of the major players operating in India automotive lubricants market include Indian Oil Corporation, Castrol India Limited, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited, Tidewater Oil Corporation India Limited, Valvoline Cummins Private Limited, Gulf Oil Lubricants India Limited, Shell India, ExxonMobil Lubricants Private Limited and Total Oil India Private Limited.
To extract the data for India automotive lubricants, primary research surveys were conducted with automotive lubricants manufacturers and end users. Moreover, TechSci Research has analyzed various end use sectors and speculated a positive outlook for India automotive lubricants market in the coming years. Taking into consideration emerging trends in development of engine technology, ability of material to enhance the efficiency of the vehicle and advent of the concept of electric vehicles and synthetic base oil lubricants, our team of analyst has speculated a positive future for India automotive lubricants market.
Various secondary sources such as Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, white papers, company websites, magazines and annual report of various companies involved in automotive lubricants business were also studied by TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Automotive lubricants manufacturers and other stakeholders
- Major end users of automotive lubricant products
- Organizations, forums and alliances related to automotive lubricant products
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for industry stakeholders, such as automotive lubricant manufacturers, customers and policymakers, as well as in identifying which market segments should be targeted over the coming years in order to strategize investments and capitalize on growth opportunities in specific market segments and geographies.
In this report, India automotive lubricants market has been segmented into following categories, in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Market, By Vehicle Type:
- Passenger Cars
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicles
- Market, By Lubricant Type:
- Engine Oil
- Gear Oil
- Transmission Fluids
- Market, By Base Oils
- Mineral Oil
- Semi-Synthetic Oil
- Synthetic Oil
- Market, By Region:
- North India
- West India
- East India
- South India
- Market, By Demand Category:
- Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)
- Original Equipment Supplier (OES)
- Independent Aftermarket (IAM)
- Market, By Sales Channel:
- Authorized Distributors
- Workshops & Garages
- Petrol Pumps
- Market, By Company:
- Indian Oil Corporation,
- Castrol India Limited,
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited
- Tidewater Oil Corporation India Limited
Company Benchmarking: Benchmarking of leading players on the basis of lubricant type provided by them.
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of major companies operating in India automotive lubricants market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. Following customization options are available for the report:
Channel Partner Analysis
- Detailed list of distributors and dealers across all the regions.
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Customer ProfilingPlease Note:
Printing is not available on single-user licenses.