Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Type (Production Switchers, Master Control Switchers, Routing Switchers), By Application (Studio Production, Production Trucks, News Production, Sports Broadcasting, Post-Production, Others), By Number of Ports (Less than 16 Ports, 16 to 40 Ports, 40 to 250 Ports, More than 250 Ports), By Port Type (Coaxial, Uncompressed IP, Compressed IP, Others), By Video Resolution (4K, High Definition, Standard Definition), By Region, Competition Forecast & Opportunities, 2026
Global broadcast switchers market was valued USD1803.3 million in 2020 and is forecast to grow at CAGR of 8.07% in the next five years. The growth in the market can be attributed to growth in television industry and increase in demand for high definition and ultra-high definition television set, which in turn is fueling the demand for broadcast switchers through 2026. Changing consumer preferences related to adoption of digital television set over analog is another factor for the growing demand for broadcast switchers. Increasing number of digital channels and growing focus on production automation are some other key factors driving the global broadcast switchers market. A broadcast switcher is a hardware device used in video or movie production. It is used for selecting or switching different audio and video signals coming in from different sources. Broadcast switcher has become an integral part of video broadcasting which plays an important role in entire video transmission.
The global broadcast switchers market has been segmented into type, application, number of ports, port type, video resolution and region. Based on type, the market is categorized into production switchers, master control switchers and routing switchers. Routing switcher which accounted for market share of 39.92% in 2020 held the dominant share. A routing switcher is capable of performing tasks of router and is being used at conference rooms, corporate conferences, and worship places, among others. Increasing deployment of routing switchers in these places is elevating the demand for sophisticated broadcasting products; consequently, driving the segmental growth in the market.
In terms of application, the global broadcast switchers market is segmented into studio production, production trucks, news production, sports broadcasting, post-production and others. The studio production segment held the largest market share in 2020 due to growing prominence of 4K digital video format which is being utilized in video/film production these days.
The major players operating in global broadcast switcher market are Blackmagic Design Pty. Ltd., Broadcast Pix, Inc., Evertz Microsystems Ltd., FOR-A Company Ltd., Grass Valley USA LLC, Imagine Communications, Ikegami Electronics U.S.A. Inc., NewTek, Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Sony Electronics, Inc., and Utah Scientific, Inc, among others. Leading companies are investing in research and development activities to launch new and innovative products in the market and to enhance their global reach. For instance, Blackmagic Design has launched ATEM Constellation 8K, a high-end live-production switcher with 8K capability that lets customers create content for the next generation of the televisio.
Years considered for this report:
Historical Years: 2016-2019
Base Year: 2020
Estimated Year: 2021
Forecast Period: 2022–2026
Objective of the Study:
- To outline, classify and estimate the global broadcast switchers market on the basis of type, application, number of ports, port type, video resolution and regional distribution.
- To study and forecast the global market size of the broadcast switchers, in terms of value.
- To project the size of broadcast switchers market, in terms of value, with respect to key types such as production switchers, master control switchers and routing switchers.
- To understand the regional market structure of broadcast switchers market, the global broadcast switchers market is segmented in five regions, namely – Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and South America and forecast the market size, in terms of value.
- To identify the detailed information about the prime factors affecting the global broadcast switchers market.
- To evaluate competitor pricing, average market selling prices and margins in the global broadcast switchers market.
- To examine competitive developments such as expansions, innovative product modifications, new entrants in the global broadcast switchers market.
- To strategically profile the leading players in the market which are involved in the manufacturing and supply of broadcast switchers worldwide.
TechSci Research performed both primary as well as exhaustive secondary research for this study. Initially, TechSci Research sourced a list of leading broadcast switchers manufacturers across the globe. Subsequently, TechSci Research conducted primary research surveys with the identified companies. While interviewing, the company personnel were also enquired about their key products, manufacturing plant location, prices of products and competitors. Through this technique, TechSci Research was able to include the manufacturers which could not be identified due to the limitations of secondary research. TechSci Research analyzed of type, application, number of ports, port type, video resolution and regional presence of all major broadcast switchers manufacturers across the globe.
TechSci Research calculated the market size for global broadcast switchers using a bottom-up approach, where manufacturers’ value sales data for standard types were recorded and forecast for the future years. TechSci Research sourced these values from industry experts and company representatives and externally validated through analyzing historical sales data of respective manufacturers to arrive at the overall market size. Various secondary sources, secondary sources directories, databases, company annual reports, white papers, investor presentations and financial reports were also used by the TechSci Research.
Key Target Audience:
- Broadcast Switchers manufacturers and suppliers
- Research organizations and consulting companies
- Trade Associations, organizations, forums and alliances related to broadcast switchers
- Government bodies such as regulating authorities and policy makers
- Industry associations
- Market research and consulting firms
The study is useful in providing answers to several critical questions that are important for the industry stakeholders such as broadcast switcher manufacturers, distributors and dealers, customers and policy makers. which market segments should be targeted over the coming years (next two to five years) in order to strategize investments and capitalize on the growth of the market segment.
In this report, the global broadcast switcher market has been segmented into the following categories in addition to the industry trends which have also been detailed below:
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Type:
- Production Switchers
- Master Control Switchers
- Routing Switchers
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Application:
- Studio Production
- Production Trucks
- News Production
- Sports Broadcasting
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Number of Ports:
- Less than 16 Ports
- 16 to 40 Ports
- 40 to 250 Ports
- More than 250 Ports
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Port Type:
- Uncompressed IP
- Compressed IP
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Video Resolution:
- High Definition
- Standard Definition
- Global Broadcast Switchers Market, By Geography:
- South Korea
- North America
- United States
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South America
Company Profiles: Detailed analysis of the major companies present in global broadcast switcher market.
With the given market data, TechSci Research offers customizations according to a company’s specific needs. The following customization options are available for the report:
- Detailed analysis and profiling of additional market players (up to five).
Profit Margin Analysis
- Profit margin analysis in case of direct and indirect sales channel.
Report will be updated with the latest data and delivered to you within 3-5 working days of order. Single User license will be delivered in PDF format without